Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to find that out last night and to his credit, it hasn’t been the same everywhere which is a good sign. He’s obviously flexible and picks the team based on what’s available.

He has played a back 3 quite a bit and also a 433/4231. So could be any of these that we see. I can’t see anything other than 352/343 with the players we have. Surely he will spot that….

I think a 343 with Fleming overlapping beyond Brown on one side and Anderson doing the same past Henry or, dare I say, an interested Josh Murphy, could be lethal.

Personally I’d like to see 3/5/2 - 5/3/2, rather than 3-4-3 especially against Derby, keep it tight, flood the midfield, try and frustrate Derby who will be looking for a win despite some inconsistency of late. A point would be a good result for us.

I wanted Appleton purely because it was a romantic choice that the guy who got us promoted to league one comes in and saves us being relegated BUT I think McCann would be a solid option for us I don't really know much about how his team's play but he has got a promotion out of this league before
And I think he was doing alright before he left to go to Leicester, and that was with all the Eales shite that was going on at the time.

I wanted Appleton purely because it was a romantic choice that the guy who got us promoted to league one comes in and saves us being relegated BUT I think McCann would be a solid option for us I don't really know much about how his team's play but he has got a promotion out of this league before
He's also been sacked this season by a team who will have similar aspirations and budget as us next season (if we stay up).

The Hull boys, certainly. Smith was at Donny & Hull with him and he brought Fleming through to the first team from the academy at 18/19. Probably others, too.
Coincidence or conspiracy 🤔
Hopefully their performances will improve now, and especially Smith’s. Maybe he’s the man to score 3 or 4?

Coincidence or conspiracy 🤔
Hopefully their performances will improve now, and especially Smith’s. Maybe he’s the man to score 3 or 4?
Hopefully a coincidence, because god help us if it was planned! And more worrying, what our aspirations will be like going forward.

Well if McCann, McCant get us firing, then his stock will not be very high afterwards.

He will find himself scraping around for a L2 job.......which is where we would be by that point, so massive for his career as well as our future.

Annoyingly, Alan Nixon is often bang on the money.

If McCann has been appointed it feels underwhelming. I hate to say it, but we’ve missed a trick if we haven’t opted to MApp.
Just out of curiosity why have we missed a trip if we haven’t opted for Mapp?

Where’s Ian Greaves when you need him . God rest his soul.

There was excitement when Greaves came in, mind you after Brown, Asprey and a caretaker stint from Roy Barry, it wasn't difficult to feel pumped up by the arrival of Greaves - dark, dark times with gates at 3-4,000 and the football the direst I've ever seen Oxford produce and I include the non league days. I think part of Greaves' appeal was because he'd become a well known face on the opening credits of MOTD for years, in the dug out fag in mouth ! Fair play to him, he got the ball rolling again.

So has Robinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom