• Draw

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • OUFC win

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, terrible isn't it. Let's not even bother.

You're probably right but it doesn't make it any easier reading posts like this. Much easier though it is to lie on the sofa and watch the game and I've done that a few times this season, the cancellation of the rail strike has encouraged me to get a ticket and go. An easy and not to expensive train journey from London and a brisk walk to the ground.

I completely empathise with those who won't or can't go for any number of reasons and I'm certainly not having a pop, it's just continued defeatist posts like this that have me rolling my eyes.
A point out of the game would be a huge result. April is looking like a horrible month for us. If we play to our potential this is what I can see:
Peterborough (A) L
Wednesday (H) L
Vale (A) D
Bolton (H) L
Portsmouth (H) D
Barnsley (A) L
Cheltenham (H) W
FGR (A) W

Might leave us in with a shot of survival v Accrington? Maybe you do roll your eyes but if Manning keeps us up with this run of fixtures I consider it a minor miracle.

The relegation, as I have said, will be on the board.

If MK stay up after sacking Manning and we go down after employing him, then that really doesn't look like the best decision anyone has ever made. I hope he keeps us up and goes on to do very well but.......

When a manager is replaced it’s not uncommon for those making the decision to select a a new manager with opposite personality traits to the previous incumbent. Intentionally or not the board appeared to have gone down that route.

Robinson loved all the self promotion media stuff, whether it be in house, local or national. Manning appears to be a very different character.

I got the feeling with Manning especially just after his announcement as the new manager, he was doing all the interviews and media obligations just because he knew it was part of the job, not because he particularly enjoyed it. Sure he was excited to get the job and that showed, but at the same time I suspect he sees himself as a hands on coach and just wants to get onto the training pitches to impart his ideas and philosophy to the players and coaching staff, not sat in front of a microphone.

That’s not to say he shouldn’t do the media stuff, that clearly is part of the job in today’s world, but I reckon we’ll see a lot less of it from Manning than we did from Robinson. Personally I don’t think that’s a bad thing, less is more in some situations.
I’m obviously doing a pretty shoddy job of making my point as it’s being taken as though I want a poster of him on my wall or loved the idea of Karl Robinson playing the part of Wolf of Wall Street with a smoulder. I couldn’t give a toss - I don’t even have social media!

I’d never have made this point had someone not called fans out for low attendances. I’m also not suggesting Liam Manning should become some sort of page 3 girl because it looks good.

I’m saying specifically that those that feel horribly detached from the club right now may need someone to believe in because, let’s be honest, who at the club was there to believe in before Manning arrived? Not one.

So… going back to the point - attendances. promote the new shiny thing that’s giving people hope for these last 9 games. Connect fans with him. Do something that makes them feel there is someone at the club is genuinely valuing their support. It doesn’t have to take him away from the more important things and just might get a few 50/50 fans to travel.

Last edited:
It shouldn’t be up to LM to do the public relations stuff 24/7, but the football club as a whole is beyond terrible at making people give a toss. Somebody should be generating content and trying to engage the fan base, and the likes of our beloved CEO should be more visible. Thomas was a cock but was a good marketeer and understood the value of visibility, as did Ashton. Even Eales bought us a bloody banger.

Manning should be doing nothing but his job where possible right now, but nobody else appears to be doing theirs. That is the issue.
Let’s face it Eales & Ashton were a top combo and made the club seem alive and vibrant.
Add in Appleton and winning side- bingo.
The present owners and heirachy are just too remote and even invisible virtually.
It feels like we are just descending in every way- we’re not, but no one is telling us anything different.

We are descending on Peterborough, so to speak. All out for the 3 points. No easy games - not even FGR. Accrington last game jitters. Failed to beat Morcambe. Saturday possibly the best chance if the away win we gonna require.

Still have this dark cloud hanging over us and it is difficult to shift while we fail to pick up decent points.
Having travelled a few times to Peterborough and never seen us win, I think it best if I try avoiding this one. Shitty away section anyway.
A draw is likely the best we can grab.☹️

Sulking :ROFLMAO: Excuse me, have you actually read the post, simpleton.
I'm simply agreeing with EC and Ryan, saying it could be apathy away crowds havent increased.
Try reading what is there, assuming you can read, who's talking of dismissing the manager?? Who is sulking??
Idiot! mannering has 10 games and a 3 point head start to save us. As many have said its a mini league of 10 games.
He's got my full support in the process. Do I think he was the right one? No, but sulking??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤡
Yes, I’m happy to confirm that I can read, Mr Mellow. If I couldn’t, then Bristol University’s English Department would have a lot to answer for.
(You might like to know that there are at least eight grammatical errors in your vile diatribe).

A point out of the game would be a huge result. April is looking like a horrible month for us. If we play to our potential this is what I can see:
Peterborough (A) L
Wednesday (H) L
Vale (A) D
Bolton (H) L
Portsmouth (H) D
Barnsley (A) L
Cheltenham (H) W
FGR (A) W

Might leave us in with a shot of survival v Accrington? Maybe you do roll your eyes but if Manning keeps us up with this run of fixtures I consider it a minor miracle.

If we pull out that run of results, then we'll have 45 points going into the Accrington game.

