Rob Dickie

I saw a tweet floating around from a John Madjeski Academy coach very surprised Dickie was good enough to play in L1. Wasn't complimentary in the slightest. It surprised me - Dickie has had been a little up down but not as bad as he made out.
So its on Twitter must be the absolute truth then, Twitter after all is the font of all knowledge right?

So its on Twitter must be the absolute truth then, Twitter after all is the font of all knowledge right?
Dunno. It stood out to me because the vast majority of other comments have been positive. Even from Dickie's time at Lincoln.

I like his attitude and he’s good in the air, but not overly sure with the ball at his feet/kicking ability, but I guess he’s still young.

I am a big fan of Dickie, he's been our best defender (doesn't say alot) since he started getting a run of games.
However, I actually don't think though that he is that good in the air. He often jumps all over the forward and gives a foul away. I believe this happened vs Scunthorpe, he stood and watched as they took a quick free kick which ended up in their goal.

Definitely one for the future, and hope to see him alongside Nelson next season.

I like his attitude and he’s good in the air, but not overly sure with the ball at his feet/kicking ability, but I guess he’s still young.
Have to agree with your “ ball at his feet etc” , for me he is reasonable in the air in defence and set pieces in the opposition pen area.
But
He lacks pace and often gets caught out running back to cover.
Hopefully a good coach will build on his form to date and sort his weaknesses.

Not this again, remember this with Chey last season and look at the season he's had with his inability to play out. I don't want a centre back to be comfortable with the ball at his feet i want him to be strong and lump it out. If only we had more players like mous and martin we would be so much better than those Dickies and Dunkleys of this world. ;)

Not this again, remember this with Chey last season and look at the season he's had with his inability to play out. I don't want a centre back to be comfortable with the ball at his feet i want him to be strong and lump it out. If only we had more players like mous and martin we would be so much better than those Dickies and Dunkleys of this world. ;)

He struggles to kick a ball in a particular direction e.g. mainly kicks it off.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like him to succeed, but I don’t think he’s the player we’re led to believe.

Best centre half, after Nelson in my view. I really can't wait to get Mousinho out of the team, he litterally scares the poop out of me every time he dwells on the ball.

He nearly caused an injury to Simon Eastwood with his shocking inability to see the Shrews Striker 6ft away from him.

I don’t think he’s good enough to take us forward.

He might be the best option at the moment (I remain to be convinced) but if we want to be pushing towards the other end of League 1 assuming we stay up I think we need better.

I can’t agree with those that say they don’t want a centre back to be comfortable on the ball.....why wouldn’t you aslong as this isn’t instead of being strong and good in the air.

We all know Dunkley wasn’t the best on the floor, but he is superior (far, in my eyes) to Dickie in the air in both boxes and in general play.

That being said, I really want Dickie to do well, and he will retain my full support whenever he is on the pitch.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I don’t think he’s good enough to take us forward.

He might be the best option at the moment (I remain to be convinced) but if we want to be pushing towards the other end of League 1 assuming we stay up I think we need better.

I can’t agree with those that say they don’t want a centre back to be comfortable on the ball.....why wouldn’t you aslong as this isn’t instead of being strong and good in the air.

We all know Dunkley wasn’t the best on the floor, but he is superior (far, in my eyes) to Dickie in the air in both boxes and in general play.

That being said, I really want Dickie to do well, and he will retain my full support whenever he is on the pitch.
I think Dickie might be helped by the return of Nelson and a steady back 4.

I agree. Clearly MOM.
Considering the defence that he has come into for a young player he has looked very assured.
The best defender in our team since he has come in.

Dickie and Nelson together will be one of the best partnerships in League One next season. Can’t wait to see them play together. I will sleep a lot more easily then.

Back
Top Bottom