Away Match Day Thread +++ 08/12/2018 Peterborough Utd v OUFC +++

Good point and good spirit shown. James Henry is class. Some people have had goes at him because he's not a high energy, burn-up-the-pitch merchant, but he's got a great footballing brain, does a lot of unobtrusive work, and is a fine finisher.

Good point and good spirit shown. James Henry is class. Some people have had goes at him because he's not a high energy, burn-up-the-pitch merchant, but he's got a great footballing brain, does a lot of unobtrusive work, and is a fine finisher.
It really helps when players play in their best positions(Mous as well)Playing Henry as a winger was a waste of his talent. He simply doesn't have the pace. His craft and guille is through the middle, getting in good positions and anticipating knock downs, cut backs etc.
Class player at this level if he is left where he is!!

It really helps when players play in their best positions(Mous as well)Playing Henry as a winger was a waste of his talent. He simply doesn't have the pace. His craft and guille is through the middle, getting in good positions and anticipating knock downs, cut backs etc.
Class player at this level if he is left where he is!!
To be fair KR has put Henry in that position and got the best out of him.
They were saying on RO that Pep used to play him wide on the left...

From Posh Forum:

" by ashman » Today, 19:07

First half:

We were good for the first ten minutes, Toney scoring a very well constructed goal. Two more good chances were scorned until Oxford realised that if they simply passed the ball around us in little triangles (something we try to instill into young children from day one) then they would gain momentum and eventually get a deserved equaliser.This they did just before half time with a superb strike from James Henry.

Second half:

With a quarter of an hour to go Oxford had been passing the ball around us with ease until a little bit of magic from Dembele lit up the game. This time, just for once, he decided to put his laces through the ball and he finished a simply wonderful chance by lashing the ball into the roof of the net.
Evans once again changed Reed for O'Hara to disrupt the flow. Godden was exchanged for Cummings who looked lively but he failed miserably to hit the target from six yards when it would have been easier to have missed!
Once again we relied way too much on the hoofed ball and the Oxford scouts must have noticed the way we have been playing in the last few games. They stuck to their plans and then Colin Daniel committed a ridiculous foul in our penalty area, straight after Tafazolli had tried also to give away a penalty. Tafazolli had one of the worst games I have ever seen him play, giving away the ball either by merely hoofing it back towards their midfield, passing the ball on the ground straight at their players or losing most of his headers; the ones he did win went just anywhere.
Once again, bitterly disappointed with not only the result but also the way in which we are playing.

'We play football the way, the way we should, oh yeah, Something tells me I'm into something good!' - has not been heard from the terraces for some time!"

Just listened to Evans post match. Seems he's not happy.

ahahaha this bloke makes KR look humble.
I started questioning my view after hearing that!
So much so that I read the BBC report which suggested that Oxford deserved a draw!
Mr Evans says that the officials were horrendous suggesting that Mackie should have been sent off and our first goal was offside? No comment of our disallowed goal and how they were lucky to have 11 on the pitch at the end?

Great result, could have been three. When we stopped hoofing the ball up field, and passed through the middle, we made progress. Not sure if the goal disallowed was right, but we played the better football for long periods.
The defence creaked a little losing shape, allowing them to many unchallenged forays into our box. Nelson didn't have a great game.
The only way has to be up. When Caruthers, McMahon and Baptiste return, to add to the January additions, bolstering the squad size and quality, we will win/challenge for a win far more convincingly , against top teams such as Peterborough.

Still no league away win ,yet...nonetheless hard fought n hard won away point by coming from behind twice... against a decent l1 side. Reasonably pleased with that:)

No sign of kip... what a surprise!
Sorry Bob, got dragged round Hamleys by the other half so only just seen the result (flat phone).

Decent result against one of this leagues ambitious teams. James Henry is keeping us up this season. A top midfield player in this league.

If i was a Pompey or such like, hes definitely someone id put in a bid for in January.

And anything that has the fat, cheating sack of horseshit Steve Evans puffed up is always a good thing.

Sorry Bob, got dragged round Hamleys by the other half so only just seen the result (flat phone).

Decent result against one of this leagues ambitious teams. James Henry is keeping us up this season. A top midfield player in this league.

If i was a Pompey or such like, hes definitely someone id put in a bid for in January.

And anything that has the fat, cheating sack of horseshit Steve Evans puffed up is always a good thing.

Didn’t know here was a Hamleys in Swindon.

Back
Top Bottom