Away Match Day Thread 11/12/2021 L1: MK Dons v OUFC

Malc

Staff member
Let's have a first and second half as the 1st half at Donny. Do that and we will win 2-0.

This game will show if we're serious contenders for the autos. A win would stake our claim ahead of the Wigan clash. Big week ahead.

Never get predictions right but I Spose there has to be a 1st time. This is going to be a very tough game. If we play to our best we win, simples. If we don’t we will struggle. We never seem to keep clean sheets against the better teams, so can we score 2? Hell we can 2:1 to the mighty yellows. 50/50 split of the crowd that is actually there.

1-2 Taylor and Whyte with our goals 3000 in the away corners making lots of noise as usual if we win this and get something from next Saturday that will set us up nicely going in to the Christmas period

Another game against a good team
If Branagan doesn’t play we may struggle
Hoping for a win but going for 1-1

With Bran missing am concerned.
Skyes must start in the middle and Henry on the bench

Performance of the season , 2-0 win , bring on Wigan , 2435 yellows in attendance

A huge opportunity to consolidate a play off position going into the Christmas fixture list.

A win would be fantastic, but a draw would not be a bad result by any stretch.

If we can create some good periods of dominance, we really need to make it count, otherwise I fear we will slip up.

My gut feeling is a draw.

COYY’s

When I collected my tickets yesterday 10.30 they had sold 1800

Would take boring-boring Oxford again today.

Will be interesting to see the midfield put out today. The one we had in the second half in the week will not cut the mustard against a physical team. If CamBran is not available (and I wouldn't risk it with a big Christmas season ahead) then I'd have Hanson in there...bit of extra steel in there at the back.

I'd take a point...three would be fantastic!

We’ve had a day’s more rest than them and there are plenty of non-covid players available so I don’t think this ‘Oh they’re tired’ excuse will cut it if we fall off again in the second half.

Overall though recent results have been good, and the win against Doncaster means that a draw would be a very good day

2-1 Oxford
2434 Yellows

Not too late to buy a ticket if you fancy joining us…imagine if there was 3,000 if us there 🥳
OUFC requested 2000 tickets, initial allocation just 700. Let's rub their noses in it and turn up with 4 times that number! And, because we are Oxford United, we sit where we want! 😜😜

Another tricky game in this difficult period. I'd love to smash this non-entity of a franchise because of the way they were formed and the amount of MK fans you see around North Oxfordshire. Winds me up. If I were on the board I'd do a US style diplomatic boycott and refuse the usual boardroom hospitality and sit with the OUFC fans today.

That said, I'd be ok with a draw today as it's a tough game.

OUFC requested 2000 tickets, initial allocation just 700. Let's rub their noses in it and turn up with 4 times that number! And, because we are Oxford United, we sit where we want! 😜😜
Sadly itll be 1 less than it wouldve been ....I'll be 'watching' on radio Oxford ( though i will sit where i want!) .... its about time we took three points home from that soul less place ...1-3 away win Tayls, Whyte & Long

Is Brannagan definitely not available?

KR said he wasn't expecting Brannagan to be fit, and that at most it would be a one-game absence - but had not categorically ruled him out in the Oxford Mail midweek update. Conversely, Brannagan himself was positive that he'd be fit.

Back
Top Bottom