General Rob Dickie transfer

The way the Premier League is right now - if there is genuine interest from multiple Premiership teams (Southampton, Burnley, Leeds unless they blow it again), then Rob Dickie won't just break our transfer record.....he could double it.

Money we need, if the recent accounts are to be believed.......

The way the Premier League is right now - if there is genuine interest from multiple Premiership teams (Southampton, Burnley, Leeds unless they blow it again), then Rob Dickie won't just break our transfer record.....he could double it.

Yes that’s what they said about Baptiste. Derby for a million then

Lets hope Zaki & the rest of the board learnt a lot in Jan window, about timing of when they cash in on players.... and also, if the accounts say more(and differently) to what various board members have been spounting since Jan, when they decide to cash in, from now on the board with negotiate hard and get a genuinely 'silly money' (as KR says) amount for OUR assets

I dont think £5-6 m plus add ons is an unrealistic fee for Dickie, could, possibly, get a bigger fee than that too

People anointing Dickie as a premier league and England player already are jumping the gun somewhat methinks. Even if he does sign for a PL club it doesn’t necessarily mean that he’ll start - Ledson isn’t really a Championship player at the moment in that he never gets a game. Dickie is clearly a quality player but if we had say Mason Holgate playing for us I’m sure we’d all be going absolutely mental about him as well

I dont think £5-6 m plus add ons is an unrealistic fee for Dickie, could, possibly, get a bigger fee than that too
Or, the suitors can just hold fire and pick him up for nothing a year down the line.

The most profitable bit of Rob Dickie business we could hope for this summer (or before) would be to get his signature on a new contract.

If someone waves £1m in cash at us while tapping their watch as his final year winds down, do you think we could afford to tell them to stick it?

Or, the suitors can just hold fire and pick him up for nothing a year down the line.

The most profitable bit of Rob Dickie business we could hope for this summer (or before) would be to get his signature on a new contract.
If someone waves £1m in cash at us while tapping their watch as his final year winds down, do you think we could afford to tell them to stick it?

my view is for far far too long OUFC have been more or less giving players away for way, way under value... whoever negotiates contracts with players for OUFC, needs to be putting one-year extension option on every single contract, so OUFC stop getting arseraped financially

Other clubs in L1 (Peterborough for example) get realistic fees for players they develop then sell.... all the time OUFC operate the way they have been, the club, certainly without owing a stadium, will be racking up debt.... stop giving our players away cheaply I say

Buyers vs. Sellers market.

If noone's really interested in paying for Dickie over the summer, and there's only a Championship team in for him on a take-it-or-leave-it basis then yeah, that is likely the scenario we'll end up in.

We're speculating on what happens if multiple Premier League teams are in for Dickie. If the reports are true, and that is indeed the case, then we're in a prime position to get a big fee.

I don't know how many times I can come on here and say the same name, but I'll do it one more time - Matthew Clarke.
Central defender. 23 years old. One year left on his contract. Sold by Pompey to Brighton for 3.5m going up to 5m last summer.
That is the absolute minimum we should be accepting, at least through the first couple of months of the summer.

I don't know how many times I can come on here and say the same name, but I'll do it one more time - Matthew Clarke.
Central defender. 23 years old. One year left on his contract. Sold by Pompey to Brighton for 3.5m going up to 5m last summer.
That is the absolute minimum we should be accepting, at least through the first couple of months of the summer.
Yes, you keep saying it. And others keep pointing at the fact that we consistently keep underselling our players and don’t seem to be able, or willing to walk away from a deal. Portsmouth are absolutely loaded now - they splash the cash and have no problems. Then look at our situation and the latest set of accounts that just came out.

The players and their contract situations are very similar. Their selling clubs are vastly different. And that is what will dictate the deal.

Yes, you keep saying it. And others keep pointing at the fact that we consistently keep underselling our players and don’t seem to be able, or willing to walk away from a deal. Portsmouth are absolutely loaded now - they splash the cash and have no problems. Then look at our situation and the latest set of accounts that just came out.

The players and their contract situations are very similar. Their selling clubs are vastly different. And that is what will dictate the deal.
They own their stadium.

I've not read every post in detail but all these posts about Dickie being our best defender by far this season and Atkinson and Moore stepping up next season as our CB pairing. Has Mousinho been mentioned in any of this? Don't discount Mousinho being part of our defence next season. Personally I think he has been up there with Dickie this season. He has stepped up massively this season, don't forget he was essentially told he could become a coach when we signed Moore. He has kept him out for most of the season until his injury.

Yes. We didn't let Curtis Nelson go in his final year yet even with his injury we could have got a fee for him.

I've not read every post in detail but all these posts about Dickie being our best defender by far this season and Atkinson and Moore stepping up next season as our CB pairing. Has Mousinho been mentioned in any of this? Don't discount Mousinho being part of our defence next season. Personally I think he has been up there with Dickie this season. He has stepped up massively this season, don't forget he was essentially told he could become a coach when we signed Moore. He has kept him out for most of the season until his injury.
I would certainly assume (unless we recruit further in CB), that it would be Mous and Moore, with Atkinson being slowly blooded in.

So your argument is that the people who run our club are morons who aren't capable of properly valuing our players and/or negotiating a deal?

I mean that might be true. If they accept one million for Dickie in June or July, it definitely is true.

It's all very well saying "We're poor, we're desperate, we'll take any offer that comes along". But if Burnley, Southampton & Leeds are all interested in Dickie, and we don't use that level of interest to bump up the price to Matthew Clarke levels, then Tiger & co. may as well organise a big party at the Kasstad and set fire to millions of pounds. It would be just as economically wasteful.

If August comes round, and that level of interest in Dickie isn't there......then we might be justified in selling at a cheaper price.
But I doubt it - there's not many defenders of his age and quality that are going to be on the market this summer.

If Burnley, Southampton and Leeds are genuinely interested they would be prepared to pay well more than £1m if necessary (less than an annual salary for some players)

Back
Top Bottom