Ex Player Rob Dickie

Cameroon also did the best sequence of fouls/attempted fouls Vs Argentina that I've seen in international football. Especially good as it was against Argentina who are renowned for cynical fouling.

The first red card, was soft! There was another defender there, so he wasn’t threw on goal.

He was the brother of the Goalscorer Omam Biyek. I think. The 2nd one is brilliant! Then in true Argentine form, Jorge Burracharga runs over and pushes Massing behind the refs back. Astonishing result, and how Argentina got to the final was and is still a mystery, because they were awful too.

Oh come on.
Those you mentioned totally under achieved.
Southgate players by contrast have already got to the semi finals of the WC.
Beckham didn't see himself as a model? Mmm

I know a fair bit has been said after this and I might be repeating someone but getting to the semis of the World Cup in 18 is a massive red herring. We won 3 games out of 7 in 90 minutes against Sweden, Tunisia and Panama. Needed pens to get past a very average Columbia and also failed to beat a good but not great Croatia. If you had been told before the tournament that we could have a run of Sweden, Colombia and Croatia to get to the final you (or anyone) would snap their hand off for that draw!

I know a fair bit has been said after this and I might be repeating someone but getting to the semis of the World Cup in 18 is a massive red herring. We won 3 games out of 7 in 90 minutes against Sweden, Tunisia and Panama. Needed pens to get past a very average Columbia and also failed to beat a good but not great Croatia. If you had been told before the tournament that we could have a run of Sweden, Colombia and Croatia to get to the final you (or anyone) would snap their hand off for that draw!
Yes we lost against Belgium both times we played them and against Croatia. We basically got to the Semis by having an easy run and beating the sides we should be beating.

Everyone’s slagging off the so-called ‘golden generation’ but a lot of times when they went out it was against far tougher teams - Argentina, Brazil, Portugal

I’ve seen a few QPR fans on Twitter saying he hasn’t been very good for quite a while
A QPR fan at work also echoed this. He said he was their player of the year up until Christmas, but argued he wouldn’t get in their strongest XI on current form.

One of the reports says Dickie is available for a "measly fee of £5 million". What's that all about? :(

A QPR fan at work also echoed this. He said he was their player of the year up until Christmas, but argued he wouldn’t get in their strongest XI on current form.
Means nothing.

A few below par performances since the start of the year doesn’t suddenly make him any less of a class CB.

Having kept an eye on his progress since going to QPR, and seeing lots of online footage of his displays, I genuinely believe there are not many centre backs around better than Rob Dickie, and I’m confident once he finally gets his chance in the premiership, an England call up will follow

Back
Top Bottom