• SUB: Bodin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: GOD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my take of the game we lost for two reasons. First, we failed to put the ball in the back of the goal, not once but several times. Secondly, we failed to adopt tactics to outplay the opposition. If you see every high ball crossed into the oppositions goal area and you fail every time to win a header, why keep repeating? They had a man mountain of a goalie, they had defenders who out jumped or were just taller than us. Couple of occasions the ball was played on the ground to far greater success. We gave away the ball from a corner that led to us facing a 3 on 1 situation and to conceding.
More annoying is that everybody could see it happening so, why didn't KR change?

This. 100%.

‘I‘m here to protect my players’ - Karl Robinson in most of his recent interviews - oh dear.
Part of Karl's ifollow interview 'for some unknown reason people don't want to get hurt and get on the end of things'

They had the better chances first half, and the player that went down with the fake injury came off minutes later with injury!
I really admired their commitment to the lie.

I don't however agree they had the better chances first half. They had the one they skied from the corner of the 6 yard box and the one Brown blocked, we had Taylor hitting the post Tyler's close range header and Wildschut's s**t that went backwards that we somehow got the throw for. Pretty even I'd say. The second half was a different kettle of fish as we had no ideas at all how to break them down while they created some very good chances.

wonder how many goals / assists Jones would have got if he had the same amount of game time as Bodin. The managers job is to pick his best players to perform on the pitch as a team. We have injured / not fully fit experienced wingers and he’s not even on bench. I don’t hear any question on Radio Ox on why he’s not in squad or having no game time. Time to fully direct questions at KR as I wouldn’t let him have any more of my money in January after his last spending spree. Did we really chase Findlay for 18 months he’s seriously s***.

Interesting point on the poor defending for Exeters goal. In the second half of the Charlton game we had a corner, Moore was on his way up but stopped just over the half way line and was going absolutely ballistic at the bench as we had too many players up and were over exposed. I thought it very odd as the Captain why he didn’t sort the issue himself for ffs, it’s an easy one to fix rather than expecting the bench to do it (which they did with the usual manic shouting and finger jabbing).
What crossed my mind at the time was are the players over coached, expecting the bench to supervise everything, or is it a case the players don’t take responsibility. Bit of both I guess.

Yes the ground is the most important thing that really is the future. We can get a new manager at any time and if the planning is permitted it would certainly raise the quality of manager we could get. But let's be honest we all see the manager merry go round every week. You have new managers who have never been the no1s before win 5 games and all of a sudden they are premier league managers. Very often its not just the manager its the backroom staff. I smile everytime they mention Mous who works on the corners and free kicks we look totally inept at them. And I don't see any team that seem to get hit on the break as often as we do. What do other people think.

From my take of the game we lost for two reasons. First, we failed to put the ball in the back of the goal, not once but several times. Secondly, we failed to adopt tactics to outplay the opposition. If you see every high ball crossed into the oppositions goal area and you fail every time to win a header, why keep repeating? They had a man mountain of a goalie, they had defenders who out jumped or were just taller than us. Couple of occasions the ball was played on the ground to far greater success. We gave away the ball from a corner that led to us facing a 3 on 1 situation and to conceding.
More annoying is that everybody could see it happening so, why didn't KR change?
The most erudite post match analysis.

First half we kept and moved the ball around at pace, on the floor, with our midfield three and wide players
dominating the play. Moore, Long and Brown were able to play it out from the back and Anderson’s exciting raids from right back
were causing Exeter’s back three big problems. They went to four at the back with Brown’s injury and after HT closed the midfield
spaces and got tighter to our wide players.

We then started to panic a bit and played too many high balls into their box and never won one header.
We had no threat from set pieces aerially with Exeter easily coping with corner kicks , free kicks and crosses but we kept on doing it.
Goodrham should have stayed on. We fell apart when Long went to right back with Findlay replacing Anderson. Brown also seemed adversely affected
by the substitutions.

We even committed suicide from our own corner - counter attacked 3 on one for the winner should just not happen. A catastrophic and deserved home defeat
to start 2023.

Worse vocal home fans ever, what's going on . From one of the best at the manor home & away .To , not too bad at the K****m, to absolutely embarrassing. Please don't blame the stadium ,blame ourselves, shameful. Out f****g sun at home to Exeter. Pfffft.
Why the constant obsession with how much noise the fans make?! It’s been done to death on here and WATG and it’s just tedious now.
Play well, the fans respond. Wallowing around mid table nowwhere near the top or bottom and people ain’t gonna find a lot to make noise about.
There always have been and will be fans who’ll make noise, they just need something to make noise about.

The most erudite post match analysis.

First half we kept and moved the ball around at pace, on the floor, with our midfield three and wide players
dominating the play. Moore, Long and Brown were able to play it out from the back and Anderson’s exciting raids from right back
were causing Exeter’s back three big problems. They went to four at the back with Brown’s injury and after HT closed the midfield
spaces and got tighter to our wide players.

We then started to panic a bit and played too many high balls into their box and never won one header.
We had no threat from set pieces aerially with Exeter easily coping with corner kicks , free kicks and crosses but we kept on doing it.
Goodrham should have stayed on. We fell apart when Long went to right back with Findlay replacing Anderson. Brown also seemed adversely affected
by the substitutions.

We even committed suicide from our own corner - counter attacked 3 on one for the winner should just not happen. A catastrophic and deserved home defeat
to start 2023.

It’s harder to react to game changing situations and implement fresh tactics if needed, when all the substitutions were pre-planned.

Why the constant obsession with how much noise the fans make?! It’s been done to death on here and WATG and it’s just tedious now.
Play well, the fans respond. Wallowing around mid table nowwhere near the top or bottom and people ain’t gonna find a lot to make noise about.
There always have been and will be fans who’ll make noise, they just need something to make noise about.

It was a lazy, chaotic summer from the fans, all sat around the various swimming pools of the Mediterranean, checking their texts and Facebook messages every 5 minutes. Posting nonsense on an insignificant Division 3 fans forum.

When clearly they should’ve hired Begbroke Village Hall, practiced their chants for the coming season, not just the old stuff either, composing new songs for individual players, learning how to applaud wildly when Rosie gives ‘em a pep talk at half time.

I‘m looking at you Upper South Stand. A pathetic, lazy, uninterested, apathetic bunch if ever you saw one.

Last edited:
Nonsense, you sing & encourage your team , more than ever when your not playing well. I think it's a good reason ,to vocally support your team, when there mid table to help push them up the league. 12th man & all that. There's always fan's that don't make noise, just moan at the people, that make the noise. It's just tedious now!!

Last edited:
Nonsense, you sing & encourage your team , more than ever when your not playing well. I think it's a good reason ,to vocally support your team, when there mid table to help push them up the league. 12 man & all that. There's always fan's that don't make noise, just moan at the people, that make the noise. It's just tedious now!!
While I admire your spirit, your view that every fan should support the team with 100% vigour 100% of the time is unrealistic and rather naive. Fans respond to what they are seeing. If what they are seeing is positive, so will their response be, That said, some will always offer vocal support whatever the circumstances, others won't. I wouldn't draw any conclusions about how 'good' or 'bad' that makes their support.

While I admire your spirit, your view that every fan should support the team with 100% vigour 100% of the time is unrealistic and rather naive. Fans respond to what they are seeing. If what they are seeing is positive, so will their response be, That said, some will always offer vocal support whatever the circumstances, others won't. I wouldn't draw any conclusions about how 'good' or 'bad' that makes their support.
😂 Thankyou. I'm definitely not naive, I understand what your saying, maybe it's me & my circle of friends & associates, are more fanatically vocal. It definitely doesn't make us bigger & better supporters, I just firmly believe in vocally, supporting your team . Win ! Lose! Or Draw. You know the old saying, if we go down!we all go down! we all go down together!

wonder how many goals / assists Jones would have got if he had the same amount of game time as Bodin. The managers job is to pick his best players to perform on the pitch as a team. We have injured / not fully fit experienced wingers and he’s not even on bench. I don’t hear any question on Radio Ox on why he’s not in squad or having no game time. Time to fully direct questions at KR as I wouldn’t let him have any more of my money in January after his last spending spree. Did we really chase Findlay for 18 months he’s seriously s***.

Don't know about Jones but he didn't impress in his 60 minutes Vs Exeter in the Cup whereas Bodin scored 2.

Bodin since 26 October has scored 7 with 1 assist in 12 games/747 mins played. That is a good run of form so why is he being highlighted.

And disagree with Findlay. He helped calm the defence when Charlton were putting the pressure on and re-establish our control. He wasn't at fault for yesterday either.

😂 Thankyou. I'm definitely not naive, I understand what your saying, maybe it's me & my circle of friends & associates, are more fanatically vocal. It definitely doesn't make us bigger & better supporters, I just firmly believe in vocally, supporting your team . Win ! Lose! Or Draw. You know the old saying, if we go down!we all go down! we all go down together!
And you and your mates are some of the people I refer to and that every club needs when I say there’ll always be people that will make noise, and good on you for doing it, seriously, but like @Pete Burrett said, not singing doesn‘t make us ‘embarassing’ or any less passionate about our club. Just don’t expect everyone else to follow suit when you expect them to, especially when the fare on the pitch is so unpredictable.

Interesting point on the poor defending for Exeters goal. In the second half of the Charlton game we had a corner, Moore was on his way up but stopped just over the half way line and was going absolutely ballistic at the bench as we had too many players up and were over exposed. I thought it very odd as the Captain why he didn’t sort the issue himself for ffs, it’s an easy one to fix rather than expecting the bench to do it (which they did with the usual manic shouting and finger jabbing).
What crossed my mind at the time was are the players over coached, expecting the bench to supervise everything, or is it a case the players don’t take responsibility. Bit of both I guess.
fair point ....for the indirect freekick in the penalty area, right at the death , McGinty was trying to attract the attention of the coaching staff as to whether he should 'go up' or not- probably in reality it was a few seconds, but it seemed ages before he got the nod from the coaching staff to 'go '( not that it did any good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom