Home Match Build Up 18/12/2021 L1: OUFC v Wigan Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a tad surprising..................

Vaccine data collected by the EFL in November showed 75% of players were either fully vaccinated, had had a single jab or intended to be vaccinated.

Double-vaccinated players totalled 59%, with 10% having had a single dose at the time, while 6% were set to get a first jab.

However, 25% of players said they "currently do not intend to get a vaccine".

:oops:
I am not surprised by this at all, I think it's been obvious for a while. I haven't seen many footballers campaigning for jabs

Mother in Law passed away. Not Covid related.
Had a week in Bridport supporting MrsEY(Mk2) and the family.
I now fully support assisted dying.
After knowing exactly what she wanted, just going to sleep, and seeing how things went across a 48 hour period there is no question in my mind that assisted dying has a place in a civilised society. It`s also easy to see why things like syringe drivers for morphine etc are supplied in locked boxes!
At least we were able to get her home and she is now at peace and pain free.
Kudos to the palliative care teams, the district nurses and hospice at home folk who were all absolute stars.
That's very sad to here, big hug for you and your family.
Assisted dying is something I've supported for years after my mum died the way she did xx

Sounds about right. Aren't only about 75% of wider UK society jabbed?

You'd probably expect younger, healthier, fitter people to be slightly slower on uptake overall.
I believe that over 89%of over 12"s have received their first jab.
Based on that footballers seem to be more vaccine averse than the average.

Vaccine data collected by the EFL in November showed 75% of players were either fully vaccinated, had had a single jab or intended to be vaccinated.

Double-vaccinated players totalled 59%, with 10% having had a single dose at the time, while 6% were set to get a first jab.

I've found mask wearing to be pretty good and almost universal in big shops. The main offenders seem to be cocky looking young men - obviously think they're too tough to get it, and aren't that bothered about other people.

I've found mask wearing to be pretty good and almost universal in big shops. The main offenders seem to be cocky looking young men - obviously think they're too tough to get it, and aren't that bothered about other people.
You have to hope they realise that many of the people now turning up in hospital fairly ill seem to describe the same demographic!

That's good, let's go into it with an underdog mentality

To be honest, I'm not surprised. Many are young are think they are "too fit" to catch covid. Maybe some players see it as a sign of "weakness" getting a vaccine? I certainly hope none of those type of people are at OUFC...

Actually I’ve found most non-mask wearers in shops to be miserable looking women aged between 40-70 with sunflower lanyards around their necks…

I believe that over 89%of over 12"s have received their first jab.
Based on that footballers seem to be more vaccine averse than the average.

I heard that figure but an admittedly very quick search suggested it was lower. Happy to be corrected.

I think the point still stands though. It's not surprising that vaccination rates are lower amongst the younger and more healthy. (If indeed they generally are)

First jab 89.3%
Second jab 81.5%
Booster jab 44.3%

That’s of yesterday and for over 12s.

Still going on about the rubbish about us having loads of injuries and using Covid as an excuse I see then. They do realise they are Wigan and not Man City don't they?

Although they were spot on with this...
Trevor Kettle, I’ll leave the puns alone, made so many poor decisions on Saturday it’s a wonder he’s allowed to referee at this level at all.

First jab 89.3%
Second jab 81.5%
Booster jab 44.3%

That’s of yesterday and for over 12s.

Thanks.

So footballers are down by about 15%. Would be interesting to know if it's specific to that profession, widespread in athletes, or more related to age.

(Not that I'm suggesting you look that up for me as well)

Big round of testing today.

If you're considering going to this game then go. With Covid and the potential for a beast from the east Christmas week this could be the last game for a couple of weeks.
Pompey's game tomorrow has been postponed due to covid. We play them in 10 days.

Thanks.

So footballers are down by about 15%. Would be interesting to know if it's specific to that profession, widespread in athletes, or more related to age.

(Not that I'm suggesting you look that up for me as well)

Oxford with a younger population has a far lower take up than my new home of Hart district in North East Hampshire, so I reckon footballers will be about average for the age range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom