Home Match Build Up 29/12/2021 L1: OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Wimbledon's letter I fully expect them to show up regardless on Wednesday. Their letter could come back to haunt them over the next few weeks but you have to admire their resilient intent.
Exactly what I thought - an admirable declaration when clubs are seemingly cancelling games at the first opportunity - but they have painted themselves into a corner if circumstances conspire and they have no choice but to cancel (with their self acknowledged small squad).

Where is the data showing being vaccinated reduces the risk of catching/carrying/spreading this virus? I understand the vaccine is being affective at helping people only having mild symptoms and not needing to go to icu. But if over 80% of adults are double vaccinated how come we have over 100k daily testing positive. General question not trying to be funny by the way.

There are quite a few articles on this

Did I read somewhere that tickets for this and the Cheltenham game could be bought for £15 if a season ticket holder invites a non member?

I just logged into my account to do the above but it said £24 (South Stand Lower).

Did I read somewhere that tickets for this and the Cheltenham game could be bought for £15 if a season ticket holder invites a non member?

I just logged into my account to do the above but it said £24 (South Stand Lower).
They can, and I have invited a mate who is going to both games.

Why have games been scheduled for tomorrow night rather than today?
Some people are back at work tomorrow.
This afternoon would have been perfect for footie.
I can only imagine it’s to space the (planned) games out a bit more, Sun - Wed - Sat is a bit more balanced than Sun - Tue - Sat. But agree today would’ve been a lot better than Wednesday night.

In past years we have been able to move the game to a better time, really the clubs should have tried to get it at 3pm today not tomorrow evening!

I`m surmising they test today and see what happens?
If enough players are clear then crack on.

Should have played it today at 3pm IMHO but there we are.

I'm waiting till tomorrow before I commit to buying a ticket, I was at a relatives house on Xmas day who later tested positive on boxing day, as of yet I haven't shown any symptoms or had a lateral flow come back positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom