Home Match Build Up 8/10/22 L1 : OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Back to League action on saturday after last nights capitulation - that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, against a bunch of kids

Heres hoping that game time in the legs of those returning from injury pays off against Ainsworths thuggish purveyors of anti- football

personally I think, (ok hope) , we'll nick a win by a 1 goal margin

I can't wait for this game win this one and are season finally starts 🤣 if we lose with a bit of luck that will be the final nail in the coffin for KR .. you just know it's going to be a painful boring game they always are against WWFc and this season are own games haven't been great on the eye

3-2

A bore draw, lots of controversy, time wasting, dodgy tackling and an increasingly frustrated KR mouthing off at the officials. Add to that a restless and unhappy home crowd and the potential for the odd director in the box to look displeased.

Then it's off home for home made pizza and large quantities of wine to celebrate brothers birthday. (He's a Chelsea fan so he's off playing golf all day - there is some logic in there, somewhere!)

A good friend of mine is a WW fan and says the season has been very poor so far and they deserve to be where they are. Poor recruitment, injuries, players out of position - some fans also on Ainsworth's case as he has complete control (and also partly the reason he has so far turned down overtures from other clubs) - all sounds very familiar.

They are not too confident about Saturday but do doubt we will see the usual antics.

Are managers all just reading from the same script?
Well all managers can only be appointed if they have the required coaching badges, so they all have trained to coach to the parameters needed to get the qualification.

Perhaps "Keeping the board onside" is an optional one day add-on from the FA....

Well all managers can only be appointed if they have the required coaching badges, so they all have trained to coach to the parameters needed to get the qualification.

Perhaps "Keeping the board onside" is an optional one day add-on from the FA....

“And remember guys, you should always say you’re not going the blame your players as you thrown them under the bus during interviews.”

Are supporters too?
No most supporters are sheep they follow the scent of the atmosphere eg if a group don't like the manager or a certain player you can guarantee another bunch will join in not liking said manager or player

I find myself almost hoping for Thames Water to engineer another burst water main to give me an excuse not to go on Saturday. WW and our dire performances not finding any inspiration at all I'm affraid.

A bore draw, lots of controversy, time wasting, dodgy tackling and an increasingly frustrated KR mouthing off at the officials. Add to that a restless and unhappy home crowd and the potential for the odd director in the box to look displeased.

Then it's off home for home made pizza and large quantities of wine to celebrate brothers birthday. (He's a Chelsea fan so he's off playing golf all day - there is some logic in there, somewhere!)
This.
Apart from the pizza.

Are supporters too?
We all have the 'We haven't achieved promotion under Robinson' script, which contains a lot of scenes where Robinson gets every transfer window wrong and constantly blames the players whilst saying he won't blame them.

Do you have the 'Won at Wembley in 2020' script by any chance? If so, I can see why your opinion is different.

We all have the 'We haven't achieved promotion under Robinson' script, which contains a lot of scenes where Robinson gets every transfer window wrong and constantly blames the players whilst saying he won't blame them.

Do you have the 'Won at Wembley in 2020' script by any chance? If so, I can see why your opinion is different.

Sorry, my opinion is different from whose?

I was making reference to the fact that Wycombe supporters are saying exactly the same as we are.

I expect Charlton are too. And Manchester United. And. . .

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Henry McGuane Brannagan Browne
Joseph Taylor

I find myself almost hoping for Thames Water to engineer another burst water main to give me an excuse not to go on Saturday. WW and our dire performances not finding any inspiration at all I'm affraid.

I know where you're coming from. I'm a season ticket holder and I'm finding it hard to be enthusiastic about our games at the moment. Every home game this season has been dire even the two games against Cambridge and Burton that we won were snoozefests.

I reckon it's going to be a 0-0 with both sets of fans booing of their team.

I know where you're coming from. I'm a season ticket holder and I'm finding it hard to be enthusiastic about our games at the moment. Every home game this season has been dire even the two games against Cambridge and Burton that we won were snoozefests.

I reckon it's going to be a 0-0 with both sets of fans booing of their team.
Given our recent record against Wycombe I’d probably take that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom