What are peoples expectations for this season?

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date

What is your expectations?

• Champions

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Runners up

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Third

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Play off winners

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Play off losers

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Just outside play offs

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Mid table

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Relegation battle

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Relegated

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[QUOTE="Scotchegg,

Also, why keep the likes of Nelson into their last year when he could have easily picked up £200k or so and cash in now?[/QUOTE]

He cost us more than £200 k, I would have thought that having Nelson for another season would be well worth the two hundred you reckon we would get now. To be honest, I haven’t given up on Nelson signing a new contract

Just generally looking forward to the season. Got my ticket for Barnsley, hoping to get a glimpse of Garbutt, Browne and Norman, as well as Mackie who I saw play for Reading couple of times and I think barring fitness concerns will make a positive contribution. Curious to see Carruthers play also, a player I can’t recall at all from his MK days. Let’s hope for a progressive, positive campaign!

[QUOTE="Scotchegg,

Also, why keep the likes of Nelson into their last year when he could have easily picked up £200k or so and cash in now?

He cost us more than £200 k, I would have thought that having Nelson for another season would be well worth the two hundred you reckon we would get now. To be honest, I haven’t given up on Nelson signing a new contract[/QUOTE]
Neither would I. My point was that if Tiger hasn't got the money or the backers some are saying, why hang on to an asset that could be worth nothing in 9 months when he could cash out now?

With such a massive turn round of players there will inevitably be a period of taking time to gel, so I expect a relatively poor start. How short the gel time is will determine how well we go. Expect a just into the top half type of position for the season. If Robinson has chosen extremely well we might even have a stab at the play-offs.
I thought that same with Pep. Great start. Then fell apart! Who the b****r knows!

Under KR we achieved 1 point per match. Lets see what his team can deliver. After Leeds and MK Dons, I am now doubtful of a play off run.
With Clothead we had the impetus from Appleton. With Robinson we have the hangover from Clothead. A world of difference!!!
Lets hope so Sir.

Comfortably top half with an outside shot of the play offs. It's a tough league this year and we are coming off the back of a dreadful season and a big turn around of players. KR needs our full backing even of things don't look grest to start with.
KR delivered one point per match with Pep's team (well not true he had Dickie and Brannagan). I agree with your summary Sir. I feel mid table with a good cup run, and ready to go again for serious promotion push with a settled team 19/20?

Just outside the play offs, dont think we've got quite enough... yet!

Just outside the play offs for me, we had a bad season just gone, have had big player turnover and a manager who hasn’t been in place that long, that has led to a harder summer of player recruitment than I would expect next year.

Still got a decent team, with a couple more decent players in and a bit of luck we might be able to nick a play off spot.

I said i expect a top eight finish, and with Smith signing I think we can achieve that comfortably.

Depends on who else comes in before the window shuts, but also reliant on avoiding lengthy injuries to key players, as well as suspensions. So you do need a good size squad with depth, and players that can come in, and do a good honest job for the team.

One vote already made for relegated. Must be Kip.

There’s a few others to choose from. Anyway, I’m assuming that, since Admin created the poll, the plan is to ban anyone who votes “relegated”. Shhhhhhhh.

If that team we had last year managed to avoid relegation (once KR got hold of them), it is hugely unlikely that this lot will be any worse!

I'm always the optimist. I'm going play off winners beating Pompey in the final at Wembley in front of a record play off final attendance.

Now Dave can I please drive the positive bus.

Back
Top Bottom