Home Match Day Thread 29/12/2021 L1: OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally even with excellent performances you can point out one or two players that were below standard, but every single man in that first 11 gave an easy 8+/10 performance except maybe Easty because he had barely anything to do. When we play on song we are just a little bit special, and well beyond the standard required to win this league. A couple additions to allow us to perform like that more consistently and this could be a wonderful season.

And Herbie Kane stays! Happy New Year everyone!

Apparently, Kane is staying till end of season

Oxford County council parking wardens wish all football supporters a very happy new year....by slapping a WEDNESDAY night parking ticket on every car (it seemed) parked on Knights road ....did they do similar elsewhere in the area too?

I love a 3-0 home win.

Didn’t we have 4 of them in row a season or two back.

Tranmere,Doncaster, Gillingham. Can’t remember the other…

I think Williams has had a very good half too - whilst he's maybe not as talented as Holland he's been a constant threat and I can see him making that place his own. It's great having the competition for places.

So this is the old defense-minded pragmatist in me.......

.....but what I really like about Williams, compared with Holland, is that he's extremely experienced and defensively responsible. Hell, we know he can play left back if he needs to.

Steve Seddon is at his best when he joins the attack, and plays way forward as often as possible. When Williams is playing, he is much freer to do that without us having to sacrifice defensive solidity because we know that Williams will be able to fill in as needed.

Course it doesn't hurt that Williams is also very good going forwards - not quite as quick and/or tricky as Holland, but arguably a better end product.

Think the XI we saw tonight should be our starting XI going forwards for as long as we can keep rolling it out.......

I love a 3-0 home win.

Didn’t we have 4 of them in row a season or two back.

Tranmere,Doncaster, Gillingham. Can’t remember the other…

Rochdale was the other. Good knowledge of the 2019-20 season!

Great win tonight and superb news regarding Herbie Kane. That’s one bit of January business sorted.

Let’s clear out the hangers on and bring in some replacements and kick on for the second half.

First half we absolutely toyed with them, second half we came out a bit slow then got back to it, any time the momentum seemed to swing we’d pen them in trying to play it out and get possession in their half. Can’t believe how determined they were to play that way

Kane and Brannagan are a ridiculous pair to have at this level they really are

Have to say though the atmosphere was depressing once again though

First half we absolutely toyed with them, second half we came out a bit slow then got back to it, any time the momentum seemed to swing we’d pen them in trying to play it out and get possession in their half. Can’t believe how determined they were to play that way

No one knew how reliant we were on the Ultras until they were harrassed out of the club. No ultras no atmosphere.

Even in no atmosphere it's still enjoyable to see the boys rampant like we were tonight though.-

Really? Thought it was pretty decent.

I didn’t notice the atmosphere, I was absorbed in the game and talking to my friends. What a first half! It’s a shame we eased off a bit second half but I suspect we’d been told to keep a clean sheet, fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom