Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all this talk of a Director of Football is wide of the mark to be honest. The majority of managers (including ones apparently on our shortlist) don't work with one, and it needs a very specific skillset and contacts book. We have never had one, it's expensive, and it's two possible positions to fail at as well.

Far more likely is your standard manager, with his own assistant and backroom team, and the rest of the coaches being let go. And then a new head of recruitment above that working with the manager (which is currently actively being searched for). No point having both a DoF and head of recruitment.

Tim Williams made it pretty clear that he doesn’t want a director of football in his last radio interview.

Unless things have changed since the sacking of Karl then it’s likely to be the plan he said at Fridays meeting.

1 x Head of Recruitment
1 x Full time Scout
2 x Part time Scouts

How many are they interviewing and when will a decision be made on the best candidate? Someone must have an inclin.

Warburton has had an interview. That why I put a £10 bet on him at 66/1

There was another manager out of work who interviewed today, and his name is the same as a place in Oxford.
We can assume that’s where a car factory is then 😂

Tim Williams made it pretty clear that he doesn’t want a director of football in his last radio interview.

Unless things have changed since the sacking of Karl then it’s likely to be the plan he said at Fridays meeting.

1 x Head of Recruitment
1 x Full time Scout
2 x Part time Scouts
Head of recruitment isn’t too far off a DOF though, at least on the player recruitment side of things.

Warburton has had an interview. That why I put a £10 bet on him at 66/1

There was another manager out of work who interviewed today, and his name is the same as a place in Oxford.

A double act of Ron Benson and Tony Hedges?

Perhaps Tim Williams made the same mistake as Mike Bassett.

Big difference really. DOF is above the manager in club structure whilst head of recruitment works for/with the manager.
I get what you mean, but in terms of what Warburton has worked with before, in terms of recruitment, it’s what he would have been used to. I just meant it from the player recruitment side of things really. Which is why I guess that’s what they are recruiting for instead of a DOF.

Have we interviewed someone with the same name as a place down the a420 that has a Christmas barn each December?

(And sounds like Ricky Sappleton)

I’m not against Warburton, McCann or Appleton, I would welcome either with open arms, and I’m sure there are a couple more to interview that would be just as exciting.
The others whose price has shortened in the last few hours are Jackson and Whitehead. Maybe they have been or are still to be interviewed, or people having a bit of fun with £5 bets here and there!

Would be happy with any of the 3 you have mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom