Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would add to your post that any incoming manager has to deal with the crap leftover here next season as well, regardless which division we’re in.

A number of those signed up for this season are sadly contracted for next season too, all a year older in the case of a number of 30 year + players.

Anyone thinking the summer is going to see a lot of deadwood be chucked out, think again. Who is going to take Josh Murphy off our hands?
This could be expensive for the owners if the new manager wants to get rid…..which in my opinion he should.

Its not Mannings fault if we go down, he will only have ten games with someone elses squad, a team in freefall and a very messy situation, anyone blaming the incoming manager for Robinsons mistakes and the boards inaction needs to give their heads a wobble.
The thing is Robinson has gone and will not have a relegation on his cv,he has left us in an unbelievable mess.

The spent around £400k on incoming players whilst making around £5m in sales. They also lost some very good loan signings so collectively I'd be amazed if their wage budget wasn't also significantly reduced.
So MK has struggled this season due to a reduced budget, so can you judge manning on this season? KR struggled this season with a good budget. Don't compare the two.
Let's get behind a young potentially forward thinking manager, the OUFC management certainly didn't take much notice of this forum!

Most of us would rather have had Appleton so it seems a bit disappointing, but I think I'm more excited by Manning than I would have been by McCann. Just needs to keep us up, then he can start the clever stuff! I'm not sure how much I'm influenced by the fact he looks a bit like Eddie Howe. It looks like we have a plan, and I really don't care whether he galvanizes the fans or whether people aren't happy.

When you look at the tins of beans on the shelf you dont always take the best but the cheapest on offer

Not being able to accept people with differing opinions suggests it is you who needs to grow up, not other users who you wish to insult.

FWIW, I'm fully behind Manning and I would have taken a mannequin on the touchline over Robinson. He wouldn't be my first choice however, and I have been given no reason to trust this board.

So if Manning loses the next 11 and gets us relegated you're not blaming him one bit ? Deary me and you're saying for others to give their head a wobble. This is not FGR appointing Duncan Ferguson - that's what you call a dire situation. Our squad is not that threadbare, it's a case of invigorating it and getting these plays to perform. People are saying we are where we are because of Robinson, fine but we haven't got Robinson any more, we have Manning. Is he not going to produce any sort of upturn in our fortunes ? In your view, this appointment comes with zero expectancy this season and zero culpability with 33 points still left to play for ? An utterly bonkers opinion, give that head a serious wobble.

One, he isn't even going to be in charge tomorrow so its 10 games.

Where did I say he can lose every game? That's you just being the man u supporting contrarian Baldy of old and talking shite, of course that would be unacceptable.

What I plainly said was that if we go down he can not be expected to take all the blame, he has taken over very late into the season, the squad is s**t however people try to rewrite history and claim its not that bad, needs a complete overhaul and we all know its many weaknesses so I can't be bothered to go over them again.

You defended the man who caused this with his midlife crisis to the very end, that's where blame will lie for me. You don't blame the fireman for not being able to put out the fire started by the arsonist before the house is fucked, they are just doing the best they can in the situation.

I am actually hopeful we will stay up now, fresh voice is what was really needed at this point.

I would add to your post that any incoming manager has to deal with the crap leftover here next season as well, regardless which division we’re in.

A number of those signed up for this season are sadly contracted for next season too, all a year older in the case of a number of 30 year + players.

Anyone thinking the summer is going to see a lot of deadwood be chucked out, think again. Who is going to take Josh Murphy off our hands?
Baldock Murphy Henry Bodin wildshut

Not being able to accept people with differing opinions suggests it is you who needs to grow up, not other users who you wish to insult.

FWIW, I'm fully behind Manning and I would have taken a mannequin on the touchline over Robinson. He wouldn't be my first choice however, and I have been given no reason to trust this board.
You're on a public forum. If you make some random bullsh*t post, don't be surprised if you get some stick for it.

You're comparing Robinson to Manning by highlighting both previously managed MK and that neither played for anyone significant during their playing careers.

That makes sense!

Appleton may have been approached and said “No”.
He might have been offered the job but the terms weren’t good enough.
He might be worried about a possible relegation.
We don’t know. The board are appointing who they believe is the best candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom