Home Match Day Thread +++ 15/12/2018 OUFC v Blackpool Matchday Thread +++

ANOTHER THREE POINTS. WHOOP WHOOP

Goodnight folks

??

Well done, Yellows. Safe journey home to all who travelled for both home and away fans. It’s rotten out there.

brilliant I think I might start to look up the table

Was thinking the same....although at this point, it's still wildly optimistic.

But keep up current form to the end of January, and we'll be comfortably mid-table and within striking distance of 6th.......

How was the 2nd half ?

Had to leave at half time as I have a P**s up in Putney to attend!

Football 0 Weather 1 today. I’m still thawing out..

Great shift put in by everyone today. When you’ve got wingers like Gav Whyte rolling their sleeves up and digging in for the cause you know there’s not much wrong with the squad.

A couple of little niggles though if I may.. Marcus Browne clearly has talent but again today he took the selfish option a couple of times when a final ball to a teammate would have been the better option. I know a lot of it is naivety, he’s far from the finished article, but I think he’s a young man in a hurry to get to the top. His comments this week about not knowing where he’ll be come January appear to back this up. I think he should just get his head down and concentrate on producing good solid performances for the Oxford cause until the summer. He doesn’t have to worry the rewards his talent deserves will come his way.

And I’ve got a lot of time for Mackie, he always puts in a good honest shift, and today was never going to be a day for him to shine, it was about doing the hard graft which he certainly did. But if we want to push on to the next level we need a bit more from the centre forward. Having said that, Gnanduillet looked a big waste of space in the second half for them - I heard a rumour that he was benched to start with because somebody is in for him in January (Us maybe..?!)

A good team performance. Worked hard, stayed committed took the chances we had and kept a good side out of the way. The conditions were atrocious and we did well to not get caught out by them. We look a had team to beat and I'm sure some clubs above us will be worried that it's all clicked and we are hard to beat. I've just about thawed out and for the weather, the crowd was decent.

Back
Top Bottom