Dot Counting 10,000 - Charlton Game?

Attendance tracking
Rail strike again next weekend will make it tricky for Exiles and Charlton fans

We've got a week to make it happen us fans have done it before it's time to do it again. The boys deserve a full house next week

Last edited:
I love the enthusiasm around 10k games, but it's Bank Holiday weekend and a lot of people will be away. We generally see lower gates in August, and I think we'll fall short next weekend.

If we want to collectively promote a game, then I think we should go all out for the Port Vale game the following week which would otherwise be a less attractive game, but will be after payday and the weekend before kids go back to school.

I love the enthusiasm around 10k games, but it's Bank Holiday weekend and a lot of people will be away. We generally see lower gates in August, and I think we'll fall short next weekend.

If we want to collectively promote a game, then I think we should go all out for the Port Vale game the following week which would otherwise be a less attractive game, but will be after payday and the weekend before kids go back to school.
Yep, I would put energy elsewhere - a bank holiday weekend in August is too unpredictable for a 10,000 I think.

Will be disappointing it we don’t pull in around 9000 though after the last week.

Free tickets for Kidlington Residents?

We need to encourage as many as possible to invest in the club, both emotionally and financially. There is some evidence to suggest that free tickets are less productive long term. Maybe those on local social media sites could regularly promote the upcoming games and offers such as the one from Jack FM.

I know these things can change in an instance, but being at the right end of the table and bringing in crowds of around 10k week in, week out, can only be a positive thing for OCC and others when it comes to making their decisions on the Triangle.

Last edited:

Abandoned the Positive Bus? ;)

As posted above, August Bank Holiday weekend, towards the end of the school holidays, train strike etc will nullify any positive bounce.

We`ve got the plasterers in for 3 days so I might try and escape, although the prospects of the M40/A34 on a BH weekend could easily deter me!

As posted above, August Bank Holiday weekend, towards the end of the school holidays, train strike etc will nullify any positive bounce.

We`ve got the plasterers in for 3 days so I might try and escape, although the prospects of the M40/A34 on a BH weekend could easily deter me!
Don't touch the A34, go on to J8a, through Wheatley to the ground that way.

Back
Top Bottom