Home Match Day Thread +++ 26/12/2018 OUFC V Southend United Matchday Thread +++

The less said the better. They weren't much cop, we weren't either. A silly ball from Little opened us up but very little created by either team. I wonder if Yearwood has fallen over in the dressing room and got a foul? Considering the penalty last week, we had 2 stonewallers not given to us today. Thought the ref was fine in the first half and then got overly fussy and pissy as the game went on. Quite how Mackie got booked but he was prepared to be abused by their back 4....

The squad looked threadbare today. Brown was barely ok and we missed the balance he has with Whyte. At least the moaning day tripper behind me won't come back. In fact, I wonder why he came as all he did was moan.

Very poor performance it was only in the 2nd half when Whyte made some good runs but unfortunately no strikers to finish the job. Roll on January and I hope the check book is out

Rumours of players not paid for December circulating....unconfirmed but circulating nonetheless.... looked like the one defeat in 16 games squad had over indulged on food n drink yesterday judging by practically everyone having 'an off day '..... Southend masters of the dark arts, conned the inconsistent idiot supposed to be refereeing.....didn't see a lot wrong with the disallowed goal myself.... of course, bigger than usual crowd end up witnessing Oxford United providing the football equivalent of a wet fart, ....few occasional s came along were quite right to keep saying' I thought you said Oxford were playing decent football, this is uninspiring , dire & a total lack of ideas. Wont be hurrying back to watch that rubbish again any time soon ' ..... can't say I blame them either. Not much of a game of football as a spectacle, inconsistency from start to finish by all the officials, .....IF he actually HAS got money Tiger needs to spend a bit in the coming Jan window.....settled team looked jaded and uninterested most of the match, (that said if rumours are true, n players havent been paid that may explain todays poor showing) ,and are in need of freshening up, new players and new ideas & approaches I think

So many players off their game. Giving them yesterday off didn't do much good. Henry was awful, looked like he had too much pud yesterday. Hope Littles mistake doesn't affect him for long, he did fade out of the game after a promising start. 0-0 would have been a fair result.

So many players off their game. Giving them yesterday off didn't do much good. Henry was awful, looked like he had too much pud yesterday. Hope Littles mistake doesn't affect him for long, he did fade out of the game after a promising start. 0-0 would have been a fair result.
That was Little first league start for Pxford he nearly set up an equaliser, I would feel comfortable if he was tomstart or come on as a sub.

Rumours of players not paid for December circulating....unconfirmed but circulating nonetheless.... looked like the one defeat in 16 games squad had over indulged on food n drink yesterday judging by practically everyone having 'an off day '..... Southend masters of the dark arts, conned the inconsistent idiot supposed to be refereeing.....didn't see a lot wrong with the disallowed goal myself.... of course, bigger than usual crowd end up witnessing Oxford United providing the football equivalent of a wet fart, ....few occasional s came along were quite right to keep saying' I thought you said Oxford were playing decent football, this is uninspiring , dire & a total lack of ideas. Wont be hurrying back to watch that rubbish again any time soon ' ..... can't say I blame them either. Not much of a game of football as a spectacle, inconsistency from start to finish by all the officials, .....IF he actually HAS got money Tiger needs to spend a bit in the coming Jan window.....settled team looked jaded and uninterested most of the match, (that said if rumours are true, n players havent been paid that may explain todays poor showing) ,and are in need of freshening up, new players and new ideas & approaches I think

Not sure what date they get paid each month but as December isn’t over yet it’s probably a silly rumour.

Not everyone gets paid early for Christmas.

The less said the better. They weren't much cop, we weren't either. A silly ball from Little opened us up but very little created by either team. I wonder if Yearwood has fallen over in the dressing room and got a foul? Considering the penalty last week, we had 2 stonewallers not given to us today. Thought the ref was fine in the first half and then got overly fussy and pissy as the game went on. Quite how Mackie got booked but he was prepared to be abused by their back 4....

The squad looked threadbare today. Brown was barely ok and we missed the balance he has with Whyte. At least the moaning day tripper behind me won't come back. In fact, I wonder why he came as all he did was moan.

Plenty to moan about to be fair.

Very lackluster.
It’s been a while and have recently got used to it being not like that.
With no fire power on the bench,will
probably be the same starting eleven on Saturday-unless Hanson drops out .

Could not score in a brothel, but Saturday will be better, confident we will stuff Irene.

Very disappointing today but hopefully come Saturday we can get back to winning ways.

COYY

Not sure what date they get paid each month but as December isn’t over yet it’s probably a silly rumour.

Not everyone gets paid early for Christmas.
As I mentioned it's a rumour thats circulating .... which is unsubstantiated.... though with certain questions still unanswered by the owner of OUFC, speculation on all financial things will be rife

As I mentioned it's a rumour thats circulating .... which is unsubstantiated.... though with certain questions still unanswered by the owner of OUFC, speculation on all financial things will be rife

In some cases saying nothing actually says more than saying something (or is that the vino talking)

Southend did a very professional job on us. Sat deep, frustrated us with gamesmanship from very early on and sneaked a winner. Credit it to them, they had a plan and stuck to it.

Didn’t think anyone for us had a bad game, but our little triangles didn’t come off today. Disappointed with the result but not disheartened by the performance.

What I would say is that the occasional attendees sat near me in the north stand were a bunch of moaners, should perhaps stop watching premiership games on match of the day and set their expectations at an appropriate level.

On to Saturday.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of any real depth to the squad, the first 11-14 players are either getting complacent or knackered I reckon.

I thought today's performance was very (worryingly enough) reminiscent of some of the early season ones. Against a relatively poor team, we spent ages passing the ball about sideways and backwards - putting ourselves under pressure - and refusing to make any forward moves. The passing was truly abysmal - I couldn't believe what I was seeing at times. Balls whacked at a team mate from a few yards away, longer passes tens of yards wide or over hit by a similar amount. A reluctance to get the ball into the middle, even when we were in injury time and one behind. A strange re-emergence of the 'hoof it long to Mackie' tactic that has never worked. Where was our midfield? Did they have today off as well? I took my grown-up son as has become our Boxing Day tradition. After today's 'entertainment', it;s going to be a struggle to get him there next year - tradition or not!

Let's hope it was a bad day at the office rather than a reversion to type.

Oh and trumpeting the LOAN signing of Jordan Graham (who somehow seems to have acquired a status I am not entirely sure is deserved for a chap who played five games for us some years ago and was quite decent but no more) as a 'Christmas present for the supporters' was more than a bit toe-curling. As is playing 'Eye of the effing Tiger'.

Back
Top Bottom