What are peoples expectations for this season?

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date

What is your expectations?

• Champions

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Runners up

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Third

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Play off winners

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Play off losers

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Just outside play offs

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Mid table

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Relegation battle

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Relegated

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What @The Hawk said. Here are my predictions for the 5-game blocks. 60 points, flirting with play-offs. A couple of very sticky months and a couple of very good ones. (I'll see if I can figure out a way to share the file if anyone wants to have a look themselves)

View attachment 640

Did you not get the memo? You aren’t allowed to predict results, points totals or the amount of goals we might score if it’s based on nothing but pure guess work.

Shame on you ;)

Having said that I might be a bit more optimistic than you and think we will be between 65 and 70 points. The first target is obviously to get to 52 points as quickly as possible.

Did you not get the memo? You aren’t allowed to predict results, points totals or the amount of goals we might score if it’s based on nothing but pure guess work.

Shame on you ;)

D'oh! Sorry. :)

I did use the fixture difficulty thing from www.experimental361.com as a guide... I was interested in looking at which 5-game blocks might be easier/harder. We definitely shouldn't expect too much from August / October. If we're in the thick of things at the end of November I'd say that's above par.

No, I'm not skewing anything.

Jon Obika is a year younger and he's not played one game outside of the championship or league one and that is where all of his goals have come from. He is a proven striker at this level. Is he good enough for the championship? Probably not. Is Lyle Taylor? Probably not either, as far as I was aware only Charlton and Sunderland were sniffing around, if a championship club were interested he would have gone there but he never.

Lyle Taylor is older and has played a lot of games at Non League level and in Scotland where a lot of his goals have come from. His best career spell has been at Wimbledon where is best season for goals by a considerable amount was in league two. So the argument that he is proven at this level is not correct.

Obika deserves a bit more respect from our fan base in my opinion.

Ok. Now we’ve established that you’re a cheerleader for Obika and btw I hope I will be this season as well, you haven’t considered form which is everything in football.

Taylor last season bagged 14 league goals and 6 assists with players that were on the lower end of the league 1 spectrum. That’s why he is far better than big Jon!

If we had a striker with those figures (in League 1) last season we may have made a run for the playoffs! Certainly wouldn’t have been in a relegation battle.

Ok. Now we’ve established that you’re a cheerleader for Obika and btw I hope I will be this season as well, you haven’t considered form which is everything in football.

Taylor last season bagged 14 league goals and 6 assists with players that were on the lower end of the league 1 spectrum. That’s why he is far better than big Jon!

If we had a striker with those figures (in League 1) last season we may have made a run for the playoffs! Certainly wouldn’t have been in a relegation battle.

Not really a cheerleader, I just think its important to get some perspective some times. You said Lyle Taylor is proven at this level, I have proved that Jon Obika who is ridiculed by some on here is in factually more proven at this level.

That is all.

Not really a cheerleader, I just think its important to get some perspective some times. You said Lyle Taylor is proven at this level, I have proved that Jon Obika who is ridiculed by some on here is in factually more proven at this level.

That is all.

That’s debatable because his current league form is terrible. However, if myself and others on this forum are wrong and Obika is the answer to our striker issue, then why is KR desperate to sign a target man?

I think because KR agrees with the perspective that we need a decent striker!

That’s debatable because his current league form is terrible. However, if myself and others on this forum are wrong and Obika is the answer to our striker issue, then why is KR desperate to sign a target man?

I imagine he agrees with the entire forum that we need another striker. No one is saying we don't lack depth in that department. But we can still be saying Obika deserves to start the season, and could end up grabbing quite a few goals this term.

I imagine he agrees with the entire forum that we need another striker. No one is saying we don't lack depth in that department. But we can still be saying Obika deserves to start the season, and could end up grabbing quite a few goals this term.

Agree with you that he deserves a start absolutely. Let’s see if he can carry that form into the league.

Shame on you ;)

Having said that I might be a bit more optimistic than you and think we will be between 65 and 70 points. The first target is obviously to get to 52 points as quickly as possible.
It will be good to get to 52 points in January so we can focus on the FA Cup run. Beyond that I'm not getting too carried away!!

What @beyondthefourth said.

FFS. Might I suggest you have a look in the pl

FFS. I suggest you a look in the players car park. I have noticed a big up grade from last season. To me, that, indicates Tiger IS investing. Tiger could of cut DF and CAllen. Technically they are not needed. But. No. Tiger. Wants to continue to build the club. To me. Actions speak louder than words, my friend. Lets back Tiger. Lets not drag the fella down.
I assume this comment is a joke?

I can’t think that the recruitment has gone as well as KR had hoped.
However, from what I have seen so far, we look to have brought in some improvements and we look to be a compact side.
We need a goalscorer in, and, if we get one in before the transfer window closes then I can see us pushing into the top ten.

I assume this comment is a joke?
It's a good point though isn't it? Why is Tiger paying for SD, Faz and CA when he could have got rid of 2 and saved a few quid? Seems a strange use of limited funds if we take your view that he hasn't got the cash.

Also, why keep the likes of Nelson into their last year when he could have easily picked up £200k or so and cash in now?

Top 10 and flirting with play offs
As many have said - a cup run run. A game like Swansea lifts the whole club
Entertaining football
A couple of standout individuals e. g. a fit commanding Nelson and Whyte excelling as a pacy winger a la Joey

Yes optimistic.

A cup run run,??
I must have been thinking of 3rd and 4th rounds!

KR hit the ground running with MK Dons in L1, as 29 yr old coach. Play-offs in 1st and 2nd seasons. Promotion in 4th. So. Am I being too optimistic to hope for play off run?

Back
Top Bottom