General Rob Dickie transfer

So your argument is that the people who run our club are morons who aren't capable of properly valuing our players and/or negotiating a deal?

I mean that might be true. If they accept one million for Dickie in June or July, it definitely is true.

It's all very well saying "We're poor, we're desperate, we'll take any offer that comes along". But if Burnley, Southampton & Leeds are all interested in Dickie, and we don't use that level of interest to bump up the price to Matthew Clarke levels, then Tiger & co. may as well organise a big party at the Kasstad and set fire to millions of pounds. It would be just as economically wasteful.

If August comes round, and that level of interest in Dickie isn't there......then we might be justified in selling at a cheaper price.
But I doubt it - there's not many defenders of his age and quality that are going to be on the market this summer.
Totally agree. Let's see

Don't know but I have no doubt we could have got a fee for him.
If the player was willing to be sold rather than sitting tight and pocketing more money by moving on a free, when he would also have more options due to no transfer fee being required. I couldn’t possibly say if that’s exactly what happened there or not.

Damn bold button...

• React
Reactions: MJB
If the player was willing to be sold rather than sitting tight and pocketing more money by moving on a free, when he would also have more options due to no transfer fee being required. I couldn’t possibly say if that’s exactly what happened there or not.

Damn bold button...

9da140255502299a071eadac1628c75c.jpg

Damn bold button...

That would apply to Rob Dickie as well then.

Nothing short of sensational from Dickie and Ruffels; 1st and 5th respectively for most minutes played in all competitions for the top four tiers (all players, including keepers)
No Premier League players on that list, thought they were all overworked...

On a slightly different tack that money we got for baptiste and fosu while not enough is looking very handy in the current situation

Whoever has been scouting our acquisitions for the last few seasons deserves a massive clap. In my fifty plus years of supporting this club I have never known such a production line of new saleable talent. Most years we have been lucky to even have one prospect now they are popping up all over the pitch! Obviously the coaching staff must take a lot of the credit as well

Back
Top Bottom