• Sub: O'Donker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Fleming

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, one of the best results of the season. It wasn’t pretty to watch, we didn’t really look like scoring, but a great result nevertheless.

I felt that 1 point total from today and Friday’s game was the best we could hope for, so now we have a “free hit” Friday.

f*****g ell, Chris Williams is s bell end. Get someone else doing the interviews. Owing as hell

• Haha
Reactions: BDJ
Accrington remaining fixtures are:
Home to Port Vale, Cambridge, Peterborough, Fleetwood.
Away to Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Bolton and Us
They may pick up a few but I can't see anymore than 10 points being achieved.

Morecambe remaining fixtures are:
Home to Plymouth, Wycombe, Lincoln
Away to Exeter, Charlton and Portsmouth
Can't see them picking up anymore than 6 points

Cambridge remaining fixtures are:
Home to Fleetwood, Peterborough, Wycombe, FGR
Away to Plymouth, Bolton, Burton and Accrington
Max of 10 points but more than likely less

Mk dons remaining fixtures are:
Home to Portsmouth, Barnsley, Charlton and Cheltenham
Away to Derby, Fleetwood and Burton
They will achieve 9 points I reckon.

So I reckon we need 7 points to stay up especially with our GD acting like another point.
7 points from these games will see us to safety
Home to Sheff Wed, Bolton, Portsmouth, Cheltenham, Accrington
Away to Port Vale, Barnsley, Forest Green
It's looking like it might all come down to the Accrington home game last day of the season.

Accrington will be looking at their home fixtures particularly vs Cambridge, Vale and Fleetwood as very winnable games.

One other standout difference yesterday was our composure when mistakes happened or particularly if the ref made a decision we didn’t like. I noticed towards the end that Brannagan just allowed himself to throw his arms in the air at the referee for the first time in 80/85 mins and Smyth made a conscious effort to refocus him and send him back to face up the free kick. We’ve been ‘woe is me’ all year. Brilliant to see the team acting like adults in control of our own destiny.

The more I see of Smyth the more I feel he’s got a big future here. His decision making in the final mins after coming on was excellent and it looks like he could be a leader of sorts and be effective in a few positions. Really pleased for him.

What I took from the game was that we were able to defend as a unit and the best we could hope for was a smash and grab win.
People on here saying we were never likely to score, that is true but Peterborough are a very good side.
If Manning continues to set up like this we will attack more against PV , Bolton,Pompey, FGR, Cheltenham and Accrington.
SW and Barnsley I expect to see more of what we saw yesterday

What I took from the game was that we were able to defend as a unit and the best we could hope for was a smash and grab win.
People on here saying we were never likely to score, that is true but Peterborough are a very good side.
If Manning continues to set up like this we will attack more against PV , Bolton,Pompey, FGR, Cheltenham and Accrington.
Good points made. My only concern is that we are not scoring goals, as we know that this is the main issue and where will the goals come from?. How far off is Bodin from returning?. What has happened to the two January transfer loanee’s ?

My main criticism has been that we are far too easy to run through. It gives me great belief that Manning has seen this as first priority.
Being hard to beat gives you a shot at the points even when confidence is low, and although we won't see a free flowing oufc for a while, I'm optimistic that we can give a couple more of these type performances plus scrape a couple of wins to keep us up.
A really good start for me.

Mrs L and myself are of the opinion that Murphy has responded to the arrival of Manning. We both saw an improvement in effort and effectiveness with a fair bit of touchline coaching from Manning. He may not be the wunderkind that KR spouted on about but he is certainly not as some have described him. He and Long showed that the right side has defensive frailties but, they kept at it and we didn't concede so, they must have got somethings right.

I can’t see Morecambe getting another win. They are gone in my opinion. I rate Cambridge’s chances of catching us more than Morecambe. They have 2 more games, for a start, and more of them are winnable. It looks bleak for Morecambe.

Accrington’s next game vs Port Vale is must win as otherwise they could be out of it by the time they next have a genuine chance for 3 points.

I think we just need to focus on what we do and get another 8 points on the board. If Mk can get 10 points from 4 games from the position they were in, regardless of the opponent, we can certainly get 8 from 8. I think we’ll win 3 of our remaining games.

I can’t see Morecambe getting another win. They are gone in my opinion. I rate Cambridge’s chances of catching us more than Morecambe. They have 2 more games, for a start, and more of them are winnable. It looks bleak for Morecambe.

Accrington’s next game vs Port Vale is must win as otherwise they could be out of it by the time they next have a genuine chance for 3 points.

I think we just need to focus on what we do and get another 8 points on the board. If Mk can get 10 points from 4 games from the position they were in, regardless of the opponent, we can certainly get 8 from 8. I think we’ll win 3 of our remaining games.

It'd be a nice parting gift if Taylor pulled it out of the bag and did us one last good turn by thrashing accrington.

Manning has been pragmatic.
First tighten up the defence. On that it is a teriffic start. Only 4 teams in L1 have scored more than Peterborough's 65 goals this season. So with our form, keeping a clean sheet is a real positive.
I suspect that he will try and do the same this season.
That means we hopefully will only need a goal ot 2 a game to get the odd win ( all that we need)

It'd be a nice parting gift if Taylor pulled it out of the bag and did us one last good turn by thrashing accrington.
Not done a lot for them so far but we can hope! Can’t rely on Stevens anymore since he’s been dropped for the last 6 or 7 games…

Mrs L and myself are of the opinion that Murphy has responded to the arrival of Manning. We both saw an improvement in effort and effectiveness with a fair bit of touchline coaching from Manning. He may not be the wunderkind that KR spouted on about but he is certainly not as some have described him. He and Long showed that the right side has defensive frailties but, they kept at it and we didn't concede so, they must have got somethings right.
I have a feeling that when he gets a few games under his belt he may come good and create the chances we are looking for.
Don’t expect that v SW and Barnsley, in fact I would bring him on in those two games if it’s still close. Against PV and the rest of our home games we might see more of the player that was so exiting v Charlton because I expect us to open up more

You could see Manning has been addressing the issue’s that have plagued us.
Back 4 more solid
Frontline working defensively including Murphy.
Thought they both were quality yesterday, a deeper 2 of Brannagan and McQuane . We’re not leaving the full backs exposed. Awareness and prepared to block around the box.

I think we have to assume Murphy is a member of this forum 🤣

Whilst not MOTM, it was Murphy's best performance (other than his little 25 minute cameo against Charlton IIRC). He worked hard, was disciplined in position and while not having much opportunity to get forward, was more interested than at anyother time in a Oxford shirt. Of course, people will rightly claim, that's the minimum expectations but Manning may have got him in the zone for a change.

We were very good yesterday. Manning talked and gave lots of instructions to Moore, Murphy, Wildschut, Joesph and Cameron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom