Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/12/2018 OUFC v Bristol Rovers FC +++

I’m not in the boat of wanting Robinson out yet, but he does play the victim card e.g. we’ve got no offensive option etc, but Karl it was you that brought in all these injury prone crocs knowing we already had at least two on the books in Hall and Obika.

So what’s the truth? Did Tiger back you in the summer or were you left with only the dregs to chose from because the funds weren’t there? Who’s fault was it?

Oh, and to bring in a 16 year old in a physical battle expecting to change it was ludicrous. These players should be brought on when you’re winning a game easily with 10-15mins to go, not to change the game. To me it was a signal to Tiger to show him what you’re playing with, poor show in my eyes, victim mode.

In addition to the above, I’m pissed off with all the shite we’ve been given over the years by different owners (mainly tyrant Kassam), confidentiality agreements so they can continue with their B*****s. On this, Tiger is starting to f**k me off. Time to get real with him. We were fed all this shite by Kassam, so we’re not Reading plastic supporters who were singing and clapping (literally) oblivious to what’s going in, we’ve been there and got the t-shirt, so this s**t has to be confronted.

With the state of the squad and god knows what the state the club is in, this January window is crucial to the direction of this club, so we’ve got to get it right.

The only way this club will ever move forward is when owners, managers and fans are open and honest, but I think hell will freeze over first!
The fans are open and honest..............dont you read the Forum?

Gashead here in peace. Thought we were in control yesterday and never really worried about conceding bar a couple of poor misses in the first half from you. I've gone from thinking well probably go down to not expecting to at all. It must feel embarrassing to lose to us 6 times in a row at your place, I mean we're hardly bloody Barcelona!

Anyway Karl Robinson... If I'm honest thought he was a poor appointment by you guys. Only real success was with MK Dons when he took them up to the championship but he had the money there ans even then he took them straight back down.

I wouldn't put you off going for Darrell Clarke, he was a legend here and I think he just become disillusioned with the board's ambitions in the end and became in a bit stubborn with his team. He only lives about an hour away too. I don't think he's the sort of name you would go for. You seem to prefer going for higher profile managers I feel but I might be wrong?

P.S thought your players were a bit soft. Looking for a free kick too often. We seem to have found a slightly more physical side to our game and are battling for more. We've gone back to basics but it's working for the short term and we'veanaged to keep some consistency in our tram (DC liked making 3 or 4 changes every game).
Forever the
Gashead here in peace. Thought we were in control yesterday and never really worried about conceding bar a couple of poor misses in the first half from you. I've gone from thinking well probably go down to not expecting to at all. It must feel embarrassing to lose to us 6 times in a row at your place, I mean we're hardly bloody Barcelona!

Anyway Karl Robinson... If I'm honest thought he was a poor appointment by you guys. Only real success was with MK Dons when he took them up to the championship but he had the money there ans even then he took them straight back down.

I wouldn't put you off going for Darrell Clarke, he was a legend here and I think he just become disillusioned with the board's ambitions in the end and became in a bit stubborn with his team. He only lives about an hour away too. I don't think he's the sort of name you would go for. You seem to prefer going for higher profile managers I feel but I might be wrong?

P.S thought your players were a bit soft. Looking for a free kick too often. We seem to have found a slightly more physical side to our game and are battling for more. We've gone back to basics but it's working for the short term and we'veanaged to keep some consistency in our tram (DC liked making 3 or 4 changes every game).
Remember you had two lads called "Smash and Grab" back in the seventies/ eighties. They scored a shedfull. Got 5 in one game at the Manor if memory serves me correctly. Would be priceless today.

This goal was pretty good wasn't it?

On reflection, the officials had a mare yesterday. From the eternity it took to swap the officials over (and not adding enough time) to some of the naughtiness missed. I wasn't the only one to see Mackie taken out off the ball right in front of the lino, who must have not seen it and the elbows from Jakubiak to Dickie. Considering the rot of a decision at Doncaster, it's frustrating at how inconsistent things are from week to week.

On reflection, the officials had a mare yesterday. From the eternity it took to swap the officials over (and not adding enough time) to some of the naughtiness missed. I wasn't the only one to see Mackie taken out off the ball right in front of the lino, who must have not seen it and the elbows from Jakubiak to Dickie. Considering the rot of a decision at Doncaster, it's frustrating at how inconsistent things are from week to week.

We can’t keep on blaming officials or Kick Off times.

Far better than yours at home against us. ?

I'm curious as to what your thoughts are as to why, when we play, there always seems to be almost a derby hatred, with almost nailed on trouble of some kind, at both grounds.

Is it because of our, shall we say, "historic collegiate friendship," with the red side of the city?

Attachments

• whistling-emoticon-eps-vector_csp33931949.jpg
    whistling-emoticon-eps-vector_csp33931949.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 7
For a very experienced player, Mackie does seem to get ‘taken out’ very frequently. Centre forwards aren’t much use if they’re laying on the floor near the halfway line as the ball is flying across the oppositions goal mouth. Could it be he’s that unlucky? Or is it that he’s either too naive to play the position, or trying to con the referees because he knows he doesn’t have to pace or strength to get the better of his marker?

Forever the

Remember you had two lads called "Smash and Grab" back in the seventies/ eighties. They scored a shedfull. Got 5 in one game at the Manor if memory serves me correctly. Would be priceless today.
Bannister and Warboys.
A poor mans Aldridge and Hamilton!!

For a very experienced player, Mackie does seem to get ‘taken out’ very frequently. Centre forwards aren’t much use if they’re laying on the floor near the halfway line as the ball is flying across the oppositions goal mouth. Could it be he’s that unlucky? Or is it that he’s either too naive to play the position, or trying to con the referees because he knows he doesn’t have to pace or strength to get the better of his marker?
Just shows how bad things have become when he's the only player we have for that role. He looks for fouls constantly and yes he has lost his pace. He also gets caught offside far too often perhaps because of this or he is just not concentrating.

I’m not in the boat of wanting Robinson out yet, but he does play the victim card e.g. we’ve got no offensive option etc, but Karl it was you that brought in all these injury prone crocs knowing we already had at least two on the books in Hall and Obika.

So what’s the truth? Did Tiger back you in the summer or were you left with only the dregs to chose from because the funds weren’t there? Who’s fault was it?

Oh, and to bring in a 16 year old in a physical battle expecting to change it was ludicrous. These players should be brought on when you’re winning a game easily with 10-15mins to go, not to change the game. To me it was a signal to Tiger to show him what you’re playing with, poor show in my eyes, victim mode.

In addition to the above, I’m pissed off with all the shite we’ve been given over the years by different owners (mainly tyrant Kassam), confidentiality agreements so they can continue with their B*****s. On this, Tiger is starting to f**k me off. Time to get real with him. We were fed all this shite by Kassam, so we’re not Reading plastic supporters who were singing and clapping (literally) oblivious to what’s going in, we’ve been there and got the t-shirt, so this s**t has to be confronted.

With the state of the squad and god knows what the state the club is in, this January window is crucial to the direction of this club, so we’ve got to get it right.

The only way this club will ever move forward is when owners, managers and fans are open and honest, but I think hell will freeze over first!
Well said uptheus, nail on head.

If you're going to blame officials, I think you are only kidding yourself. Yes the officials were poor yesterday as they are most weeks but I didn't feel they affected the result in anyway and there was definitely no bias.

Hi Gas, what’s the situation with your new stadium? Is it still a possibility or is your club resigned to staying at the Mem now?
Staying at the mem unfortunately. As much as I hate to admit it, we are miles behind the other side of the city as regards infrastructure and finances, stadium etc. We make up for it in other ways though!

Back
Top Bottom