Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/12/2018 Doncaster Rovers v OUFC Matchday Thread +++

Crap signal been down Bournemouth to look at the lights so a bit delayed but here goes.

b****r
YYYYYEEEEESSSSS
b****r
YYYYYEEEEESSSSS

Good old boy he’s one of our own he’s Josh Ruffles he’s one of our own.
Been in Bournemouth all day Bazz! Visiting mother. Lucky for us we still maintain a Wi-Fi connection in her flat!
Had to watch as she fried frozen chips in butter! Bless! She is 92. She asked later if we had a favourite team and looked quite perplexed as we celebrated the 2nd equaliser!

Been in Bournemouth all day Bazz! Visiting mother. Lucky for us we still maintain a Wi-Fi connection in her flat!
Had to watch as she fried frozen chips in butter! Bless! She is 92. She asked later if we had a favourite team and looked quite perplexed as we celebrated the 2nd equaliser!
Walking through the gardens with 100’s of people mulling round the Xmas lights and my 4g was crap it took ages for a page to come through, I couldn’t even find out who scored our first goal because all I read on here was “yyyeeesss and get in there “ but have to say the lights are damn good especially the Xmas light colour changing tree

Dull newish stadium with terrible acoustics. Pitch seemed to be miles from the stands. Shopping mall next to the ground was fairly ghost town like. Bit concerning considering we are 3 days from Christmas - maybe they were all at the football admiring the stylish men in blue and yellow.( why exactly did we play our change kit anyway?)

Anyway for most of the game Doncaster were holding on. We pretty much dominated throughout, but the lapses in concentration really cost us.

Smith ignored once again
- his time is up at OUFC. Stand out player by a mile was Whyte. Not only is he lightning fast but he works hard defensively.
On the other hand Browne flitted in and out and generally played like his agent had fixed his next loan out in January.

Ruffs’ equaliser was emotionally received by the die hards. We should have won though.

COYY

Crap signal been down Bournemouth to look at the lights so a bit delayed but here goes.

b****r
YYYYYEEEEESSSSS
b****r
YYYYYEEEEESSSSS

Good old boy he’s one of our own he’s Josh Ruffles he’s one of our own.

Sarge. His name is Ruffels. He’s one of our own, so spell the lad’s name right?

Reference to a Whyte Christmas got me thinking.

How many Oxford United festive connections could there possibly be ?

Could be players, coaches, Managers, broadcasters , journalists etc.etc.

Andy “ bing” Crosby, Andrew s-ELF...

Paul Tinselwood
Stuart ‘Midnight’ Massey
Mark Angel
Simon ‘Three’ King(s)
Phil Gilchristmas
Jon Shepheard
Richard ‘Silent’ Knight
Jon Treewick
Driving Ricky Holmes for Christmas

And Phil Whelan as the donkey with Pep Clotet as the turkey ...

Maybe there is a Christmas tale of Thohir getting visited by 3 ghosts of oxford United past, present and future telling him to start splashing that gold card.
Appletons henched ghost appearing at his bed at night telling him to get us a new striker for Christmas would do the job.

Good performance yesterday, thought Hanson had his best game for us and Whyte back to his best after a few games where he has been in Browne’s shadow. Henry continues his great form. All round good team performance. Here’s hoping that the January sales strengthen us ... pretty damning that Robinson feels he can’t use his bench as it’ll only weaken us. That said I thought Garbutt’s cameo was a good one. Mid table by 1700 on New Years Day? COYY.

Good performance yesterday, thought Hanson had his best game for us and Whyte back to his best after a few games where he has been in Browne’s shadow. Henry continues his great form. All round good team performance. Here’s hoping that the January sales strengthen us ... pretty damning that Robinson feels he can’t use his bench as it’ll only weaken us. That said I thought Garbutt’s cameo was a good one. Mid table by 1700 on New Years Day? COYY.

Yes bench situation worries me too. We have a fantastic first 11 now, but very little beyond that. There will need to be some rotation over busy games.

Back
Top Bottom