• Sub: O'Donker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Fleming

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The low points total is what will save us if we do stay up, if this was a 50 point to stay up season we would be doomed but I reckon 45/46 should be enough, so two wins two draws.
Given some people were very quick to laud how many points we got while finishing eighth last season, it’s pretty delicious that even if we manage to avoid relegation (the very next season!) it’ll be with a points total that would’ve seen us down virtually any other year. A truly incredible swing of the pendulum. You can’t chuck your balls about over one unless you’re willing to have them cut off over the other.

I feel much better about the game now than I did immediately after the final whistle. A point is a decent return and that was never an issue for me, but I still struggle to watch us playing with such little impetus or quality. I’m really glad that the players are buying into what they’re being asked to do and I hope they’ll take some confidence and be buoyed by the game, because for the last eight games the only thing that matters is surviving by any means necessary, but it’s really hard to see us scrapping for our lives and acting as though drawing a game against a team who weren’t even in the playoff places at kick-off is some sort of massive upset. I get that we are where we are, what’s done is done and all that jazz, but my word we have fallen so far, so fast.

I pray that we can get the job done and that next season is nothing like this one, even if it isn’t necessarily glorious.

I always find it informative to look at the game through the eyes of sensible opposition supporters. I have just had an email from an ex-neighbour with whom I keep in touch.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Would like to say that it was a scintillating game full of creative skills, fantastic goalkeeping that kept the score to 0-0 but sadly I can't. It was Posh on a bad day making more sideways and backward passes than forward. Oxford were resolute, organised and often put their bodies on the line. They had two clear chances that should have been goals. A great run down the left ended with a shot when a pass across the area would have reached an unmarked player for a tap-in.. Second attempt ended with ball in the net but offside which with a look across the line and a 2 second wait would have put him onside,

Your management team seemed to be more pleased with a point than ours. There was rage and anger from Darren at such a lackluster performance. We dominated the last 30 minutes but your defence was solid and we ended with nothing to show. Oxford were definitely not the worst team we have seen and more performances like this one will keep them up. Moore, Brannagan and Wildschut were your best players.

we played our most attacking line up and still looked like we couldn’t score
Despite Wildschutt having the best chance of either side and more than once we sent in crosses that we couldn’t get anyone on the end of. This was a game to grind out a result, not one to play free flowing attacking football; they’d have torn us apart if we had.

A good point away to one of the stronger teams in the division and a clean sheet.
Manning I’d know for his passing, attacking football but he has shown today that he can also set a team up to be hard to beat and defend as a unit.

The remaining games is to get enough points to stay up and so far so good and I think we will do it. I am then excited to see what Manning can do once he can bring in his own players.

I reckon we need 6 to 7 more points.
No way will we need 50. I really can't see us needing 10 ( will Accrington get 14 more points? Very little chance I would have thought)

Accrington remaining fixtures are:
Home to Port Vale, Cambridge, Peterborough, Fleetwood.
Away to Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Bolton and Us
They may pick up a few but I can't see anymore than 10 points being achieved.

Morecambe remaining fixtures are:
Home to Plymouth, Wycombe, Lincoln
Away to Exeter, Charlton and Portsmouth
Can't see them picking up anymore than 6 points

Cambridge remaining fixtures are:
Home to Fleetwood, Peterborough, Wycombe, FGR
Away to Plymouth, Bolton, Burton and Accrington
Max of 10 points but more than likely less

Mk dons remaining fixtures are:
Home to Portsmouth, Barnsley, Charlton and Cheltenham
Away to Derby, Fleetwood and Burton
They will achieve 9 points I reckon.

So I reckon we need 7 points to stay up especially with our GD acting like another point.
7 points from these games will see us to safety
Home to Sheff Wed, Bolton, Portsmouth, Cheltenham, Accrington
Away to Port Vale, Barnsley, Forest Green

A good point away to one of the stronger teams in the division and a clean sheet.
Manning I’d know for his passing, attacking football but he has shown today that he can also set a team up to be hard to beat and defend as a unit.

The remaining games is to get enough points to stay up and so far so good and I think we will do it. I am then excited to see what Manning can do once he can bring in his own players.
I think that's an important thing to note. There were many on this forum saying for months and months that we couldn't have both in one single manager. Sometimes the grass IS greener.

I thought at the time that Manning should be able to get us out of this.
We probably need another 6 to 7 points. After a draw at the form team in the Division away from home, if we can't get those...... So not sure that it is a shocking mess ( as in keeping g us up which is his only short term priority)
If you think they are the form team in the division, wait till we visit Barnsley.
However, a very promising result today and great for the confidence. Well done, Liam.

What a lovely man I can't wait until this time next year when there are 2,500 of us at Peterborough and in there postion well done everyone. Just keep battling same again Friday 3/4 points from the next few games could be massive.

If you think they are the form team in the division, wait till we visit Barnsley.
However, a very promising result today and great for the confidence. Well done, Liam.

Thing is no one will be expecting us to get anything at Barnsley the same as no one really did today. Posh won their last 3 games before today scoring 10 goals in the process including beating Derby and they also beat Plymouth 5-2 last month.

There was enough in that performance today to suggest if we carry on the same we should stay up.

Great result and team effort. The support was fantastic. Murphy tracked back well, currently a couple of yards short of pace, but I dont think he is 100% match fit.
For all the great support given to the team today the constant criticism of Murphy on the site will do nothing for his confidence.
Manning will get the best out of him, he needs a word in his ear a pat on the shoulder to gain confidence.
Non of this would have happened under the clown, as he was more concerned with undermining players. He cared for their mental health not one jot

Murphy actually wasn’t too bad today, he offered more than the plodding Wildschut and the anonymous Joseph.

Have to say it was a terrible game, but credit to our centre backs, they were very calm. Findlay can only really do the basics but he did them very well indeed today.

Moment of the march was the block by Brannigan, that was stupendous defending.

Smyth appears to be a very sensible player who knows his limitations and who importantly is a unit. He’s got to start games.

Well done Manning, you thoroughly neutered a free scoring opponent.

We never looked like scoring today though.

Oppo more than useful but we were set up right.

Play like that and we’ll stay up. Ugly but effective.

This has been one of the most important points we’ve picked up this season. A team that has scored 10 in their last 3 games, who are pushing for the playoffs and are now in 6th and who were playing at home, against a team on the cusp of relegation, that has been fkd over by a fat, lazy, narcissistic, useless, scouce prick.
Thank you Liam and Stuart. Under Robinson, we’d have capitulated.
I don’t think he’s fat

Great result and team effort. The support was fantastic. Murphy tracked back well, currently a couple of yards short of pace, but I dont think he is 100% match fit.
For all the great support given to the team today the constant criticism of Murphy on the site will do nothing for his confidence.
Manning will get the best out of him, he needs a word in his ear a pat on the shoulder to gain confidence.
Non of this would have happened under the clown, as he was more concerned with undermining players. He cared for their mental health not one jot

Blimey, I find myself agreeing MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom