Tickets 10,000 v Accrington

Colin B

Chief Dot Counter
OK, I know what you're thinking, but it's not as far fetched as it might seem!

I've just done a dot count, on a boring Bank Holiday Monday, and am surprised to see how well home sales are going. We've sold just shy of 8,100 at the moment, which is about 1,000 more than most of the bigger games at midnight on the Monday before the game. Given that we've got an extra day of sales, due to the game being on a Sunday, that we're now safe from relegation meaning it's probably the first home league game that we can actually enjoy this season, and it's another Bank Holiday Weekend, what do we think?

I've also looked at the last game of the season, last year, verses Doncaster, and we are about 500 ahead of sales at the same stage. We ended up with 8,700 home sales for that one. So, my thinking is, 8,700 plus the 500 we're already ahead = 9,200. An extra day of sales, a Bank Holiday, plus a better feel about the place now that we're safe, giving us an extra 300/400 = 9,500/9,600 plus the away fans. Now I know Accrington don't travel well, but just suppose Cambridge slip up on Wednesday, and Accrington still have a slim chance of staying up, they might just bring 400 or 500 fans down for their biggest game in several seasons, meaning 10,000 could be done.

Or should I stop drinking at Bank Holidays? Come on, buy those tickets, and give an old dot counter one last moment of excitement until next season!!!

That Barnsley equaliser at MKD probably means 10,000 for the final game is unlikely. .

OK, I know what you're thinking, but it's not as far fetched as it might seem!

I've just done a dot count, on a boring Bank Holiday Monday, and am surprised to see how well home sales are going. We've sold just shy of 8,100 at the moment, which is about 1,000 more than most of the bigger games at midnight on the Monday before the game. Given that we've got an extra day of sales, due to the game being on a Sunday, that we're now safe from relegation meaning it's probably the first home league game that we can actually enjoy this season, and it's another Bank Holiday Weekend, what do we think?

I've also looked at the last game of the season, last year, verses Doncaster, and we are about 500 ahead of sales at the same stage. We ended up with 8,700 home sales for that one. So, my thinking is, 8,700 plus the 500 we're already ahead = 9,200. An extra day of sales, a Bank Holiday, plus a better feel about the place now that we're safe, giving us an extra 300/400 = 9,500/9,600 plus the away fans. Now I know Accrington don't travel well, but just suppose Cambridge slip up on Wednesday, and Accrington still have a slim chance of staying up, they might just bring 400 or 500 fans down for their biggest game in several seasons, meaning 10,000 could be done.

Or should I stop drinking at Bank Holidays? Come on, buy those tickets, and give an old dot counter one last moment of excitement until next season!!!
Accrington are more likely to bring 40 or 50, rather than 400 or 500. They are relegated; it’s a 12:00 kickoff and a 400 mile round trip.

Can't we move the segregation over and open up another block in the north stand? Accrington will bring around 100 if we're lucky.

Anyone want slightly cheaper tickets for this game, jack Fm are offering 2 adult tickets for £26 in the ssl.

Be quick though there was over 80 pairs available yesterday when I checked and now only 30 remain.

Yep not only do they need results to go their way they need a 16 goal swing on goal difference as well.

Yep no chance. They are down and I would be surprised if they bring anymore than 100.

Can't we move the segregation over and open up another block in the north stand? Accrington will bring around 100 if we're lucky.
sadly not - due to access to facilities under the north stand

Our slum landlords cheapskate breeze block isn't fit for purpose, the sooner we're out of his moneygrabbing clutches the better

This is exactly the sort of game the club should be promoting.
In fact they could have linked it with the Cheltenham game,buy two get on half price.
They should be saying last chance to see the lads for three months,children half price,family day savings etc.
Also they should really be pushing ST’s should be a price reduction after the shite we’ve had to endure for most of the season
The least Williams and Ferguson could do is get out on the pitch and thank the fans

This is exactly the sort of game the club should be promoting.
In fact they could have linked it with the Cheltenham game,buy two get on half price.
They should be saying last chance to see the lads for three months,children half price,family day savings etc.
Also they should really be pushing ST’s should be a price reduction after the shite we’ve had to endure for most of the season
The least Williams and Ferguson could do is get out on the pitch and thank the fans
I think that at this stage, the key thing is the ST offering and getting as many sold as possible.
The new Commercial guy came with good comments about him. I would hope that he must be working towards next season and STs of course to start with.
Have Oxvox had discussions with him ( I know that had been planned?)

Difficult to remember that we took over 3,000 to Derby in the blind optimism of the first game of the season. The severely reduced travelling support at Barnsley tells its own story.

The highs & lows of following our club.

Memories made - "Least likely looking drug dealer ever"
Stupid questions - "Do you have the prescription with you for the painkiller meds?"

All the way to reaching the end of the season against "Who are they?" :ROFLMAO:

And we keep coming back for more.

Back
Top Bottom