Home Match Day Thread 29/12/2021 L1: OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.
With possible postponements in our next couple of games after this one, it is important that we don't take our eye off the ball and not get the full three points for this one, just to keep the total ticking over.

I fear a scrappy 2-1, perhaps even 1-1...

2-0 Taylor x2 I'm expecting nyd against Cheltenham to be p-p so let's just get the 3 points to finish the year off nicely all these P-P games are starting to do my head in I was looking forward to Pompey that got cancelled I was looking forward to Cheltenham looking very likely to get cancelled 😡

It's going to be a busy new year with all these cancellations, could it be a blessing in disguise that we got knocked out of the cups so early?
This is a must win game, we need all three points today.

Wouldn't say its a must win but a win would be great after losing last time out. Play like we did going forward against Wigan and we'll be fine, defend like we did against Wigan and we won't!

They'll be difficult to break down but I'm going fir a 1 goal victory, probably 2-1 as we always concede.

To maintain the gap to 7,8 & 9th -3 points are vital.
Here’s hoping .

Current sales are a disappointing 6,200, pretty much in line with the Crewe game, and very much bearing out the ridiculous EFL decision to play tonight rather than yesterday. I feel it has also been affected by doubt about the game going ahead. For this reason I expect higher than usual on the day sales, so we may reach 7,000 home fans. Wimbledon took 750 to Wycombe and 950 to Cambridge, so I'd hope for similar to us.

I'm predicting between 7,500 and 7,750 in total tonight at best. Would have been 9,000+ if played yesterday!

Anyone know If the club shop will be open before kick off? I will be buying my tickets later so add 2 on to the predicted attendance. 🙂

I hope we put in a better performance - especially from KR - than the away game. We ballsed that game up big time and he can make some amends here.

I hope we put in a better performance - especially from KR - than the away game. We ballsed that game up big time and he can make some amends here.
Yep, we were very poor and it was one of those days when we got bullied at the back, with every cross or corner looking like a potential goal. Also notable that AFC play a lot more football and less of the hoof ball since Robinson took over.

This league is still wide open and we are looking strong.
The ‘should win’ games are the ones that we must win if we are to challenge this season.
With the right additions, you wouldn’t rule out Automatics as it stands.
A win tonight would be another solid step forward.

Must win in a different sense tonight in that we have no reason not to take three points. Any further news on Cheltenham?

Must win in a different sense tonight in that we have no reason not to take three points. Any further news on Cheltenham?
You'd hope that both clubs would let fans know asap regards to Cheltenham abit like Pompey give us some heads up

That is only needed when the crowd is over 10,000 which has to be the daftest Covid regulation ever. As if somehow we will be safer with 6,000 in the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom