Dot Counting 10,000 for Exeter

Attendance tracking
Colin, what happened to the SSL corners. On Friday they appeared sold out, but 80% empty at the match

Colin, what happened to the SSL corners. On Friday they appeared sold out, but 80% empty at the match
SSL lower near the East Stand is often given as comps to kids’ clubs, so possible they were given but not all used up.

I believe that deals were done during freshers week at Uni. The SSL corner nearer the East Stand was pretty full with "studenty" looking people, but many had scarves and most stayed until the end. Don't know if there were similar deals at the fence end, or if these were also kids teams as suggested.

Our total attendance may have been inflated by these, but there's also a good opportunity to keep some of these coming back week after week. Good to see that there were also lots of young families coming to their first game, so plenty of new fans that will hopefully be looking to return soon.

I believe that deals were done during freshers week at Uni. The SSL corner nearer the East Stand was pretty full with "studenty" looking people, but many had scarves and most stayed until the end. Don't know if there were similar deals at the fence end, or if these were also kids teams as suggested.

Our total attendance may have been inflated by these, but there's also a good opportunity to keep some of these coming back week after week. Good to see that there were also lots of young families coming to their first game, so plenty of new fans that will hopefully be looking to return soon.
There was .( in SSL fence end)... Stewards had their hands full telling some of them not to vape, smoke and drink (alcohol) in the second half .... a few, with scarves/ hats did stay till the end, though many ( the more unruly ones) left when the first pen went in. Also many of them arrived in the seats 5-10 mins after kick off too

Mildly annoying ( like young kids) were some of them, up n down to the kiosk all through the first half

Im all for attracting new semi regulars, but the club when striking these deals ( cheap/free tickets) should ensure some sort of etiquette it adhered to, as ST holders haven't paid up front to have their 'matchday experience' disturbed

There was .( in SSL fence end)... Stewards had their hands full telling some of them not to vape, smoke and drink (alcohol) in the second half .... a few, with scarves/ hats did stay till the end, though many ( the more unruly ones) left when the first pen went in. Also many of them arrived in the seats 5-10 mins after kick off too

Mildly annoying ( like young kids) were some of them, up n down to the kiosk all through the first half

Im all for attracting new semi regulars, but the club when striking these deals ( cheap/free tickets) should ensure some sort of etiquette it adhered to, as ST holders haven't paid up front to have their 'matchday experience' disturbed

I agree, but some of this takes time, and generally those who are unable to fit in with social norms and the ones that don't come back. Hopefully those who stayed and enjoyed it become regulars and more respectful of others.

Ben Futcher, Ben Purkiss, Liam Kelly and Dave Kitson in fancy dress at last years Xmas Party for OUFC veterans.

As @Scotchegg says, we had a deal for Freshers Week and also JackFM were doing a ticket promotion too. Both deals were for the two ends of SSL, which are usually the emptiest part of the ground.

A good idea in my book, and if some of them come back a few times a season, for the three years that they're at Oxford, all well and good. I looked specifically at those seats during the game, and I'd say they were a lot more than 20% full, maybe 65%/70%?

As @Scotchegg says, we had a deal for Freshers Week and also JackFM were doing a ticket promotion too. Both deals were for the two ends of SSL, which are usually the emptiest part of the ground.

A good idea in my book, and if some of them come back a few times a season, for the three years that they're at Oxford, all well and good. I looked specifically at those seats during the game, and I'd say they were a lot more than 20% full, maybe 65%/70%?
SSL area was ( 2 blocks up from the fence end)

Our next home games are Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night, Bristol Rovers with a lunchtime kick off, Blackpool and Wycombe. Bristol Rovers and Wycombe should have decent crowds anyway, so should we look at promoting the Blackpool game to try to get to 10k?

It's the first weekend of half term so could maybe look at making it a family friendly game with things on pre-game to get kids involved? I'm happy to raise this with @OUSP Secretary and @OxVox to see how we can all give a game like this a push.

That's not to say that we shouldn't look to encourage others at every game, but some will benefit more from extra marketing.

None of that behaviour in the East Stand. All "seasoned" season ticket holders.

Back
Top Bottom