Tickets 10,000 v Accrington

Out of interest, how will the club manage on the day sales considering there are so few tickets left?

I suspect they'll just allocate each space until we're sold out. Online sales normally stop 3 hours prior to kickoff so we'll know exactly what's left by 9am.

The only thing is that there may be some work done on making more seats available if demand is high in the morning, possibly sneaking the division in the North stand over by a couple of rows, but suspect they'd have already done that if able.

I suspect they'll just allocate each space until we're sold out. Online sales normally stop 3 hours prior to kickoff so we'll know exactly what's left by 9am.

The only thing is that there may be some work done on making more seats available if demand is high in the morning, possibly sneaking the division in the North stand over by a couple of rows, but suspect they'd have already done that if able.
Your talking like the people behind the scenes are organised…

I was bored earlier so done a bit of working out.

Our average attendance at the Kassam this season currently stands at 8297 from the previous 22 league games.

Last season was the highest average we've had since the late 90's with 8463 being the average from the 23 league games.

If we end up with an attendance tomorrow of 10,200 our average will jump to 8380 from 23 games which is remarkable considering we've had a rubbish season.

We can't quite match last season's average or better it as it would require a final game attendance of 12110 but it's looking likely we will only be around 1500 short.

A drop of 1500 bums on seats on the overall yearly figure considering the dross we've had on show and the amount of midweek games due to postponements is really good.

Next season we should be looking at getting the average closer to 9k.

Our average attendance at the Kassam this season currently stands at 8297 from the previous 22 league games.

Last season was the highest average we've had since the late 90's with 8463 being the average from the 23 league games.

If we end up with an attendance tomorrow of 10,200 our average will jump to 8380 from 23 games which is remarkable considering we've had a rubbish season.

We can't quite match last season's average or better it as it would require a final game attendance of 12110 but it's looking likely we will only be around 1500 short.

A drop of 1500 bums on seats on the overall yearly figure considering the dross we've had on show and the amount of midweek games due to postponements is really good.

I said the same a few days back. I think that you would have to go back to the early 90's to find average attendance figures better than these last two seasons, which considering everything this season is exceptional.

I agree that we need a three year plan to build towards moving into our new stadium, and that should be based on 9k next season, 9.5k the season after and 10k for our final season at the Kassam, with several sell outs.

Next season we'll have Reading, Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers, and 4 out of Peterborough, Derby, Bolton, Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday. All likely to sell out the away end. In addition Wycombe, and possibly MK and Northampton are close enough and Leyton Orient and maybe Bradford should make for an increase in away followings.

I would also like to see initiatives to push our crowds against some of the lesser teams, and need to consider moving the segregation over a section like we're doing tomorrow when we know there no chance of selling the away allocation.

There has been so much frustration this season across all areas of the club, but so much to be hopeful for next season if we can start putting things right.

Agreed. Which is why 16k capacity is a bit of a shame. We are growing club and it’s not day trippers or glory hunters. We have a bigger core support than I can ever remember and growth breeds growth.

If we were championship with 3000 away fans I think we’d happily pull in 15-20k a week

Last edited:
Just looking at it, looks like around 1/4 of the extra seats in the north stand have sold, with just single seats left in All other areas except the very left side of the SSL.

Agreed. Which is why 16k capacity is a bit of a shame. We are growing club and it’s not day trippers or glory hunters. We have a bigger core support than I can ever remember and growth breeds growth.

If we were championship with 3000 away fans I think we’d happily pull in 15-20k a week

I think the 16 k will be fine in the championship , it would only ever be a problem if we reached the heights of the premier league. 2k away fans and 14 k home fans is still very much growing the club.

I just done some further calculations with how many away fans we had through the turnstiles at the Kassam, a few factors have made this figure lower than last year including a reduction in the max number permitted to around 1490, Barnsley, Cheltenham games being rescheduled to mid week and the Charlton game being between Christmas and New year.

Average away attendance this season is 782 which will come down slightly after the visit of Accrington is added but that means our home support only is an average of 7510. As you can see there is plenty of room to expand our fan base in the new stadium.

I couldn't resist an early morning count, as I noticed that @Thecurraghofkildare did a midnight one.

9,825 "normal" home sales, 290 in boxes, and 190 Accrington fans, has us at 10,305 at the moment. 260 of the 660 in Block 26 of the NS have sold. We're looking for 195 walk ups, or early morning online sales, to hit 10,500. It's going to the wire!

Off to get ready for the journey to the game.

I think the 16 k will be fine in the championship , it would only ever be a problem if we reached the heights of the premier league. 2k away fans and 14 k home fans is still very much growing the club.

I just done some further calculations with how many away fans we had through the turnstiles at the Kassam, a few factors have made this figure lower than last year including a reduction in the max number permitted to around 1490, Barnsley, Cheltenham games being rescheduled to mid week and the Charlton game being between Christmas and New year.

Average away attendance this season is 782 which will come down slightly after the visit of Accrington is added but that means our home support only is an average of 7510. As you can see there is plenty of room to expand our fan base in the new stadium.
Attendances would increase for going up a division, but additionally for the attraction of a decent stadium that we own.

Colin B has previously posted that studies have shown 18k would be the size of stadium we should be going for.

Fortunately, this should be 150... (used to teach maths)

194,645 people come through the turnstiles last season adding up all the attendances of the 23 league games.

182,529 people have come through the turnstiles this season adding all the attendances up from the previous 22 league games.

10,500 ish today will mean a drop in 1616 coming through the turnstiles this year combining the full 23 league games.

Considering the season we've had I was expecting a bigger drop in numbers.

Hope this explains it.

9.15am update

9851 normal sales, 290 in boxes and 190 Accy fans means that the current estimated total sales figure stands at 10,331.

There are 553 home seats left for sale now, which are split:

47 seats left in the South Stand Upper with 3 nice seats together in Block 10 (for anyone thinking of a late booking!)
73 seats left in the South Stand Lower (mainly in Block 1)
433 seats left in North Stand (57 in normal sections and 376 in Block 26 with 284 out of the 660 seats now sold in that block).

It’s possible we could have more than spectators than Bournemouth had yesterday in the Premier League?????????

10499. Very cruel on @Colin B
I just hope if there's anyone reading this, who was thinking of going, but didn't, that they are thoroughly ashamed of themselves!

Think of the symmetry, the perfect symmetry that your non attendance has ruined. I shall look at this attendance figure of 10,499 all summer, with tears in my eyes, thinking of what might have been!!!! 😭😭

Back
Top Bottom