Dot Counting 10,000 for Bolton?

Attendance tracking
reckon itll be close to 9.5k on tues night too (V Pompey)

No midnight count last night, but an 8am one instead.

Good sales of over 400 net (as @Thecurraghofkildare mentioned yesterday some seats were added back in to Block 8, meaning actual sales were close to 500) leaving us at 7,750.

It's interesting to note that we're over 100 ahead of sales for Bolton last season at this stage. That game ended up at 8,277 home fans, and just over 10,000 in total. Of course we now restrict the away fans to approx 300 less than last season, so I don't think we'll hit the mark today. It would be nice to surpass the 8,277 figure from last season, and that would give us a total of about 9,750 on the assumption that Bolton have sold out.

I'm going to hedge my bets a bit and forecast 9,650/9,750 as the total attendance.
So 8,162 home fans in the end, 115 fewer than the corresponding figure last year. I was surprised that Bolton had 150 unsold, and if they had sold out then my 9,650 lower estimate would have been spot on. (y)

I doubt that I'll do another dot count this season, possibly for the Accrington game, if it ends up being a "winner takes all" climax to the season, but I really hope that we're not in that situation! Thanks all for taking an interest, and thanks to @Thecurraghofkildare for your assistance, it's been emotional...............

The dinosaur train unions who basically want a huge pay rise for a slightly different job spec have been spoiling match days for too long.

You can’t plan an away day when advance tickets are 12 weeks or 6 weeks before, but a train strike can be announced with 14 days notice. Factor in people booking their off-days too.

Although some of the routes to Barnsley weren’t affected by the Cross Country strike , the ridiculous on the day and very few advance tickets left meant our away crowd was lower than normal.

your first sentence is nonsense, are you Harper in disguise?

To be fair, I'm sure the only reason the rail workers are on strike is to ruin MarkG's matchdays
As long as MG is ok, safety, ticket office closures, job losses and other associated rail worker rights can go to hell as far as he is concerned. Perhaps he should shadow a real on the shop floor rail worker for a week and then come back and tell us how he feels then. (And before anyone asks - I have in the not too distant past ran several of my own businesses one with over 25 employees for 12 yrs and I'm not a militant. I just take a huge interest in why there is industrial action being taken and for so long - along with why an rail employee is still resolute in losing wages and seemingly having no end in sight and this to me is worth looking into to the whys and what for in this long running dispute. I'm sure Mick Lynch has seen this dinosaur quote and thought do you know what...I'll continue this dispute so Oxford's away attendance suffers!)

Unfortunately, the poor away attendances he mentions are at times a stark and strange phenomenon with OUFC. The 2.2k down on Derby from last season had f*ck all to do with industrial action and probably more to do with supporters already striking one off the wrist last season in completing another new ground! However, Barnsley last Saturday was a bit of a disappointment after such a great win midweek at Derby with around 43 down from last season. Unfortunately, for any number crunching analysts - we have for some reason a support base that fluctuates perversely. Sometimes, too perversely.

COYY'S

As long as MG is ok, safety, ticket office closures, job losses and other associated rail worker rights can go to hell as far as he is concerned. Perhaps he should shadow a real on the shop floor rail worker for a week and then come back and tell us how he feels then. (And before anyone asks - I have in the not too distant past ran several of my own businesses one with over 25 employees for 12 yrs and I'm not a militant. I just take a huge interest in why there is industrial action being taken and for so long - along with why an rail employee is still resolute in losing wages and seemingly having no end in sight and this to me is worth looking into to the whys and what for in this long running dispute. I'm sure Mick Lynch has seen this dinosaur quote and thought do you know what...I'll continue this dispute so Oxford's away attendance suffers!)

Unfortunately, the poor away attendances he mentions are at times a stark and strange phenomenon with OUFC. The 2.2k down on Derby from last season had f*ck all to do with industrial action and probably more to do with supporters already striking one off the wrist last season in completing another new ground! However, Barnsley last Saturday was a bit of a disappointment after such a great win midweek at Derby with around 43 down from last season. Unfortunately, for any number crunching analysts - we have for some reason a support base that fluctuates perversely. Sometimes, too perversely.

COYY'S
On your points regarding Derby then it is understandable that numbers were down. We were going into the game with just 1 win, beaten on the previous 2 away games, last season was 1st day of the season (would we sell out Cambridge away mid week or in the middle of the season), it was also a Tuesday night and can be problematic with motorways and public transport.

Barnsley I’d have expected a few more but not by many. We only played there back in April (640 made that one) and we usually get beaten there. In fact I can’t remember how long since we won there but it was a long long time ago! It was also the 2nd away game in the space of 5 days. Some away days as well, start to lose their appeal once we have played there several times in a few years and that will usually mean less numbers, especially the games up north.

The next away game in the league is Lincoln on 9th September and I’d expect a decent turn out for that after a few very good wins and 2 home games on the bounce so hopefully fans have saved a few spare pennies.

Much more to the point, just spotted the green "Dot Counting" sub heading. The stuff of legend.

Of course, it will need changing when the dots are replaced by small ox heads.

Back
Top Bottom