Home Match Day Thread +++ 15/12/2018 OUFC v Blackpool Matchday Thread +++

It really wasn't a game for strikers and defenders. Both looked like mugs with the conditions.

In Rome for my 40th birthday, kept my eye on the score in between sight seeing, today’s result topped off a lovely day. 5 home wins on the trot, can’t of happened much since the ground move?

• React
Reactions: MJB
In Rome for my 40th birthday, kept my eye on the score in between sight seeing, today’s result topped off a lovely day. 5 home wins on the trot, can’t of happened much since the ground move?

Not since 1996 according to Sky Sports today.

If we had lost a few of these games we would be in serious trouble now

A good solid win, and deserved.

Considering the awful conditions I thought we’d played pretty well partcularly for the first 25-30 minutes. I felt quietly confident all the way throughout the match.

Certainly helps to have a settled starting XI, and you can now see a confidence and pattern of play that wasn’t evident in the first 10 games.

Well done Robinson, credit where credit’s due.

Not long home and my feet still haven’t thawed out!

A good win. First half we actually played some decent football, especially considering the conditions. The buildup to Henry's goal was really good, and given his form it was unsurprising to see him put it away easily. Second half was more about managing the match and the conditions, which was done very well.

Overall a top performance. Robinson and his coaching team seem to have done a good job keeping the players focussed on football in spite of the poor running of the club behind the scenes. They should all be applauded for doing so.

Just in warmed my fingers up teeth stopped chattering. A good result well done Marcus and James ( oh Robbo give Henry a contract extension he’s worth it ). Blackpool were difficult and were good on the wings especially the left wing but we kept them at bay. 3 more points a good run has started long may it continue. Tough game next week but keep up the good work and we will be rewarded I’m sure. COYY

• React
Reactions: MJB
Barring the cold, I enjoyed that as my 1st game of the season.

Observations:

- Cracking 2nd goal. Central midfield is James Henry's most effective position.

- Cameron Brannagan is clearly freed up with Mous behind him who was solid.

- Josh Ruffels doesn't need replacing if he carries on playing like that.

- You can see Gavin Whyte's inexperience when defending (ie getting caught on the wrong side when trying to win the ball). He left Hanson exposed a few times in the 1st half but that will come as he plays more. That said, considering the conditions going forward he looks an exciting player.

- Marcus Browne obviously is a good player but needs to lift his head more and pass. A couple of occasions he could have put Cameron Brannagan in. Defensively, he clearly still needs to develop but there was no lack of effort on that score.

- Defence were very good considering the conditions. Rob Dickie really impressed for me.

As for the game in general, we took our chances with a helpful own goal and professionally nullified the 2nd half.

Blackpool looked a decent, generally well organised team (certainly defensively) but Simon Eastwood didn't have a lot to do in the 2nd half when they had the wind in their favour. Also, why did their manager move the no.24 from left wing in the 1st to right back in the 2nd half? He helpfully neutralised their main 1st half threat.

Overall a very solid win considering the conditions.

in the bad weather that was a very clinical performance, a dodgy defensive 5 minutes we managed to survive, took 2 chances and never really let them get back Into the game, still not sold on Rovno but he is definitely on the right track

Imagine being a Blackpool player having played and lost the game in atrocious conditions
to then find out the showers are cold.

Last edited:
Good win. Players playing for the team. Horrible conditions but managed to subdue a decent Blackpool side.

I'll take the points and the win.

Josh R outstanding. Whyte works very hard. Moose is horrible to play against. Mackie a s**t house as per.

Blackpool pretty good but we outfoxed them tactically with our swift breaks.

The difference in nous between September and now is quite staggering.

Can we break the away duck?

Back
Top Bottom