• SUB: Bodin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: GOD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again… Nathan saying we’ve already had a done deal for a loan player fall through… 🙄
Another form of Ground hog day. A club agrees a loan deal, the pulls out when its almost over the line.
Also, it was mentioned anyone coming in will be most likely loans, not permanent, as we aren't fishing in the same pond as the top 5 for players.
Oops, almost forgot his usual opening gambit he regurgitated, targets were identified 4 to 6 weeks ago.
It just wouldn't be the same without his pre transfer window bullshit.

As has already been pointed out, we have had 11000 for a Boxing Day game against Woking and the atmosphere was dead.
It is no secret that our home games generally have a poor atmosphere, especially since the ultras were put off from carrying on by the club.
Having a below average season won’t help but don’t pretend that we are used to having a bouncing atmosphere at home games.
The Woking game wasn't exactly Glastonbury, but neither was it as bad as it has been this season. By comparison, when we are doing well, we always had the East stand singing, with the North stand joining in.
This season though stands out like a sore thumb.

Fair. I'm as frustrated by KR as the next man, but Karl can't do anything about players not taking their chances.

You can say it's his fault for messing up the window, and perhaps it is. But the window brought in Murphy, Wildschut, resigned Bodin, etc, talented players that should be scoring goals. We have an - in theory - 20 a season striker in Matty Taylor, none of them are scoring goals. Karl can tactically switch things up and outsmart opposition coaches shape-wise all he wants, if the ball never goes in the net we're never going to win.
The number of games this season we could have killed off with easy chances is unbelievable. The Sheffield Wednesday game sums it up really, can't score from two yards out, nor from the penalty spot.
Incredibly frustrating but not Robinson's fault. I'm sure he's tearing his hair out the same as we are. If James Henry misses an open goal from point blank range we could have Pep as manager, the ball's still not in the net.
Who bought these players?
Who trains them?
Who shows them the game plan for the day?
Who decides who plays where?

Normally such mistakes you highlight are identified and corrected in training, not so with kr in charge.

The Woking game wasn't exactly Glastonbury, but neither was it as bad as it has been this season. By comparison, when we are doing well, we always had the East stand singing, with the North stand joining in.
This season though stands out like a sore thumb.
It is down to the Kassam Stadium. No one wants to be there..no one ever did. Three sided stadium does not help at all. Huddersfield Town's new stadium started with three sides but they soon rectified the matter. We must be out by 2026. Supporters are not to blame at all ......it is all wrong from the bottom up. And while I am at it, no more criticism from Peter Rhodes Brown.

giphy.gif

Same old, same old today.

We’re going to give more time to this clown car of a coaching structure, are we?
Unfortunately, as I said recently, the board are about to trust the current manager with another transfer window budget, so it's pretty obvious that they're happy with the current manager, and that he ain't going anywhere anytime soon😔

Unfortunately, as I said recently, the board are about to trust the current manager with another transfer window budget, so it's pretty obvious that they're happy with the current manager, and that he ain't going anywhere anytime soon😔
There is no "transfer window budget" it will be one or two loans.

We should have been out of sight by half time. A good performance. But, what woeful finishing. Taylor, ( i’m very sad to say) , has almost run his race at OUFC; never mind needing support, he needs replacing.

Second half, awful positional discipline led to their goal. I’m not surprised Bran and Bodin got called out. Bram should have professionally fouled the breaking player.

Plusses. The midfield, Goodhram, the mighty Long. Keeper wasn’t bad as well.

Negs: all the subs, our set pieces, the Ex keepers time wasting, that ludicrous fake injury in the 24th minute of every game that creates the first quarter time out. I do not pay my money to watch frantic finger jabbing from our coaching staff in front of the team and some water bottles. I come to watch some football being played.

Sign a f*****g striker ffs playing with 10 man every game we could actually cross the ball knowing someone will actually win a header ffs
It's our system and tactics that make it seem as though we're playing with 10 men I'm afraid, can't blame a striker for being out of form, when he's spent all season starved of service, and feeding off scraps, bloody Haaland would struggle to score regularly in this side.

Taylor got 20 goals in the league last season. I don't think he's suddenly lost it after one summer. He does his best work in the opposition box and he needs support and players round him that can beat a man and cut it back for him. He will never score goals (or look useful) if the ball is smashed into him at pace when he's 50 yards from the opposition goal.

Luck, we have none, when we get some all will be well.

The problem with this of course, is that we said it on about 20 occasions across 2022 (both last season and this) and have already said it on Day 1 of 2023.

Maybe failing to beat Morecambe, Fleetwood, FGR, MK Dons, Accrington, Shrewsbury, Lincoln et al isn't really about luck?

He did apart from 2 players. Bodin has been ill and Murphy and Yanic were always going to start 1 each. Probably the right decision given that Murphy didn’t look half as lively when he came on as he did Thursday.
This pre season mentality is pathetic and embarrassing!

Murphy looked very good against Charlton, a level above. None of the subs looked good today. Murphy would have been helped with Anderson threatening down the right

Taylor got 20 goals in the league last season. I don't think he's suddenly lost it after one summer. He does his best work in the opposition box and he needs support and players round him that can beat a man and cut it back for him. He will never score goals (or look useful) if the ball is smashed into him at pace when he's 50 yards from the opposition goal.
Also thrived when someone playing alongside him, aka Baldock, created space with decoy runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom