Dot Counting 10,000 for Bolton?

Attendance tracking
I have home seat sales still a bit lower than you Colin

At 10.30am I had 2,368 seats remaining so only 120 sales since 1.30pm yesterday.

Remaining seats per stand and per block are:

South Stand Lower 285 (14/50/49/7/1/10/76/78)
South Stand Upper 504 (234/18/10/0/13/15/214)
East Stand 722 (123/152/54/80/107/206)
North Stand 857 (218/70/239/330)

North Stand sales in particular are slow with 300+ seats left in the central block 25.

That gives me (working off a capacity figure of 9,554 excluding front rows which aren't up for sale) total home seat sales of 7,186 so far.

Add in an estimated 1700 for corporate boxes and away fans, and that takes us to an estimated 8,886 sales so far.

Better sales yesterday, leaving us at about 7,350 at midnight. This is 400 below the Sheff Wed game at the same stage, so I'd say 10,000 is very unlikely now. On current sales I'll say somewhere between 9,500 and 9,700 assuming Bolton sell out and all boxes are full.

It's not bad, but I find it frustrating that a bit more of a push from the club (including making sure the ticket site doesn't tell you the next game is against Sheff Wed!) and we may have broken the 10,000 barrier. It still feels as though the club is in some kind of state of limbo.
Being charitable, the new fella hasn't been in the post very long. But I think he's been in there long enough to start making some impact on our awful communications.

We've had a cost of living crisis and a pretty awful season, yet our attendance figures have held up well.

We're currently averaging 8259 per game and an average of 9500 (not impossible giving our current position) per game from here on in would see us exceed last seasons average, at a time when we have reduced the away capacity. Even falling short of last years figures would see an increase in home fans.

Last seaaon I was one of those constantly pushing the 10k+ games and it's frustrating that the club haven't upped their game with marketing and promoting games. This was the same at the end of last season, with the season ticket "launch" and once again this season, and is part of the ongoing communication issues with the club.

But let's not have this constant dig at whether fans attend or not. We all have different circumstances and levels of disposable income, and we all have a choice on how we spend that. Not going to games for any reason is not a "cop out". Nor should fans have been described as "melts" for not going to the Wycombe game by a poster who then didn't attend either! We're supposed to be Oxford UNITED not arguing about who is the better fan!

reckon itll be close to a 9.5 k gate for Saturdays game

We've had a cost of living crisis and a pretty awful season, yet our attendance figures have held up well.

We're currently averaging 8259 per game and an average of 9500 (not impossible giving our current position) per game from here on in would see us exceed last seasons average, at a time when we have reduced the away capacity. Even falling short of last years figures would see an increase in home fans.
Putting that into perspective, that is amazing support.
I appreciate that includes STs whether supporters go or not, which shows how important ST sales are.
I am expecting a huge attempt on STs for next season (I assume the new Commercial manager is doing a lot of work on this).
Regardless, hopefully crowds continue to hold up for the remaining games this season

Now had the ‘considering’ been down to the downright dreadful marketing of our games, I could understand it to a degree.

If on the other hand, it is due to us having our first really really poor season for quite some time then imo, that is a cop out. I’m not sure support of the football club can be measured by success on the pitch given we are a LG1 football club.

For instance, should the crowd be 9,500 on Saturday, does 8,000 home fans represent a particularly good turn out? Personally and considering the magnitude of the game, I don’t think it does. If you compare and contrast, the scum has 9,200 at the skip for a dead rubber last Saturday (600 Mansfield).

NB: Great work Colin! Never mind the Boardroom, the club could do with you in the marketing department,

By my reckoning we have won only one game in the last 24 played. Which I don’t recall us having such a bad run in my lifetime …even that awful Kemp season.

I’d say a crowd of 9500 in a soulless stadium for a team that doesn’t score goals or win is pretty decent.

For the record I’m booking my flight home today for Accrington last day of the season. Clearly a game that matters!

Last edited:
Quick sales update at 1.45pm on Friday

Seats remaining are now 2,279 (295 SSL, 472 SSU, 703 ES, 809 NS) so a net 89 sales in the past 3 hours (sales higher but some additional seats (approx 40) were made available in Block 8 of the SSL). That brings estimated home seat sales to 7,275 and overall sales to an estimated 8,975.

Quick sales update at 1.45pm on Friday

Seats remaining are now 2,279 (295 SSL, 472 SSU, 703 ES, 809 NS) so a net 89 sales in the past 3 hours (sales higher but some additional seats (approx 40) were made available in Block 8 of the SSL). That brings estimated home seat sales to 7,275 and overall sales to an estimated 8,975.
Does this include away fans?

Does this include away fans?
Hi Steve

Yes that total figure assumes 1700 for Bolton fans and the home boxes combined - - the add-on figure could be slightly higher at 1,770 (box capacity if all are full is 290 and away capacity can get up to 1,480) but have just rounded it down slightly to 1,700 as not seen anywhere that Bolton have sold out (although no tickets left available to buy on their website yesterday so assuming they have).

Will do another count now.

Update as of 9.30pm on Friday evening

Remaining seats are now 2,055 meaning a net 313 sales today since my 10.30am count.

The seats left are split:

South Stand Lower 262 (16/48/25/4/0/7/51/111)
South Stand Upper 448 (205/19/10/0/9/14/191)
East Stand 635 (114/129/46/48/100/198)
North Stand 710 (197/29/200/284)

Still lots of prime seats in Block 25 in the middle of the North Stand for those who haven't bought yet!

Overall that brings home seats sales to 7,499 and estimated total sales (adding away fans and executive boxes) to 9,199.

We should sell some more this evening and 250+ on the day so I think we will be around 9,500-9,600 overall assuming Bolton have sold out their allocation.

No midnight count last night, but an 8am one instead.

Good sales of over 400 net (as @Thecurraghofkildare mentioned yesterday some seats were added back in to Block 8, meaning actual sales were close to 500) leaving us at 7,750.

It's interesting to note that we're over 100 ahead of sales for Bolton last season at this stage. That game ended up at 8,277 home fans, and just over 10,000 in total. Of course we now restrict the away fans to approx 300 less than last season, so I don't think we'll hit the mark today. It would be nice to surpass the 8,277 figure from last season, and that would give us a total of about 9,750 on the assumption that Bolton have sold out.

I'm going to hedge my bets a bit and forecast 9,650/9,750 as the total attendance.

Update at 10am on Saturday morning - another 111 sales since 9.30pm last night so that brings the estimated overall total up to 9,310 now.

12.45pm update and pleased to report it's been a busy morning with another 158 sales since 10am, taking the overall estimated sales to date up to 9,468.

There are 1,786 home seats left, split 229 South Stand Lower, 407 South Stand Upper, 551 East Stand and 599 North Stand.

Sorry, I missed this. Is this on H&S grounds, or a choice we’ve made to offer more seats to home fans?
TVP advice. Has been like it all season. I personally don’t have a problem with it, as I don’t think we should give the away fans more seats than we have to, and 1,480 is above the 10% that they’re entitled to anyway.

TVP advice. Has been like it all season. I personally don’t have a problem with it, as I don’t think we should give the away fans more seats than we have to, and 1,480 is above the 10% that they’re entitled to anyway.
Ah, I see. Thanks Colin.

Back
Top Bottom