Given the current form, lack of quality and the fixture lists of the teams below us, as well as our superior goal difference, I would predict that would be enough to keep us out of the relegation zone, and likely only needing a point against Accy. In fact, if someone right now offered me 45 points on the board going into the Accrington game, I'd probably take it.

The problem with your predictions is that it would mean us going into the Cheltenham game having taken 4 points from our previous 17 games......and then expect us to turn it around and get 7 from the last 9 points available to stay up. Would be a hell of a houdini act!

It's why I think - from a psychological point-of-view if nothing else - we need to win one of our next six before those easy final three games. Doesn't matter who we beat, just win one (and maybe pick up draws in a couple of others). Vale would look the most likely, although I wouldn't put it past us to put in an Ipswich-type display in one of the three home games. But we'd all breathe a lot easier, I'm sure, if we could just pull it out the hat this Saturday somehow!

Peterborough (A) L
Wednesday (H) L
Vale (A) D
Bolton (H) L
Portsmouth (H) D
Barnsley (A) L
Cheltenham (H) W
FGR (A) W

You missed the point I was trying to make - we know things are precarious. It’s the ‘we will lose 3-0 and they have better players’ type posts I’m getting at.

It is a complete s**t-show, but I’m looking forward to a day out supporting MY team. Yes, it may end in tears but I’ll catch up with old and new faces and I’ll hope upon hope. Otherwise, what’s the point?

I will be there on Saturday. As has been mentioned, the players need all the support they can get. Even Mrs. Hob is going and she isn't really a football fan but she is well aware of the predicament we are in as I'm always telling her!!

Top man Mr & Mrs Hob! That’s the spirit.

Let’s get there in numbers, yellows!

Going to game. Reckon we’ll pull out a win.

Coming round to this possibility (maybe it's the fallow week). Morecambe was an anti-climax for sure, but I've got a sneeky feeling that we may just see a bit of spark this weekend.

Worth noting that Peterborough have lost 15 matches this season (including 5 at home) - they're hardly invincible. I recall back in October that they were flat-track bullies (and good at it). We started well that day, had our bellies tickled with two soft goals, but then did have them rattled at early 2nd half - you can get at them.

Also, despite everything this season we need to remember the odd positive:
- We're currently one of only 2 sides to 'nil' Wednesday at Hillsborough.
- One of only 3 sides to win at Bolton (the other two being Wednesday and Ipswich).
- One of only 4 sides to beat Ipswich anywhere (and the only one in the bottom half).

We can get results against the top teams with this ramshackle bunch.

F**k it, 2-0 Oxford in a display that is both physical but also tactically smart with two well taken goals - giving rise to some unexpected positivity on here Saturday night.

Coming round to this possibility (maybe it's the fallow week). Morecambe was an anti-climax for sure, but I've got a sneeky feeling that we may just see a bit of spark this weekend.

Worth noting that Peterborough have lost 15 matches this season (including 5 at home) - they're hardly invincible. I recall back in October that they were flat-track bullies (and good at it). We started well that day, had our bellies tickled with two soft goals, but then did have them rattled at early 2nd half - you can get at them.

Also, despite everything this season we need to remember the odd positive:
- We're currently one of only 2 sides to 'nil' Wednesday at Hillsborough.
- One of only 3 sides to win at Bolton (the other two being Wednesday and Ipswich).
- One of only 4 sides to beat Ipswich anywhere (and the only one in the bottom half).

We can get results against the top teams with this ramshackle bunch.

F**k it, 2-0 Oxford in a display that is both physical but also tactically smart with two well taken goals - giving rise to some unexpected positivity on here Saturday night.
2-1, late winner by Cam or a resurrected Henry.

Yes, I’m happy to confirm that I can read, Mr Mellow. If I couldn’t, then Bristol University’s English Department would have a lot to answer for.
(You might like to know that there are at least eight grammatical errors in your vile diatribe).
If you can read then you would notice that the points you attribute to me saying are not there, so I do hope you are not involved in any action research on behalf of the university, as your research skills are shite, just like your biased, personal references. 🤡
How about you concentrate on the job the team has coming up and focus your rather worrying stalking attributes on the football, rather than other members who couldnt give a toss where you work/study.

I'll get you started....Looks like we will have a good turn out after all at Posh. COYY

Manning is working very hard behind the scenes to put things back on an even keel
He doesn't need to continually come out and tell us how hard he's working, which in my experience is the sign of a lazy bastard
If the results improve, as most of us expect (they couldn't get much worse) then we'll all be happy
The evidence of hard work is seen in results not hot air, as the clown demonstrated.

Exaggeration craves a vacuum! Indeed it is patently nonsense to say that the board have no knowledge of football matters when individuals have been involved at league level if not Premier in several countries. It may not be employed in the correct fashion but that is a different matter.
It would be great to see more evidence of it though rubbing of on our club, rather than continued reference to their backgrounds and what the have done in the past

Watching the game on IFOLLOW using foreign VPN is a more attractive option than going
Sorry
I used to do that too but iFollow got wise to it. When I contacted them to say I was trying to watch the game from France they said it wasn’t working because I was using a vpn. They told me to turn off the vpn and it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom