Away Match Day Thread 11/12/2021 L1: MK Dons v OUFC

As I thought at the time, what with 'level' being onside, that unfortunately is a poor call. Any doubt at all....lino has to go with the attacker (although invariably they do not).
I would say it is very difficult if not impossible to see from that angle. His knee may just be in front of the defender or not. Very tight, can't really blame the linesman for this one, given it is freeze framed. In real time and speed Taylor may have looked more ahead .

I would say it is very difficult if not impossible to see from that angle. His knee may just be in front of the defender or not. Very tight, can't really blame the linesman for this one, given it is freeze framed. In real time and speed Taylor may have looked more ahead .
the important thing is we got the three point without that decision. Great stuff - the kind of result which grows belief and confidence.

The other defender's boot (orange from memory) looks to be playing him on.

In reality I have no idea if the rule says 'any body part' or 'trunk' but in either case, the lino's had a guess. Understandable, but wrong.

FGVtSL0WYAAdrbY

The reported gate was 9,914

Why do they lie about there crowds? They have a couple of thousand tops in and more than double it, been doing it for years and it’s not caused anymore fans to turn up.
What is the actual capacity of stadium MK it reminds me of the Darlington arena many years ago a nice stadium but far to big for the club they’ve got no fans really where as if a team like us or Luton or Lincoln perhaps that stadium would be a lot fuller

Yeah think Taylor was a fraction off and to be fair to the lino she got it right.

Considering the game was in roundabout capital of the UK was definitely a game of turnarounds.

- Oxford terrible first half, banging second.
- Fans quiet first (mainly due to above) partying second.
- Eastwood poor for the first goal, pulls a worldie at the death.
- Sykes has a mare when presented with a clear goalscoring opportunity, buries one a couple of minutes later.

Great three points and seems like it's rarely boring watching us.

FGVtSL0WYAAdrbY

The reported gate was 9,914
They give their season tickets away & people still can’t be arsed to go. My son lives in MK and told me that local footie clubs all get access to free season tickets as do schools etc. Be interesting to know how many season ticket holders they have that actually pay!

So much more enjoyable when you can sit where you want without being hassled, the stewards said that was only because it was raining and the front several rows were soaking.

Why do they lie about there crowds? They have a couple of thousand tops in and more than double it, been doing it for years and it’s not caused anymore fans to turn up.
It's all about FFP, Winkelman can pump extra cash into the club by buying tickets himself and donating them to local schools etc.

What is the actual capacity of stadium MK it reminds me of the Darlington arena many years ago a nice stadium but far to big for the club they’ve got no fans really where as if a team like us or Luton or Lincoln perhaps that stadium would be a lot fuller

In defence of MK Dons and their ludicrous ‘attendance’ figures - they are a club who (perhaps through necessity) aggressively market themselves to families.

They have the space to fill and would rather have some young families/bums in seats - so at the start of every season the local media is bombarded with all kinds of promotional/season ticket offers.

It makes it a lot more economical for families to buy an ST - and then pick/choose games (whilst obviously being included in attendance figures every week).

I imagine that, if you’re from MK but you don’t support Dons - a cold, rainy Saturday a couple of weeks before Christmas against Oxford (objectively not the biggest ‘name’ in the division) yesterday may not be a game you’d be desperate to attend.

(Opens up all kinds of debate about the merits - or lack thereof - of MKD’s existence when a huge chunk of your fan base would view a relatively ‘local’ clash against rivals in the playoff place race views the game as skippable. But - speaking as someone who lived in Milton Keynes for a long time - they are a club who are extremely good at marketing to families/young kids, and/or working around the fact that a huge chunk of their prospective supporter base doesn’t actually ‘support’ MKD in any way)

Back
Top Bottom