Matches December Expectations - A Massive Month 🎄

How many games will we win in December?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After this weekends tie in the FA Cup versus Exeter, we will head in to a 5 game month. A very important month before the transfer window re-opens.

We are bang in mid-table as things stand so this will be a very key month if we have any ambitions of closing the gap to the play offs. A very big month for the manager.

December 3rd - Accrington | A
December 10th - Barnsley | H
December 17th - Sheffield Wed | A
December 26th - Ipswich | A
December 29th - Charlton | H

You’d like to think we could win the 3 games either side of the trips to Hillsborough & Portman Road.

What do others think?
Draw. Defeat. Defeat. Defeat. Draw.
But KR says we were 'brillliant' in every game. Also says our injury list is 'horrendous'. And that good times are just around the corner. Says everything will be sorted in the transfer window where we'll be 'really aggressive and get our business done early'.

The tragedy is we could win 3 but I have no Idea of which 3. We could lose the home games and win away. Our match form is so unpredictable I will not be considering any bets on individual games

I think by the end of those fixtures we will be further off the play offs than we currently are.

Currently 6 points off play offs, I reckon we’ll be 9+ off. 1 win, maybe 2.

If we’re further off the play offs by the end of those fixtures then that will just show that Robinson should have already been sacked. The board are just delaying what seems to me to be an inevitable decision.

Accrington (A) - Win
Barnsley (H) - Loss
Sheffield Wed (A) - Loss
Ipswich (A) - Loss
Charlton (H) - Draw

Going to be a long month, any result from those middle 3 games is excellent.

We need two points per game from now until the end of the season to reach the expected play offs points total.

4/5 pts from away games, 4/3 at home, but as others have said, which ones are anyone's guess

Defeat at Stanley
Beat Barnsley
Lose at Wednesday
Lose at Ipswich
Draw with Charlton

It’ll all be ok though as the slump can be blamed on any one/combination of the following:

Injuries
Referee
Heavy pitches and legs
Oppo’s music being too loud

Fear not though, the players will care, Robinson will protect them and we will most definitely have some clarity. It’ll bumble on and on.

Can see one win and could get 2 draws
But not sure in which games

That would put us a long way behind the top six

The Board then have to make a very big decision and quickly, this is the scenario I most feared.
By not getting rid of KR earlier the new manager may not be appointed until mid January he then has to look at the players and see who he wants in right at the end of the window
The timing is all wrong

Defeat at Stanley
Beat Barnsley
Lose at Wednesday
Lose at Ipswich
Draw with Charlton

It’ll all be ok though as the slump can be blamed on any one/combination of the following:

Injuries
Referee
Heavy pitches and legs
Oppo’s music being too loud

Fear not though, the players will care, Robinson will protect them and we will most definitely have some clarity. It’ll bumble on and on.
Think you’ve pretty much got it there.
However, I wouldn’t call it a “slump”; that’s more of the same mediocrity. KR, of course, will spin it as progress.
One excuse to add: Wednesday, Ipswich etc are “big-spending teams”
4 points and on we go…..

2 wins, 2 defeats,1 draw.

We continue to limp along.

January comes, Robinson still in situ, but power, control and influence gradually ebbing away. In the meantime KR’s over generous payoff reduces as each month passes.

January window. A couple of longer term signings in the Dickie, Brannigan mould, plus several short term loan signings to get us to the end of the season.

Can see one win and could get 2 draws
But not sure in which games

That would put us a long way behind the top six

The Board then have to make a very big decision and quickly, this is the scenario I most feared.
By not getting rid of KR earlier the new manager may not be appointed until mid January he then has to look at the players and see who he wants in right at the end of the window
The timing is all wrong
I honestly don’t think there’s ever been any consideration to replace KR. I’m expecting him to say that preparations are already being made for next season, by him and the board, in the 5MFF. Will also probably be a good time for him to announce his new 3 year contract… 🙄

Back
Top Bottom