• Higher?

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Lower?

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • The same?

Votes: 42 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Promoted as champions. Anything less than that with Bakrie and Thorhir at at the helm would be a very disappointing season. Robinson best buck his ideas up too! I'm not willing to settle for anything less than a perfect season.

The only thing i`m expecting this season is that whoever pulls on a yellow shirt plays with pride
and never gives up.

I hope we can make the play offs and i`m going to predict us finishing 4th, also think we could
have a decent cup run and i would love to see us make the 1/4 finals of either the League or FA
cup.

I’d like to finish in top 6 and get as far as we can in cups have a couple of games against the big premier league teams and that would be a good season hopefully topped off with either gaining promotion automatically or a day out at Wembley

How many people have changed their expectations between the last fortnight i wonder?

Personally, i dont think weve done quite enough, we will still play some lovely football, steamroller some teams, but we have not added that steel that means we can battle with the likes of Blackpool.

Theres some crazy quality in this league this year.

You look at Wednesday and Ipswich and think the top two are sorted already.

10th-14th for me.

How many people have changed their expectations between the last fortnight i wonder?

Personally, i dont think weve done quite enough, we will still play some lovely football, steamroller some teams, but we have not added that steel that means we can battle with the likes of Blackpool.

Theres some crazy quality in this league this year.

You look at Wednesday and Ipswich and think the top two are sorted already.

10th-14th for me.
I reckon you play on this persona now that your grumpy and your negative where as in reality your a cheeky old man that enjoys his kfc 😁

I'm extremely pessimistic.

As things stand at the moment, I reckon there's no chance whatsoever of a top six finish.

We'll end up somewhere in mid-table (between ninth and seventeenth), quite possibly with a different manager.
That really is pessimistic.
That is almost Kip pessimistic!

We could well finish 14th (or lower), no guarantees that new players will settle, bad injury run, the whole squad falls out with each other etc but I reckon between 5th and 9th in a play off battle that could go anyway until the last few games, then probably lose in the play offs but maybe third time lucky as we have been waiting for a full Wembley.

Got the attacking options just need to hope the defensive signings have tightened us up a bit and we can get off to a better start.

Typical Oxford. The season hasn’t started, and we’re already mid-table.

c76096482f8b8e93acaea50ac3e8b385.jpg

Since we’re now on the cusp of the new season, we can now make a better prediction for how we’ll get on than when this thread first began.

For me, I think we have plenty of promise. I hope to see a couple of defensive reinforcements before the end of the transfer window which should be enough personnel to see us through to Christmas.

My main concern remains a constant issue with KR sides and that’s muscle in the midfield. It’s an area that wily teams know how to get the better of us like Blackpool in the playoffs. A snappy player like Gorrin won’t cut it there and I feel that not being able to dominate in the middle against the very top sides pushes us out of true automatic promotion material.

Playoffs would be very good albeit probably par based on how we’ve done previously. Top half would be acceptable in a league that is looking very hot this year. Anything lower would be disappointing.

Typical Oxford. The season hasn’t started, and we’re already mid-table.

c76096482f8b8e93acaea50ac3e8b385.jpg
We so very nearly made it through a close-season without someone making that gag... Just one day short this time 🤣

(and 16th would be our best start to a season in ages, so don't know what you are complaining about...)

A few weeks back I thought sneaking into top 10 would be a good season given some of the really good windows our rivals have had. Then we brought in Seddon, Holland, Whyte and Thornily. Now I think top 10 is minimum expectation and a playoff finish would be a successful season. A lot of it will come down to the back four - any long term injuries/suspensions/covid hits and we are still a little light. I have no fears about the front 3; we've brought in 4 fantastic, experienced players on the wing, Agyei keeps getting better, Taylor is a beast at this level, and we may even see the best of Winnall this season too. My prediction now is 5th place finish, a little flirt with the autos before falling off a little. Promoted via the playoffs beating Sunderland in the semis and Rotherham in the final. Nothing too specific.

My prediction for this season

1) Sheffield Wednesday
2) Ipswich Town
——————————-
3) Rotherham United
4) Sunderland
5) Oxford United
6) Wycombe Wanderers.

Relegation
21) Cheltenham Town
22) Fleetwood Town
23) AFC Wimbledon
24) Morecambe

My prediction for this season

1) Sheffield Wednesday
2) Ipswich Town
——————————-
3) Rotherham United
4) Sunderland
5) Oxford United
6) Wycombe Wanderers.

Relegation
21) Cheltenham Town
22) Fleetwood Town
23) AFC Wimbledon
24) Morecambe
As long as we turn Sunderland over and then laugh in the face of Rovrum

Well before our recent activity I thought we would finish lower mid table. Now I think we should finish top 10. How close to the playoffs I don’t know. There are some serious looking squads in this league this season. There’s more that 6 teams who have budgeted to get promoted. There’s going to be a few clubs that could struggle financially if they don’t make it this year. Hopefully we’re not 1 of them.
Saying all that I’m really excited about this season and really excited about see our team in the flesh. Vocal cords have had 2 seasons rest, now is the time to roar the boys to victory. In Karl and “the board” I trust. COYY

Back
Top Bottom