Home Match Day Thread +++ 26/12/2018 OUFC V Southend United Matchday Thread +++

Ok?! Only played 7 games since? Come off it.
You are right, It is more than that - my mistake, apologies. He played 12 games for Wolves immediately after going back from us 3 years ago. Since then he has played 5 times for Wolves, 3 times for Fulham on loan ( a grand total of 39 minutes on the pitch) and 4 times for Ipswich (2 starts) on loan. He was out for 15 months injured during this time. My point was really (whatever the number of games the played a couple of years ago) that he is short of match time and is actually pretty much an unknown quantity - whatever he did in a month with us three years ago.

Only in your deluded mind.Give me 1 bit of evidence this is the pinnacle.
While we are at it lets all tell Graham to f**k off because he got a bit of half time welcome.

Oh dear, try reading what I wrote. I said it feels like it’s the pinnacle, in the way they introduced Jordan.
You are totally the deluded one,what a rediculous way to treat Graham, telling him to F.O. Totally crazy thing to suggest.

Sothend did a proper away performance on us.

High energy pressing, closing Hanson and Ruffles quickly preventing the ball from reaching Browne/Whyte. They allowed Dickie and Nelson time on the ball, but had little option from the midfield...we were crying out for a ball carrying CM yesterday like Baptiste.

Not sure if Browne was injured/didn't fancy it/Southend did a good job however Whyte looked the more dangerous of the two.

That being said, we didnt create the shot volume we normally do, Nelson missed a good chance, goal disallowed, Henry in the second half...we had some reasonable chances.

The bench was the worry yesterday. We will have to manage the squad with the run of fixtures, however it looks like Whyte, Henry, Browne, Mackie will get run in to the ground in the next couple of weeks as we have no other alternatives.

Oh dear, try reading what I wrote. I said it feels like it’s the pinnacle, in the way they introduced Jordan.
You are totally the deluded one,what a rediculous way to treat Graham, telling him to F.O. Totally crazy thing to suggest.
Typical post from you,make assumptions and post them as fact.

Whilst I accept we failed to score yesterday and we have had a good run without conceding too many goals, I still feel we are lacking in defence, having watched most games, we have on many occasions been lucky, yes they battle, but I’m not convinced
Nelson is good on the grass but lacks something in the air, Dickie still has a long way to go to convince me he’s good enough, and as just mentioned in another post we are using ‘predominately’ midfielders on the left and right of the defence.

Typical post from you,make assumptions and post them as fact.

With all due respect, further up in this thread someone has said they “feel” something and you’ve castigated them for having stated it as if fact, which in itself is a rather clumsy assumption

With all due respect, further up in this thread someone has said they “feel” something and you’ve castigated them for having stated it as if fact, which in itself is a rather clumsy assumption
Not really when you take in to consideration all of that posters posts.

Whilst I accept we failed to score yesterday and we have had a good run without conceding too many goals, I still feel we are lacking in defence, having watched most games, we have on many occasions been lucky, yes they battle, but I’m not convinced
Nelson is good on the grass but lacks something in the air, Dickie still has a long way to go to convince me he’s good enough, and as just mentioned in another post we are using ‘predominately’ midfielders on the left and right of the defence.

Lacking in attack as well, thinking about the number of chances missed at recent games, especially recently at Doncaster.

I’ve always thought Nelson was good with his head and also handy on the grass.
Dickie good in the air, but suspect on the grass-he has no speed and is LARGELY indecisive/lacks confidence on the ball.

Nelson is good on the deck, suspect in the air, he’s missed a few chances in last 2 years with his head, abs good chances at that, he’s not commanding in the air, or perhaps I’ve been a supporter too long and compairing him with those centre backs who have been

Didn't see the point of bringing Smith on. Should have made a sub that enabled Nelson to go up top.

Totally agree. He has never looked up to it. Enough for me to say I’d rather see obika up front than him. In fact he’s been so bad I’d have one of the youth players on before him.

Totally agree. Extremely embarrassing: why DOES Graham have superhero status? Were we supposed to swoon with excitement? Yes, he was good, but THAT good?!
Straight down to the bye line, whipping in those fabulous crosses. More of the same please. Its a YES from me. Anyway, why should we not give him a good reception, we have precious else to crow about.

Back
Top Bottom