Home Match Build Up 8/10/22 L1 : OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, this is a depressing place right now!

I used to think that there may be something cathartic in people offloading on here, but the fact that some have been saying the same thing, several times a day, on multiple threads since the summer suggests that it's not the psychological release that I thought it was.

I would say that I hope to God that we win to cheer some up, but some are so adamant thar Robinson needs to go that a win will only upset them more!

I know that the usuals will come back with "are you happy with everything right now?!" and all the other hilarious comments about tea ladies etc. I really don't care!

I'm just looking forward to going to support my team in a game that I'm convinced we will win. The rest is frankly boring.
Oh come Scotch you old Egg cheer up, this depressing feeling will lift when the new manager is in place. Think about it new ideas, a complete new bench as short and brown go with him, a manager who actually says what he does, rather than make it up and talk complete nonsense.

What has also been noticeable is the reduction in posts from the more reasonable posters. Again, this will make it look like the majority of the forum want Robinson gone.

The 'not enough people agree with me, it's because they're being silenced or too scared to come forward' line is a tired trope.

I'd wager this place, and the comments, are fairly reflective. To that end, the vast majority were prepared to give KR the summer and the start of the season - both have been a disaster. So now many of those people are turning. It's not supporters going shy, it's supporters changing their stance or simply reaching the point that they earmarked as enough - based on what they have seen and heard.

The situation has developed, the general consensus has developed. I suspect we're not quite at a majority wanting KR out now, but I reckon we're definitely at the point where the majority are only a matter of a few (bad) results away.

To suggest otherwise is to stick your head in the sand.

It does seem that some posters actually want us to lose tomorrow and the same few won’t enjoy us winning any games as it means Robinson keeps his job.

As I said in another post, it seems like there is a majority who want the manager gone when in truth it is the same ones that just keep posting over and over again.

What has also been noticeable is the reduction in posts from the more reasonable posters. Again, this will make it look like the majority of the forum want Robinson gone.
So true. But they have poisoned the atmosphere here and around the club so much that I want nothing to do with them and have stayed away.

I’m sure those spreading the virus are Oxford fans, in a “I-pay-my-money-so-I-can-say-what-I-want” way, but they hurt everyone and everything.

I hope we win tomorrow and kick start to a successful season.

There are so many good people in the stands, on the touchline and on the pitch, including KR. They all deserve better than the sh*t written here.

Blaming the fans for the poor performances and badly assembled squad, is it?

Jolly good show.

How many "B"s in ROBBO OUT?
What colour are we going for. Black is to the point, but I feel a nice dark blue would also work. Yellow not visible enough, sadly.
There's meant to be a yellow and blue one ready to go, but they got confiscated last time by stewards.
That puts you out of the running then!
This coming from Bard of Carterton. Is that the best the Clappers can do....:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It does seem that some posters actually want us to lose tomorrow and the same few won’t enjoy us winning any games as it means Robinson keeps his job.

As I said in another post, it seems like there is a majority who want the manager gone when in truth it is the same ones that just keep posting over and over again.

You talk of people repeating the same theme, my god, you keep pushing this theme of people wanting robinson gone, posters want us to lose, so depressing.
Who knows we might win tomorrow and that really would mess up the agenda to your conspiracy theory.
Lighten up man.

We all have the 'We haven't achieved promotion under Robinson' script, which contains a lot of scenes where Robinson gets every transfer window wrong and constantly blames the players whilst saying he won't blame them.

Do you have the 'Won at Wembley in 2020' script by any chance? If so, I can see why your opinion is different.
This is where the former became a best seller due to the number of purchases as opposed to the latter that became so misrepresentative of the subject, over used and so untypical of the subjects behaviour it got taken out of print

This coming from Brains of Carterton. Is that the best the Clappers can do..
We have advanced from checking post history to checking locations.
Shame you didn't check my post history, you would know I'm definitely not a 'clapper' if you had.

So true. But they have poisoned the atmosphere here and around the club so much that I want nothing to do with them and have stayed away.

I’m sure those spreading the virus are Oxford fans, in a “I-pay-my-money-so-I-can-say-what-I-want” way, but they hurt everyone and everything.

I hope we win tomorrow and kick start to a successful season.

There are so many good people in the stands, on the touchline and on the pitch, including KR. They all deserve better than the sh*t written here.

No words.. 🤣

Here we go again, Ainsworth taking a leaf out of Robbos book, injuries, injuries and injuries ! What is upper most in my mind we haven't played our best Eleven through injury, how long will it take to gel the full squad together playing. I'm afraid another year in this hell hole of a division and then the real kick in the groin , all of our older generation of players will be another year older ,a few yards slower and dare I say it, more injury prone ,only one is worse , ground sharing at the skip whilst our new Stadium is being built ! Gotta laugh or u will cry lol
A bit like us then, struggling due to injuries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom