Tickets 10,000 v Accrington

Congratulations on a brilliant prediction Colin and for starting this Accy thread in the first place. One away from perfection!

As always it’s been a pleasure to work with the King of the Dots, certainly since the change of manager anyway!

Delighted we will have plenty of big matches to count again next season and hopefully the club will learn from and build on their strong marketing push for this season’s finale so that, aligned with success on the pitch, there will be less blue dots to tally on a regular basis in 2023/24!

Congratulations on a brilliant prediction Colin and for starting this Accy thread in the first place. One away from perfection!

As always it’s been a pleasure to work with the King of the Dots, certainly since the change of manager anyway!

Delighted we will have plenty of big matches to count again next season and hopefully the club will learn from and build on their strong marketing push for this season’s finale so that, aligned with success on the pitch, there will be less blue dots to tally on a regular basis in 2023/24!
Cheers @Thecurraghofkildare and thanks for your help mate.

Come to think of it, if only you'd have come over for the game......................... :ROFLMAO:

I just hope if there's anyone reading this, who was thinking of going, but didn't, that they are thoroughly ashamed of themselves!

Think of the symmetry, the perfect symmetry that your non attendance has ruined. I shall look at this attendance figure of 10,499 all summer, with tears in my eyes, thinking of what might have been!!!! 😭😭
I didn’t go @Colin B and gave my ST to a friend who would have bought a ticket - I am truly sorry! 😘

Yeah you're right - my average home fans formula was dividing by 23 in preparation for Sunday!
I'm slightly below you're figure at 7,447 using all the figures from match reports for total and away attendance.
Positive news post!!!

Now the dust has settled I've done the split on our home attendances between home fans and visitors. I've also compared it with last season, and the good news is that we attracted more home fans to games than last year! That's some achievement considering the season we've had.

2021/2022
Total Home Average 8,463
Visiting Fans Average 915
Home Fans Average 7,548

2022/2023
Total Home Average 8,393
Visiting Fans Average 824
Home Fans Average 7,569

Well done all. I really hope we get a decent season ticket offering (leading to more season tickets), a good transfer window and a much more positive vibe about the place next season, followed by a challenge at the right end of the table. If we do, then I look forward to a lot more games where dot counting is necessary, but with a lot less blue dots to count!

Last edited:
Positive news post!!!

Now the dust has settled I've done the split on our home attendances between home fans and visitors. I've also compared it with last season, and the good news is that we attracted more home fans to games than last year! That's some achievement considering the season we've had.

2021/2022
Total Home Average 8,463
Home Fans Average 7,548

2022/2023
Total Home Average 8,393
Home Fans Average 7,569

Well done all. I really hope we get a decent season ticket offering (leading to more season tickets), a good transfer window and a much more positive vibe about the place next season, followed by a challenge at the right end of the table. If we do, then I look forward to a lot more games where dot counting is necessary, but with a lot less blue dots to count!
Interesting.
That is quite surprising but shows how well the supporters have got behind the club/ team this season.
I think that the away support is down but not by much.
You are right, the club must try and grow ST sales, increasing the crowds next season ( assuming we have a much better season)

This is why it was so frustrating when we had some constantly running down our fans at times this season. I remember @YellowSubmarine (who seems to have gone missing since we started to get a few results) posting the following;

Screenshot_20230508_171625_Samsung Internet.jpg
To the contrary, I think that our support has been exceptional with everything that has happened on and off the pitch, and with very challenging financial pressures for many.

Hopefully there is much to look forward to over the summer and into next season and we should certainly look towards increasing our home support above 8000 with away fans taking it beyond 9000 as a minimum target.

Interesting.
That is quite surprising but shows how well the supporters have got behind the club/ team this season.
I think that the away support is down but not by much.
You are right, the club must try and grow ST sales, increasing the crowds next season ( assuming we have a much better season)
I did look at this, and I think if we hadn't had the reduction in away capacity, from approx 1,850 to approx 1,490 then we almost certainly would have matched last season's away following total too, which in turn would have meant a higher total home attendance average.

Ipswich, Wednesday, Derby, Plymouth and Portsmouth all sold out and I'm pretty sure would have sold the extra 360 each, meaning an extra 78 on the away following taking it to 912, but more crucially the total average would have gone to 8,471 compared to last season's 8,463.

As a slight downer though, I believe League One attendances in total are up 12% on last season. I know it depends who the teams are in the league, but I don't see too much difference in the seven teams that entered League One this season from those who departed it, from an attendance perspective. Out of interest, if we had increased our home attendance by 12% from last season it would have been 9,479!

Last edited:
This is why it was so frustrating when we had some constantly running down our fans at times this season. I remember @YellowSubmarine (who seems to have gone missing since we started to get a few results) posting the following;

View attachment 13320
To the contrary, I think that our support has been exceptional with everything that has happened on and off the pitch, and with very challenging financial pressures for many.

Hopefully there is much to look forward to over the summer and into next season and we should certainly look towards increasing our home support above 8000 with away fans taking it beyond 9000 as a minimum target.

He may have been talking about support from the stands not attendance and financial support?.

I realise it was Sunday, midday and a dead rubber, but I was blown away by the lack of atmosphere yesterday. I can’t ever remember a league game with so little noise.

He may have been talking about support from the stands not attendance and financial support?.

I realise it was Sunday, midday and a dead rubber, but I was blown away by the lack of atmosphere yesterday. I can’t ever remember a league game with so little noise.

Stanley travelling support were loud ( and defiantly incessant ) , and behind their team for most of the game, despite knowing their fate for next season

I agree the 10k+ home support seemed rather quiet yesterday, for the majority of the game

Positive news post!!!

2021/2022
Total Home Average 8,463
Home Fans Average 7,548

2022/2023
Total Home Average 8,393
Home Fans Average 7,569

Ace - everything matches with my figures for this season and last. Brill!

I just couldn't believe how quiet and passive everyone was on Sunday.
It was really poor in my opinion.

I used to be an east stander and London roader and used to take pride in making a racket for the team. These days I go with my dad and bro usually in south stand... Different times now, but everyone seems apathetic!!!

I don't know whether people are too comfortable and middle class in general, but regardless of the football we need to be kicking off in the stands, good or bad. This is the way our players and managers learn quickly what is acceptable and what is not from thousands of loyal fans who spend lots of money with the club. We have a responsibility.
An audible sound from oufc fans is so important. We need to liven up a bit next season.
Our team were sub standard, our owners have been too, along with our first manager and coaching team this season. Let's not follow suit.
Oufc fans can be so good but I think we need to take a look at ourselves too on this occasion.

I used to be an east stander and London roader and used to take pride in making a racket for the team. These days I go with my dad and bro usually in south stand... Different times now, but everyone seems apathetic!!!

I don't know whether people are too comfortable and middle class in general, but regardless of the football we need to be kicking off in the stands, good or bad. This is the way our players and managers learn quickly what is acceptable and what is not from thousands of loyal fans who spend lots of money with the club. We have a responsibility.
An audible sound from oufc fans is so important. We need to liven up a bit next season.
Our team were sub standard, our owners have been too, along with our first manager and coaching team this season. Let's not follow suit.
Oufc fans can be so good but I think we need to take a look at ourselves too on this occasion.
Don’t think the players helped frankly on Sunday. Fans were right behind them against Cheltenham and Forest Green. Players went through the motions on Sunday

They really didn't just go through the motions. We played well up until the substitutions, at which point Fleming made an error having just come on. (If Brown was still on, that equaliser never happened.) Even John Coleman admitted Accrington didn't deserve the win.

Totally agreed. I’ve done Ipswich away (fans did well until it was 3-0) and that game on Sunday. I was shocked at just how quiet and sanitized it’s become. There’s more atmosphere at the cricket or a baseball game. We have historically been pretty decent. Sure the stadium makes it worse , but plenty of other clubs like Lincoln etc still make decent atmospheres. I dislike Newcastle but they created an absolute cauldron against Arsenal on the same day that completely influenced both sets of players and the referee.

We have had this chat periodically on here, about the demise of the ultras, what can we do, but it really needs addressing. I got hooked because of the London road atmosphere, not because Nick Cusack and Mark Druce enchanted me with their link up play.

Mark Druce popped up as someone you might know on Facebook the other day for me, I nearly tried to add as I thought maybe he will remember me from standing in the London Road end while he played 😂.
When Druce was loaned to Rotherham they played at Brentford. I lived locally and and thought I'd take a look at him - he scored a goal, possibly two and I thought..."here's one for the future". Just showed how much I know about football really.

When Druce was loaned to Rotherham they played at Brentford. I lived locally and and thought I'd take a look at him - he scored a goal, possibly two and I thought..."here's one for the future". Just showed how much I know about football really.
From what I remember, when we loaned Druce to Rotherham he scored 4 in 6 games. They then made it permanent and he never scored another goal for them.

Back
Top Bottom