Rob Dickie

If the reading academy coach had seen him yesterday he would want him back, mom yesterday and with Kane next to him it gives me confidence we can get ourselves out of the s**t put we are in.

My mom also. When he adds a couple of pounds will be a good addition with next season in mind.

The lad is growing in confidence and the back line is forming a better understanding, only 1 cracking goal against us in the last 3 games.
Robbo has brought a bit solidity to the defense even though it does look a bit sketchy at times.

The lad is growing in confidence and the back line is forming a better understanding, only 1 cracking goal against us in the last 3 games.
Robbo has brought a bit solidity to the defense even though it does look a bit sketchy at times.

He was fantastic yesterday. Won everything, coped with Cox well. Also gives a threat from corners...we seem to at least now a plan from set pieces with dickie at the back post and quality balls in from Brannagan and Mowatt.

I look forward to him playing alongside Nelson. Both composed, dominating CB that can play out from the back

Turning into a proper centre back, won every header yesterday. I have said similar on another thread but youth coaches in this country can’t produce proper centre backs of the type you need in the football league, you have to pick a raw big lad like we have with Dunkley and now Dickie and let them grow into it. Our scouting for centre half should be to look for players with the physical presence and bravery to play there rather than listening to the cone men who have never played at the back and don’t understand the position. A good example is how Brentford didn’t rate Alfie Mawson (who we lost out to Barnsley two years ago) because he wasn’t a sideways passing midget and now he is a premier league defender worth multi millions.

In a football team not everyone needs to be pretty to watch, in the football league you will achieve nothing without a big, strong centre back who can win headers, Neil Warnoock said as much in an interview the others day, and Colin w****r knows more about the football league than some puffed up academy cone man at Reading could ever dream to know.

Turning into a proper centre back, won every header yesterday. I have said similar on another thread but youth coaches in this country can’t produce proper centre backs of the type you need in the football league, you have to pick a raw big lad like we have with Dunkley and now Dickie and let them grow into it. Our scouting for centre half should be to look for players with the physical presence and bravery to play there rather than listening to the cone men who have never played at the back and don’t understand the position. A good example is how Brentford didn’t rate Alfie Mawson (who we lost out to Barnsley two years ago) because he wasn’t a sideways passing midget and now he is a premier league defender worth multi millions.

In a football team not everyone needs to be pretty to watch, in the football league you will achieve nothing without a big, strong centre back who can win headers, Neil Warnoock said as much in an interview the others day, and Colin w****r knows more about the football league than some puffed up academy cone man at Reading could ever dream to know.
Maybe Kelleher also fits this description? I hope KR gives him a chance to show what he can do in preseason. Then there’s also Berry-Hargreaves and another young lad who I’ve seen play in the U18s who have plenty of potential

Forget others. It will be Nelson and Dickie! They will be the best defensive partnership since Elliot and Gilchrist. Big statement, but your see...

Back
Top Bottom