Tickets Half Season Tickets

That's great for you.

Can you point to the section of the article that explains this is possible? Not every fan wanting to buy a half season ticket reads this forum.

Whenever I have an issue or query with a company I contact them directly to solve the issue. Not every query or issue is explained in writing on the internet and if you don't ask you don't get.

Whenever I have an issue or query with a company I contact them directly to solve the issue. Not every query or issue is explained in writing on the internet and if you don't ask you don't get.
If you got to a ticket page to buy tickets, and a seat is greyed out, then it's not unreasonable to assume that the seat is unavailable (there is a key that says greyed seats are unavailable, after all).

This is a cock-up. Doesn't affect me, yet I still believe it should have been handled a lot better. Instead, we have the issue being passed off as not a problem by supposed supporter representatives.

Posted this on another thread but also relevant here. Still quite seething...

Back in November I purchased my younger brother a half season ticket in the seat next to me. I did so over the phone, and at no point was I advised that the seat would not be available for any games.

We arrived at the match today, however, and my brother's mobile ticket did not work at the turnstile, so he was sent to the ticket office where we were advised by the attendant that the seat had already been sold for both the Cambridge and Derby matches, and that he would have to be given a replacement ticket several rows away. I was also informed that I 'should have been told' the seat was unavailable at the time of purchase.

I'll be honest, I was absolutely livid with how P**s-poor it is. Top 30 club my a**e.

I have emailed Lee Barton and asked him to contact the person who purchased a seat for the Derby match to respectfully request that they consider relocating so that my brother can sit in his season ticket seat. If he declines this request I will be asking for a full refund on the half ST.

Absolute shambles.

A couple of things to add:

- I purchased the half ST literally within an hour of them going on sale
- Not that it really matters, but the seat is in the so-called 'Premium' (ha ha) SSU section.
- Even if the club somehow weren't aware of the issue at the time the ST was purchased, surely to God they must've known at some point between the date of purchase and today's match?! If they'd have rang and explained the situation we might've been able to sort out a suitable (albeit still not ideal) alternative in advance. As it was, we ended up at the ticket office until 15:05, therefore missing the start of the match and I spent the next 20 mins or so after getting to my seat in an absolutely foul mood (not helped by the team's performance, mind)
- What on earth would the club have done if there wasn't a spare seat available? I'm still a bit surprised there was one given it was a sell out?

Remarkably, this is even worse than I imagined above.

I'd envisaged the better HST seats being unfairly locked-off by matchday purchases. I hadn't factored in the incompetency that allowed for them still being available as HSTs - and then supporters who've purchased them being literally turned away at the turnstiles because individual match tickets had already been sold for those same seats.

Absolutely pathetic.

And completely avoidable.

Was it this season that the club put ALL home league matches available to buy at the start of the season?

I has a quite easy experience although a little complicated!
I had read on here and in the official site that there could be a need to change the Cambridge ticket.
As I also had a Derby ticket purchased, I went to the ticket office.
I managed to but a half ST, get a refund for the Derby game and move the Cambridge seat all in a few minutes.
They were very helpful in the ticket office and said that quite a few had been sold.

There could be an issue for the Pompey game. My understanding is the half season ticket doesn’t include that game as it was postponed prior to the launch and seat tickets were already sold to individual purchasers. The risk is that half season ticket holders may not realise this, as you’d naturally assume this includes all games for the remainder of the season.

I has a quite easy experience although a little complicated!
I had read on here and in the official site that there could be a need to change the Cambridge ticket.
As I also had a Derby ticket purchased, I went to the ticket office.
I managed to but a half ST, get a refund for the Derby game and move the Cambridge seat all in a few minutes.
They were very helpful in the ticket office and said that quite a few had been sold.
No offence intended but not everyone has the time to peruse every single thread on this forum. I'd have expected the club to inform me the seat wouldn't be available for Cambridge and Derby at the time of purchase, or at the very least sometime between the date of purchase and arriving at the turnstile.

There could be an issue for the Pompey game. My understanding is the half season ticket doesn’t include that game as it was postponed prior to the launch and seat tickets were already sold to individual purchasers. The risk is that half season ticket holders may not realise this, as you’d naturally assume this includes all games for the remainder of the season.
Wasn't aware of this either.

...great?

For some reason the other part of my message didn't send.

The Barnsley game being rearranged last season was the exact same scenario, those with half season tickets had to buy individual tickets to attend that match. It wasn't communicated very much and a few found this out when their digital season ticket would not scan at the turnstile.

For some reason the other part of my message didn't send.

The Barnsley game being rearranged last season was the exact same scenario, those with half season tickets had to buy individual tickets to attend that match. It wasn't communicated very much and a few found this out when their digital season ticket would not scan at the turnstile.

Ah okay, initially I thought you were implying that I should've known as the same cock up/miscommunication occurred last season!

Credit where it's due, Lee Barton got back to me this afternoon with the below response:

Thank you for your email. Apologies for the slight delay, I wanted to ensure I had a suitable resolution prior to responding.

I can confirm, your brothers half season ticket seat (JJ94 SSU) will be available for him to use for the upcoming Derby County fixture. He’ll need to collect a one time use paper ticket from our collection window at the Ticket Office. After which, he’ll be able to access the remaining home league matches using his season card.

Upon completing the half season ticket purchase you should of received an automation explaining that the seat you selected would not be available for these fixtures and advised on appropriate actions, this clearly didn’t happen. I empathise with your frustrations and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Hopefully the club learn from this before next season!

Credit where it's due, Lee Barton got back to me this afternoon with the below response:

Thank you for your email. Apologies for the slight delay, I wanted to ensure I had a suitable resolution prior to responding.

I can confirm, your brothers half season ticket seat (JJ94 SSU) will be available for him to use for the upcoming Derby County fixture. He’ll need to collect a one time use paper ticket from our collection window at the Ticket Office. After which, he’ll be able to access the remaining home league matches using his season card.

Upon completing the half season ticket purchase you should of received an automation explaining that the seat you selected would not be available for these fixtures and advised on appropriate actions, this clearly didn’t happen. I empathise with your frustrations and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Hopefully the club learn from this before next season!
Good response.

1 question I would ask if you do respond is regarding the pompey game as this will be a game that was due to be played before half season tickets were available.
That email would give the impression that the pompey game is included.

Back
Top Bottom