Away Match Day Thread +++ 01/12/2018 Plymouth Argyle vs OUFC FA Cup R2 +++

It was my first time at Home Park. That derelict stand is a bit of an eyesore, but there is obviously work being done to remove it. There didn't seem to be any executive boxes in the three new(ish?) stands, so perhaps that's where they will go. Stadium designers seem very keen on using translucent plastic to let some light in - probably looks good when new, but gets covered in green mould very quickly and looks horrible! Plymouth fans were friendly enough.

The game was odd in that we were poor for 70 out of the 90 minutes, but were so dominant in the other 20 that we could have been further ahead. We just didn't seem to click for long periods, with the players who had done so well on Tuesday not really getting anywhere near those heights. Some players had real 'curates egg' games. As an example, Rob Dickie. Some of his passing out of defence was awful, leading to unneeded danger by giving the ball away and he was also intent on over playing in defence. Sometimes you just need to put your foot through it! On the other hand, his defensive heading was great and he made two goal saving on the line interventions as well as other brilliant blocks. A bloke near me wanted him taken off (not quite sure who would replace him) and I could see why - but he also saved us the game. He wasn't the only one to be inconsistent - luckily Mr Consistent himself was back to form between the sticks on the few occasions that a wasteful Plymouth attack managed to get the ball going goalbound!

I though we were generally a bit slow and conservative in going forward, with a bit too much slow side to side passing along the back, and players coming deep to get the ball. Brannigan (who had an excellent game generally) in particular needed to be higher up the pitch.

Still, we won, are 'in the hat' and have earned a bit more money towards the tax bill!

It was my first time at Home Park. That derelict stand is a bit of an eyesore, but there is obviously work being done to remove it. There didn't seem to be any executive boxes in the three new(ish?) stands, so perhaps that's where they will go. Stadium designers seem very keen on using translucent plastic to let some light in - probably looks good when new, but gets covered in green mould very quickly and looks horrible! Plymouth fans were friendly enough.

The game was odd in that we were poor for 70 out of the 90 minutes, but were so dominant in the other 20 that we could have been further ahead. We just didn't seem to click for long periods, with the players who had done so well on Tuesday not really getting anywhere near those heights. Some players had real 'curates egg' games. As an example, Rob Dickie. Some of his passing out of defence was awful, leading to unneeded danger by giving the ball away and he was also intent on over playing in defence. Sometimes you just need to put your foot through it! On the other hand, his defensive heading was great and he made two goal saving on the line interventions as well as other brilliant blocks. A bloke near me wanted him taken off (not quite sure who would replace him) and I could see why - but he also saved us the game. He wasn't the only one to be inconsistent - luckily Mr Consistent himself was back to form between the sticks on the few occasions that a wasteful Plymouth attack managed to get the ball going goalbound!

I though we were generally a bit slow and conservative in going forward, with a bit too much slow side to side passing along the back, and players coming deep to get the ball. Brannigan (who had an excellent game generally) in particular needed to be higher up the pitch.

Still, we won, are 'in the hat' and have earned a bit more money towards the tax bill!

Maybe it was this brilliant architectural innovation that won the contract? We’ll obviously be looking for yellow mould for our new stadium...

Why?
I loved watching Man City at home. One of the best teams in the World. They had a great team out and tool.it seriously.
Great for interest in the club.
Is this a Manchester City love in? Wasted on here.

Just seen a Grimsby player do the same as Brannigan...did he get booked?

no consistency from FA match officials ... unless something directly affects Premier League clubs, the Football Association don't care at all IMO

due to the FA's ridiculous introduction of two yellow cards = a one match ban in the current FA Cup competition, round three , when the disrespectful( to the competetion) so called big boys go in the hat, can, and will see L1, L2 and Non league clubs deprived of probably key players when , should the luck of the draw favour them, they face a Championship or PL side.... but, the said L1, L2 and non league clubs have to field a weakened side potentially against a club who have more than just one player in their line up with a value way exceeding, the entire combined value of the L1, L2, Non League clubs playing staff and then some

Magic and glamour of the FA Cup? nah! not since the formation of the PL, clubs in which disrespect their opposition and the competition by fielding bench warming squad players or even U21 squad players. Yet the FA decide to make FA cup upsets even more of a rarity due to them introducing an idiotic new rule that punishes lower league and non leage clubs by depriving them of arguably one or more of their better players, lower league and non league clubs simply dont have even a small percentage of the riches awash in PL to amass a multitude of players.

Love Woking!! Fook off Scumdon.

Woking at home will do me.

Wont be versus the scum who just lost at home to NL
Funny comment on their forum - chants from Woking fans - classic

Their fans chanting “football league your having a laugh”.

A returning Baptiste will give Robinson the right kind of selection problems, I just hope he doesn't re-kindle his problem with Henry, who is a sound mainstay of the team.
Carruthers is a walking sick note, probably just happy to be trousering a wage. Will he ever play 3 consecutive games? Doubt it, and he'll never get enough games in to be up to speed. Get rid.
McMahon is a journeyman whose journey might last a bit longer, but in the National League North.
Carruthers needs to go back

no consistency from FA match officials ... unless something directly affects Premier League clubs, the Football Association don't care at all IMO

due to the FA's ridiculous introduction of two yellow cards = a one match ban in the current FA Cup competition, round three , when the disrespectful( to the competetion) so called big boys go in the hat, can, and will see L1, L2 and Non league clubs deprived of probably key players when , should the luck of the draw favour them, they face a Championship or PL side.... but, the said L1, L2 and non league clubs have to field a weakened side potentially against a club who have more than just one player in their line up with a value way exceeding, the entire combined value of the L1, L2, Non League clubs playing staff and then some

Magic and glamour of the FA Cup? nah! not since the formation of the PL, clubs in which disrespect their opposition and the competition by fielding bench warming squad players or even U21 squad players. Yet the FA decide to make FA cup upsets even more of a rarity due to them introducing an idiotic new rule that punishes lower league and non leage clubs by depriving them of arguably one or more of their better players, lower league and non league clubs simply dont have even a small percentage of the riches awash in PL to amass a multitude of players.

If Branagan gets a third yellow in the 4th round does he then miss the 5th round?

Back
Top Bottom