Ex Player Dickie

Gives Karl Robinson a glowing review for helping development.

Interestingly doesn't rubbish transfer speculation, says Premier League is his goal with or without QPR, and does the whole "I play for these guys now, and we'll see what ends up happening" line.

I assume it would have to be a big fee if he went in the next couple of weeks. QPR are a playoff shoo-in this season, and that immediately gets binned if they lose Dickie.
On that logic then if we lost Cameron then our playoff hopes are gone - never as simple as that

On that logic then if we lost Cameron then our playoff hopes are gone - never as simple as that
How about if we lost Taylor? He's the 20 goal striker that made the playoff difference for us.

QPR were woeful defensively before Dickie came in and they moved to the back three. I maintain that without him they are back to mid table.

I would say Dickie is worth around 2-7 million. 20% of that is not bad at all. We seem to do very well with our centre backs.

Not a chance in hell! That lad is worth £15m plus.

He won player of the year, and players player of the year. He’s scored 3 already from defence, and they sold Eze to Palace for good money.

QPR don’t sell on the cheap anymore. We are in for a cash injection soon.

Sky Sports used Dickie in the advertisement for their game v Barnsley. He's already big 😉

Last edited:
Looks like QPR have elected to be absolutely terrible until the end of August in a bid to keep hold of Dickie a while longer.

Looks like QPR have elected to be absolutely terrible until the end of August in a bid to keep hold of Dickie a while longer.
hope they continue ( being terrible ) until after we play em in the league cup next week

“That’s why when we were negotiating one of the sticking points was the percentage of the sell-on clause, because we believe the kid has got that potential.

KR confirming we have a sell on clause for Rob Dickie in the OM today. 🎉 🥳

This just proves Rob Dickie is heading right to the top!

The guy is pure class

Just think, if we hadnt have bottled it against Wycombe, he would be martialling our defence AND we would be getting the millions direct. Fine margins.
Maybe, but small clubs often lose good players on promotion. If we’d played with him in the championship for a year we could have cashed in big time though.

In my 50 years watching Oxford, Rob Dickie is right up there as one of the best centre backs we’ve ever had. In no particular order ….
Shotton
Roberts
Briggs
Dickie
Elliott

Back
Top Bottom