• Sub: O'Donker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Fleming

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes got the talent (murphy) - hes only delivered one this season for 30 mins ( v charlton) ....imo that isnt good enough
Exactly. I’m surprised some of his team mates haven’t had a word. Relegation will effect every one in the squad, so if you are not pulling your weight you need a fkin good talking to.

A very important point, and clear signs that we finally have a manager who actually knows how to set a team up properly.

Well done Liam and the lads 👏

This has been one of the most important points we’ve picked up this season. A team that has scored 10 in their last 3 games, who are pushing for the playoffs and are now in 6th and who were playing at home, against a team on the cusp of relegation, that has been fkd over by a fat, lazy, narcissistic, useless, scouce prick.
Thank you Liam and Stuart. Under Robinson, we’d have capitulated.

That’s the best Murphy has played (bar Charlton)- still a long way to go, granted. To be fair to him he’s a very attacking winger who is most effective in their final third and not ours, so I think there’s more to come. He literally didn’t have the ball in that area of the pitch for 70 mins.

Very good defensively. I thought Wildschut and Maguane were really effective.

we played our most attacking line up and still looked like we couldn’t score

I don’t agree and that’s an unfair criticism. A team with 4 central defenders making up the back 4 is hardly a selection going all out to score goals.

We played virtually the entire game in our own half when we didn’t have the ball and that wasn’t enforced by Posh - we did that on purpose. So it’s not really fair to be overly critical of scoring goals when the focus was clearly not to lose more than anything else. And that’s smart from LM because the confidence will grow from believing they aren’t going to get beaten easily.

Admittedly I would prefer us to be more positive in games to come but this was a necessary step. I think we’ll go after Shef Wed a bit more being at home. Whilst it wasn’t electric attacking football it’s very difficult to be critical of a clean sheet and a point away at Peterborough wherever you are in the league.

Against a side who are 6th in the league, with 10k fans behind them and have been scoring for fun recently. We had the 2 best chances in the game and had the ball in the back of the net albeit Browne was offside.

We limited Posh to hardly anything, the amount of corners they had that we dealt with it was a masterclass in how to go to a tricky away game and come away with something. Karl would of took us there and we would of been out played, out thought and out fought.

Exactly. I’m surprised some of his team mates haven’t had a word. Relegation will effect every one in the squad, so if you are not pulling your weight you need a fkin good talking to.

The suggestion on RadOx was that Long and Moore were having a word first half, when Murphy failed to put a challenge in on the edge of his own box.

I thought Murphy was completely ineffective today. So were Wildschut and Joseph for the most part, but they both at least worked harder. It's hard to believe how much we're paying him.....

.....but still, shouldn't be a day for hanging on the negatives, because that was a terrific, organized backs-to-the-wall display. Barely had the ball all game, but still didn't give up a good chance and created by far the best ourselves.

We need to repeat that performance against the likes of Barnsley and Wednesday; and then the key to our survival is whether we can find another gear in attack against at least some of the bad teams we have left to play.

A fantastic result a real shift put in by the players and they really pi...d Peterborough off well done a great point

Against a side who are 6th in the league, with 10k fans behind them and have been scoring for fun recently. We had the 2 best chances in the game and had the ball in the back of the net albeit Browne was offside.

We limited Posh to hardly anything, the amount of corners they had that we dealt with it was a masterclass in how to go to a tricky away game and come away with something. Karl would of took us there and we would of been out played, out thought and out fought.
They had 10,000 fans but only 500 of them made any noise.

It’s so refreshing at long last to have an adult in charge of the playing side. I can now listen to the post match interviews without cringing at the overblown emotive, self promotion bullshit. There are elements of Appleton with Manning, it’s all about the team, the process and what’s needed to try and retain our league one status. Nothing else matters.

I‘d have taken a point before the game, hopefully it’s something we can now build on. It was important to get something from today’s game as it shows the players that Manning knows what he doing, the belief from the players in Manning and his process will be vital to our survival. However there’s still a lot to do, Manning has been left a shocking mess to sort out.
I thought at the time that Manning should be able to get us out of this.
We probably need another 6 to 7 points. After a draw at the form team in the Division away from home, if we can't get those...... So not sure that it is a shocking mess ( as in keeping g us up which is his only short term priority)

It’s a good point towards staying up, no point expecting much from this limited squad, goal now is just to stay up and this is a small step in that direction.

I reckon we need 6 to 7 more points.
No way will we need 50. I really can't see us needing 10 ( will Accrington get 14 more points? Very little chance I would have thought)

You have been saying this for a while and fair play, barring a very big and unlikely turn around from one of the four below us, you look like being right.

The low points total is what will save us if we do stay up, if this was a 50 point to stay up season we would be doomed but I reckon 45/46 should be enough, so two wins two draws.

Last edited:
I reckon we need 6 to 7 more points.
No way will we need 50. I really can't see us needing 10 ( will Accrington get 14 more points? Very little chance I would have thought)
I've cashed out on my January 80/1 bet that we'd be relegated
A certainty under the previous enemy within who had our CEO in his thrall until the players decided enough was enough and threw him under the bus
The ship has been stabilised now and with the new sober, sensible manager we'll glean enough points to comfortably survive this season
He has limited resources to work with but will make the best of them

The negativity is a bit odd. That's a good point even if we were pushing for the play-offs.

Imagine thinking we'd get a clean sheet at Posh after the pathetic 3-0 defeat to Rovers a few weeks back? Unthinkable.

We'll get a few goals yet, I'm sure. Better to get solid and organised first.

Two games (both away from home) unbeaten on the back of having previously lost 9 from 10. I don't see how anyone can call that anything other than progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom