• SUB: Bodin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: GOD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
fair point ....for the indirect freekick in the penalty area, right at the death , McGinty was trying to attract the attention of the coaching staff as to whether he should 'go up' or not- probably in reality it was a few seconds, but it seemed ages before he got the nod from the coaching staff to 'go '( not that it did any good)
That was for the corner near the death. None of the coaching staff were looking towards the pitch at that point, all having an animated discussion amongst themselves while McGinty was clearly screaming at them to get the all clear. Pretty irrelevant but I was thinking we might run out of time to take it as it looked like Bate was delaying it until McGinty made his move. It might sound a petty reason to be having a go but I don't know what they could have been talking about that was more important than what was happening on the pitch, there's nothing they could do from a tactical point of view with seconds left. I also suspect if McGinty had taken it upon himself to go up and we'd conceded he would've taken some blame after the game as Robbo never told him to go.

If your manager regularly puts the boot in in public when mistakes are made then it would make you think twice about taking any risks I'd imagine.

And you and your mates are some of the people I refer to and that every club needs when I say there’ll always be people that will make noise, and good on you for doing it, seriously, but like @Pete Burrett said, not singing doesn‘t make us ‘embarassing’ or any less passionate about our club. Just don’t expect everyone else to follow suit when you expect them to, especially when the fare on the pitch is so unpredictable.
Screenshot_2023-01-02-12-19-47-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpgScreenshot_2023-01-02-12-19-00-15_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgScreenshot_2023-01-02-12-14-59-31_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

While I admire your spirit, your view that every fan should support the team with 100% vigour 100% of the time is unrealistic and rather naive. Fans respond to what they are seeing. If what they are seeing is positive, so will their response be, That said, some will always offer vocal support whatever the circumstances, others won't. I wouldn't draw any conclusions about how 'good' or 'bad' that makes their support.
Happy new year, archbishop.

Were you at the game yesterday? The atmosphere was pathetic. Despite the team playing very well.In the first half at least.

12 points off getting in to the play off places now 😢

Derby 3-0 up, Bolton 2-0 up
It’s certainly got away from us a bit (mathematically) with the last few rounds of games which temporarily takes away one of our remaining glimmers of hope in that the gap was so small - though it can still all change.

I didn’t a see a single kick of the game yesterday hence my unusual silence. But it’s another opportunity missed to take points from a pretty ordinary side whatever it looked like. Regardless of the performance, this type of result has and will continue to hamper us all season as we simply cannot change games. For most managers that is their worst nightmare. For Karl, not so, it seems. Jerome Sinclair anyone? Joking!!

The other teams up there have the rescue clubs they can get out their bag to get them out the thickest rough. We’re trying to get through 4 days at St. Andrews with half a set of clubs. We were never ready for this season and still, passing half way now, we are not ready for this season. Do we even know our best team? Christ, there’s a thought. Soon, we have to start worrying about how unready we are for next season… We must start somewhere in Jan.

Last edited:
It’s certainly got away from us a bit (mathematically) with the last few rounds of games which temporarily takes away one of our remaining glimmers of hope in that the gap was so small - though it can still all change.

I didn’t a see a single kick of the game yesterday hence my unusual silence. But it’s another opportunity missed to take points from a pretty ordinary side whatever it looked like. Regardless of the performance, this type of result has and will continue to hamper us all season as we simply cannot change games. For most managers that is their worst nightmare. For Karl, not so, it seems. Jerome Sinclair anyone? Joking!!

The other teams up there have the rescue clubs they can get out their bag to get them out the thickest rough. We’re trying to get through 4 days at St. Andrews with half a set of clubs. We were never ready for this season and still, passing half way now, we are not ready for this season. Do we even know our best team? Christ, there’s a thought. Soon, we have to start worrying about how unready we are for next season… We must start somewhere in Jan.

I’m starting to worry about the gap between us and the bottom 4. We are a couple of fresh injuries away from major trouble.

I’m starting to worry about the gap between us and the bottom 4. We are a couple of fresh injuries away from major trouble.
When you look at our fixtures we have played most of the “lesser” teams at home this season and we have the top 8 sides other than WW to play at home.Always harder to get points away from home and we will be battling against teams desperate to stay up
If we aren't careful we could sleepwalk into a relegation position,

When you look at our fixtures we have played most of the “lesser” teams at home this season and we have the top 8 sides other than WW to play at home.Always harder to get points away from home and we will be battling against teams desperate to stay up
I am really concerned that relegation is looming

From my take of the game we lost for two reasons. First, we failed to put the ball in the back of the goal, not once but several times. Secondly, we failed to adopt tactics to outplay the opposition. If you see every high ball crossed into the oppositions goal area and you fail every time to win a header, why keep repeating? They had a man mountain of a goalie, they had defenders who out jumped or were just taller than us. Couple of occasions the ball was played on the ground to far greater success. We gave away the ball from a corner that led to us facing a 3 on 1 situation and to conceding.
More annoying is that everybody could see it happening so, why didn't KR change?
KR is arrogant. End of.

Whilst I would agree that we should avoid being so arrogant to assume that we won't go down.....

.....we did just thump Charlton only four days ago. And we've seen at least 8-10 genuinely bad teams in the league this season. I would have high confidence that we'll find the ~6 wins out of our last 22 games that we would need to stay up.

I would say that it's highly, highly likely that this season peters out into a boring midtable finish.
(which is nowhere near good enough, of course, given the amount we've spent over recent years).

We better enjoy the Arsenal game, because it's probably going to be the only memorable thing about the 2022-23 season.......

Whilst I would agree that we should avoid being so arrogant to assume that we won't go down.....

.....we did just thump Charlton only four days ago. And we've seen at least 8-10 genuinely bad teams in the league this season. I would have high confidence that we'll find the ~6 wins out of our last 22 games that we would need to stay up.

I would say that it's highly, highly likely that this season peters out into a boring midtable finish.
(which is nowhere near good enough, of course, given the amount we've spent over recent years).

We better enjoy the Arsenal game, because it's probably going to be the only memorable thing about the 2022-23 season.......

Memorable in what way ? 😬🫣

One of the best goalkeepers in history was Jorge Campos, and Mcginty is a similar size to him. Based on today's performance, I can see him playing for a lower league premiership team one day.
Looking at the players lining up yesterday Ed McGinty is deceptively tall. Also interesting to see how powerful Yanic is at close quarters and when fully fit will be an asset
i’m sure.

Looking at the players lining up yesterday Ed McGinty is deceptively tall. Also interesting to see how powerful Yanic is at close quarters and when fully fit will be an asset
i’m sure.

I said the same to a mate when McGinty signed. Whereas eg. Moore is lanky, Father Ted McGinty is all in proportion, so it's hard to tell he's so tall unless he stands next to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom