Ex Player Dickie

This just proves Rob Dickie is heading right to the top!

The guy is pure class

He really is. Now. I remember the Brentford game (where I think Shandon came on for a horrible 60 seconds or so).

But during that game we were all screaming to get him off.

Turns out we had a good ‘un.

Not forgetting that great division two defender we had, Garry Smart. Didn’t get any goals but very good at being chased back towards the danger area

Dickie is just pure class proved on Tuesday after he scored a great goal to not celebrate out of respect for Oufc I honestly think that if we had beat Wycombe he still would have left that summer to an established championship side

I wonder if a possible Dickie transfer is holding up the takeover? If it’s 20% of transfer profit from that deal tiger may be due a cut and he will probably wait out this transfer window before signing off the deal.

I wonder if a possible Dickie transfer is holding up the takeover? If it’s 20% of transfer profit from that deal tiger may be due a cut and he will probably wait out this transfer window before signing off the deal.
Tiger was announced as chairman in February 2018 and Dickie was announced in January. I’m not sure Tiger is due a cut from this.

Tiger was announced as chairman in February 2018 and Dickie was announced in January. I’m not sure Tiger is due a cut from this.
To be honest, I'm not sure that chairman should ever be due any monies back from transfers. They sell the club for the value it is at the time. It is another thing that is wrong with football, people who 'invest' in clubs and then demand their money back when it goes wrong under their watch (I'm most definitely NOT suggesting this is what Tiger has done, before anyone starts, it's a general point)

To be honest, I'm not sure that chairman should ever be due any monies back from transfers. They sell the club for the value it is at the time. It is another thing that is wrong with football, people who 'invest' in clubs and then demand their money back when it goes wrong under their watch (I'm most definitely NOT suggesting this is what Tiger has done, before anyone starts, it's a general point)
Completely agree. If anyone should receive money from subsequent sales, it should be the manager that develops them and gives them a chance to fulfil their potential!

Well if we're starting down this round, I'd like to point out what I've done and what I deserve.

We lost 2-0 at home to Bristol Rovers a couple of years ago, with our former loan sensation Alex Jakubiak scoring twice for the gassy pirates. Dickie had a nightmare for one of the goals, where he failed to clear and then lost a tussle with Jakubiak. I remember Dickie coming in for some criticism after this. Whilst others were happy to moan, I said 'unlucky Rob, keep going!'.

There is more to this story, including my activities of the evening where I made a ritual sacrifice of a yak wearing a dickie bow tie, but I don't want to digress too much. What I'm getting at is my unwavering support (and black magic) got him where he is today, and I'm therefore entitled to at least a 10% sell on.

I think it is a good point that the transfer window could be holding up a takeover. Looking back ten years, the value of our squad and potential sell-ons would have been tiny.

Whereas trying to put a value on our current squad and any potential sell-ons is a lot more difficult. So if someone asked you to value Dickie's sell-on clause as an asset of the club, it could be anywhere from zero if he gets injured or runs down his contract, to potentially several million if he gets a big money move to the EPL. Whereas if Dickie does move by the end of the transfer window, the club will know for sure the value of the sell-on. Similarly if Jack Stevens ends up getting sold.

We lost 2-0 at home to Bristol Rovers a couple of years ago, with our former loan sensation Alex Jakubiak scoring twice for the gassy pirates. Dickie had a nightmare for one of the goals, where he failed to clear and then lost a tussle with Jakubiak.
I was at this game! I remember he looked far too weak to be a good CB, and a bit slow. How he has developed since then.

As others have said, not sure that a chairman should 'take a cut', but if he did, surely its totally irrelevant under whose watch a player was signed. The chairman/owner of a club at the time any asset is sold owns the asset.

Out of those five names I mentioned I'd say Dickie is the best of the lot on the ball and I think as good as any of the others in the air.

I remember Colin Clarke scoring a similar goal as Dickie’s at the Manor in the 80s. It went like a bullet into the net at the London road from a similar distance. Can’t remember who against.

Well if we're starting down this round, I'd like to point out what I've done and what I deserve.

We lost 2-0 at home to Bristol Rovers a couple of years ago, with our former loan sensation Alex Jakubiak scoring twice for the gassy pirates. Dickie had a nightmare for one of the goals, where he failed to clear and then lost a tussle with Jakubiak. I remember Dickie coming in for some criticism after this. Whilst others were happy to moan, I said 'unlucky Rob, keep going!'.

There is more to this story, including my activities of the evening where I made a ritual sacrifice of a yak wearing a dickie bow tie, but I don't want to digress too much. What I'm getting at is my unwavering support (and black magic) got him where he is today, and I'm therefore entitled to at least a 10% sell on.
This all sounds perfectly reasonable. I'll be sure to mention this to Tiger, should I bump into him.

Also, now that I think about Dickie, doesn't Tiger have a penchant for a bow tie? Are you working something there as well?

Back
Top Bottom