Home Match Day Thread 18/12/2021 L1: OUFC v Wigan Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the optimism Malc, I will go 3-1. Would like CB and Kane to start with MM and bring on Henry as a sub in the second half if needed.

Two very good sides, pitching probably the two best midfields in the league together. Wigan have scored in every game and the have a decent defence, but we're playing at a standard where we seem to be able to find just enough when needed.

All results are possible, and it could all depend on wheher either team have key players out. We know that we have one positive case, and hopefully no close contacts. I'd be surprised if Wigan didn't also have players that wouldn't be risked, and team selection from both sides may need a little luck.

With a good crowd behind us and teh spirirt that the club are showing right now, I think this could be a battling one-nil win. Taylor scoring and defendingf rom the front as we hold on for a massive 3 points.

No clue how this one will finish up.

Are we capable of winning? Absolutely.
Will we? Depends on our mentality.

We need a lot of noise from the yellow army today. We were brilliant at MK, more of the same please.

Think itll be a close game, home win 2-1.....though a 3-1or 4-1 home win will do

So, what time do we fancy calling this one off because we’re scared of Wigan? Because that’s ‘100%’ what happened last time according to the pie eating conspiracy theorists from oop north.

KR said we have 1 covid case in squad. Any ideas who that is?

With a positive case and those with close contact I think there will be 3 or 4 missing from what would have been our first 11, including some key players.

But we've been here before and we have to take the same mentality into this one that we saw against Fleetwood and Sunderland. Several players will need big games and no one can afford to go missing. We will also be limited with the chances we get so I hope that everyone has their shooting boots on to make our chances count.

Free adult ticket in the East Stand, block 17 toward the back going for today. Can’t make it due to my baby son being a bit puke-y. PM if interested and I can send you the email with the e-ticket attached.

Think this'll be a high scoring draw, I'm going for 2-2. I'd be happy with a point today but it would be a huge show of intent if we were to beat them.

Looking forward to it, should be a good atmosphere.

2-0 win , we move into 3rd then the season gets suspended until mid January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom