Home Match Build Up 8/10/22 L1 : OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-0 Oxford. Elliott Moore, Matty Taylor, Cam Brannagan - which will see him hanging off the crossbar while Matty does a handstand in the background!

3-0 Oxford. Elliott Moore, Matty Taylor, Cam Brannagan - which will see him hanging off the crossbar while Matty does a handstand in the background!
Well, with a full squad to pick from as you said, feeling really positive after recent performances.
Head says 0-2
Heart says 0-2

When did I say there would be a full squad to pick from?

We kept Matty Taylor on against Orient in order to get that all important confidence boosting goal, and then lost him to injury for a month.

Tonight we make a few changes late on and lose the game, but have everyone available for Saturday which is hugely more important.

I wonder if their band of fuckwits will be marching through littlemore again giving it large about winning 2-1 on our big day out btw the day out never happened it was behind closed doors clueless wankers

I guess this [marching fuckwits] is one of those things you have to have seen to believe.

We need a 3-0 win but we would all take a a 1-0 scrappy win.Karl needs a decent performance from the team to try and get people back on board .Let's be honest the board are now properly here they won't take much more of poor results so this game as come at the right time one way or another.No more excuses just a good win .COYY

While I expect us to labour against a Whycome side equally as disappointingly dour, I don’t expect the game to be a festival of high octane thrills and spills - more a war of effort over limited quality.
At some point, Karl and co have to take ownership of our malaise, until then,
We’ll continue pinning hope to our flagging fortunes on players yet to return. If they fail to bring the expected upturn… prepare to load the crap cannon!
1-0 to us.

While I expect us to labour against a Whycome side equally as disappointingly dour, I don’t expect the game to be a festival of high octane thrills and spills - more a war of effort over limited quality.
At some point, Karl and co have to take ownership of our malaise, until then,
We’ll continue pinning hope to our flagging fortunes on players yet to return. If they fail to bring the expected upturn… prepare to load the crap cannon!
1-0 to us.
If Wycombe are so poor that they can't score against our fragile defense, they should be docked 3 points.

You didn`t go for the "executive styli new build" did you?

Long snagging reports, ongoing problems, unresponsive builders................
More a case of us being very demanding. The house design and structural build is fine, location and land attached to the house very good. The problems lay with the sub-contractors who, for some parts were underpaid and did a poor or insufficient job e.g. painters. Others were not experienced enough in what they were asked to install - we have an air source heat pump system which has been poorly installed. We are expecting a corrective fit very soon. We're getting there but, it is a perfect example of why any new build buyer should get a snagging surveyor in to report. (we've commissioned two, first one as we moved in and a second two years later) The builders have been responsive and, on the whole, have not quibbled. As the insulation contractor explained, he has been given carte blanche to satisfy us - even to the extent of having new carpet throughout and additional painting at no cost to ourselves. (this is to areas unaffected by his remedial work, he just thought we might like new carpet!)

That’s made me feel a tiny bit better
Haha, we'll see. I even forgot to mention that David Wheeler and Sully Kaikai are both injured too, so we have no attacking substitutes other than development squad players. That should make you feel ever better. I've never known anything like it in more than ten years following the club

Haha, we'll see. I even forgot to mention that David Wheeler and Sully Kaikai are both injured too, so we have no attacking substitutes other than development squad players. That should make you feel ever better. I've never known anything like it in more than ten years following the club

Not just us then! 0-0 all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom