Away Match Day Thread +++ 08/12/2018 Peterborough Utd v OUFC +++

I’ve never really understood where Cole’s reputation comes from. He’s got an unspectacular scoring record - 2 in 16 this season, 12 in 40 last season, 8 in 46 the season before that - plus he’s always on the move. What’s the draw?

I’ve never really understood where Cole’s reputation comes from. He’s got an unspectacular scoring record - 2 in 16 this season, 12 in 40 last season, 8 in 46 the season before that - plus he’s always on the move. What’s the draw?
Me too. Poor scoring record really. We need better TBH.

Doesn’t have to have a great scoring record, as we are currently proving. The question is can he play the role better than smith or Mackie ? From what I’ve seen of him - yes. There ain’t that many lone strikers that can play the holding supply role while also banging in 20 goals. We have the fire power behind.

Doesn’t have to have a great scoring record, as we are currently proving. The question is can he play the role better than smith or Mackie ? From what I’ve seen of him - yes. There ain’t that many lone strikers that can play the holding supply role while also banging in 20 goals. We have the fire power behind.
Is that his game? I’ve only ever seen him or heard of him playing in a two. From what I recall he isn’t a hold up player, more someone who likes to try to get on the shoulder and go in behind.

Not saying he couldn’t do it or that his attributes would be wasted / ineffective, by the way, just not sure he’s got any history of playing the sort of role we’d probably be looking for him to operate in.

If that’s Coles scoring record and providing he’s available and what Robbo wants, he should fit I’m nicely.

Having watched those highlights, it puts Steve Evans comments into context. What game was he watching?

Back
Top Bottom