Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we interviewed someone with the same name as a place down the a420 that has a Christmas barn each December?

(And sounds like Ricky Sappleton)
Big shout out to that Xmas Barn where I get my tree every year *taps badge*

I remember us getting al result at a McCann Peterborough side at Peterborough when they tried to play Man City possession football despite being ducking awful at it and clearly completely unsuited to playing that way. Think it was appleton era.

Sample size of one obviously but it surprised me enough at the time to remember now.

But not at Oxford.
That's got nothing to do with anything, there isn't some curse on good managers doing poorly here because it happened a couple of times under wildly different circumstances two decades ago.
Give me Critchley or Mcann

But could you guarantee that if a
Club in a higher league see we’re doing well and make an approach for Mapp he
Would turn them down and stay here.

Critchely jumped ship to be assistant at a Premier League club just like Mapp, except he left a club in the Championship to do it. McCann left Doncaster in pre season at almost exactly the time Mapp left us after a phone call from Hull. Good managers will get poached and most are ambitious and will move. It's a far better situation to be in than no one wanting your manager (or players too, in our case. Cheers Karl). What you're worried about with Mapp the two you're advocating have been guilty of far more recently.

All this being said, and I also voted for Mapp, I agree that I'd be happy with McCann here too, he'd be second choice for me I think assuming Buckingham is out of the equation. Young manager, plays good football and has won this division before as well as getting Doncaster into the playoffs with what I assume was a smaller budget than we have relative to the rest of the league. Had Hull just short of the playoffs before they sold Bowen and Grosicki and nose dived. If he's in the home dugout against Derby I won't be upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom