Away Match Day Thread +++ 08/12/2018 Peterborough Utd v OUFC +++

Sorry Bob, got dragged round Hamleys by the other half so only just seen the result (flat phone).

Decent result against one of this leagues ambitious teams. James Henry is keeping us up this season. A top midfield player in this league.

If i was a Pompey or such like, hes definitely someone id put in a bid for in January.

And anything that has the fat, cheating sack of horseshit Steve Evans puffed up is always a good thing.

Are you telling me that this '100% to be relegated' team are going to be kept up by one player now?

I really like your renewed optimism but it's a pretty fair team effort not just James henry.

Last 12 games have been more of the kind of results or performances I’d have expected from a robinson side I never expected us to challenge but Christ were we dire and looked doomed at the start of the season. Fingers crossed we maintain or extend the gap below us in time for jan and we can get a few extra bodies in but I’m far from counting any chickens or predicting our fate this season can easily see how it could go back the other way am just praying we can survive.

Really pleased with the draw a positive result in my view

We are a striker away from being a good team. I reckon Robinson could have one lined up in Kieran Agard. I can see him playing here from January.

Went to Peterboro and saw an entertaining encounter where a draw was probably fair.

In my view Ivan Toney was almost unplayable in the first half - bewitching Dickie and particularly Nelson
who had a very difficult afternoon. And little twinkle-toed Siriki Dembele dazzled on the wing.
Those two were the Posh danger men and Maddison looked decent too at times. Thought Tafazolli
and Bennett lacked a bit of pace in central defence and Whyte and Browne always gave us hope on the counter.

Oxford played their part with some really good play at times but need to keep the hammer down
when on top - after half-time we lost some intensity and it nearly cost us.

Evans is clearly a lunatic - his antics on the touch line , aided and abetted by Paul Raynor,
needs close scrutiny by the FA. Evans was fined and banned very recently for comments
aimed at a referee.

Talking of referees - yesterday’s referee (Charles Breakspear) was shockingly bad.
It seemed the game was all about him.

If Toney was playing for us we’d be a top six team - no disrespect to Jamie Mackie, though
who works hard on his own.

Highlights are here https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...ague-one/11575689/peterborough-2-2-oxford-utd

Our 'offside goal has been edited out. The fantastic 25 yard screamer from Dembele to put Peterborough 2-1 up turns out to be a lucky deflection.

2,406 Mackems at Accrington yesterday.

They took 3,279 to the Banks’s Stadium, Walsall a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2018/november/match-report-for-walsall-vs-sunderland-on-24-nov-18/

Could be huge gate for us on 9th February.

8 points from 5 games - wasn't that a Mapp target? Four points from Blackpool and Donny would set us up well for the Xmas games.

I thinks the Hamleys in Scumland is called Families to give it mass market appeal.

A Steve Evans critique: - some direct quotes:

“ Having stood on the terraces the ABAX Stadium (London Road) seven times this season, one of the most entertaining
spectacles is actually watching Evans act like a lunatic on the touchline.”

“ His constant blame on officials is quite tiring and his emphasis on his sides dominating matches is quite delusional
from what I have seen.The fans are not stupid and they can surely see through that.”

Went to Peterboro and saw an entertaining encounter where a draw was probably fair.

In my view Ivan Toney was almost unplayable in the first half - bewitching Dickie and particularly Nelson
who had a very difficult afternoon. And little twinkle-toed Siriki Dembele dazzled on the wing.
Those two were the Posh danger men and Maddison looked decent too at times. Thought Tafazolli
and Bennett lacked a bit of pace in central defence and Whyte and Browne always gave us hope on the counter.

Oxford played their part with some really good play at times but need to keep the hammer down
when on top - after half-time we lost some intensity and it nearly cost us.

Evans is clearly a lunatic - his antics on the touch line , aided and abetted by Paul Raynor,
needs close scrutiny by the FA. Evans was fined and banned very recently for comments
aimed at a referee.

Talking of referees - yesterday’s referee (Charles Breakspear) was shockingly bad.
It seemed the game was all about him.

If Toney was playing for us we’d be a top six team - no disrespect to Jamie Mackie, though
who works hard on his own.
I agree with a lot if that.
Toney must have played against us for 3 to 4 clubs? He us getting better and better and for a while yesterday looked a top striker. After 20 minutes they faded a bit as we got back into the game. I reckon he would be better in out team with Browne and Whyte and Henry.
Peterborough are a little long ball trying to catch us on the break and use the pace of the front men.
Having been to Barnsley and Pompey we seem to have come on massively. Peterborough could easily have had 4 but so could we ...

We have taken 17 points from the last ten games, quite a turnaround from just five from 11, the draw away to Southend followed up by a huge home win to Plymouth to start the run were the key for me, neither were pretty but they nearly doubled our points total and we built from there, the change in personnel, shape and mentality has made us look a completely different team to the one that looked like it could repeat the Kemp season.

Hopefully we don’t get to comfortable and fall back, the relegation battle mentality seemed to bring some steel and fight out in us, keeping that will be more important than any players we can bring in.

Last 12 games have been more of the kind of results or performances I’d have expected from a robinson side I never expected us to challenge but Christ were we dire and looked doomed at the start of the season. Fingers crossed we maintain or extend the gap below us in time for jan and we can get a few extra bodies in but I’m far from counting any chickens or predicting our fate this season can easily see how it could go back the other way am just praying we can survive.

Really pleased with the draw a positive result in my view
Having watched most of the past 10 games Of I can't really easily see us going back to the start of the season unless we have more injuries.
The past 10 games have been promotion form and with Browne Whyte Mackie and Henry we can trouble anybody.
The soft underbelly seems to have gone as yesterday testified.

We have taken 17 points from the last ten games, quite a turnaround from just five from 11, the draw away to Southend followed up by a huge home win to Plymouth to start the run were the key for me, neither were pretty but they nearly doubled our points total and we built from there, the change in personnel, shape and mentality has made us look a completely different team to the one that looked like it could repeat the Kemp season.

Hopefully we don’t get to comfortable and fall back, the relegation battle mentality seemed to bring some steel and fight out in us, keeping that will be more important than any players we can bring in.
No coincidence that the Southend game was Mous first game as the sitting midfielder. After that Eastwood returning, Mackie getting fitter and Henry playing in his best position have all been significant. All senior players in key positions knowing what they're jobs are as well.

I reckon devante Cole.

He was a top target when tiger came in.
He’s under the same agent.
Not getting game time at burton
Never gonna get back in the Wigan team
That wouldn't be a bad signing, only thing is Cole has started until yesterday every game since mid October.

Back
Top Bottom